+4,000

I just read that 4,153,237 people got married last year. Not to start any trouble, but it should be an even number. amirite?

Pedo_Cats avatar
268 125
The voters have decided that Pedo_Cat is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

i know how: a couple married on new years eve. one said i do in 2009, the other said i do in 2010.

@QueenofModesty i know how: a couple married on new years eve. one said i do in 2009, the other said i do in 2010.

not really because they are not married until they are pronounced man and wife so even if one said i do in 09’ and one said it in 10’ they have still not been pronounced husband and wife until after the second person says i do

I person could have married divorced and then married again in the same year.

amiwriters avatar amiwriter Yeah You Are +76Reply
@amiwriter I person could have married divorced and then married again in the same year.

But wait, if they married the first time that would be +2 to the count. Then they divorced (doesn't affect count) and married again +2. So still an even number, no?

@But wait, if they married the first time that would be +2 to the count. Then they divorced (doesn't affect count)...

No, it just said that many people were married. The person who married, divorced, and married again would only count as one because you can't count the same person twice. You just can't. Because I say so.

ya but thats not a normal thing to do.. and divorces take a very long time to process..

@ya but thats not a normal thing to do.. and divorces take a very long time to process..

Your partner could die. That doesn't take long. Although most people don't get over their dead spouses that quickly.

@freddo http://www.amirite.net/161370 POW

lol. idk how this was approved, but i wouldn't have posted this if i knew. :(

Pedo_Cats avatar Pedo_Cat Yeah You Are +1Reply

I saw a story about a woman who married a bridge. It's a sexuality called "objectosexual" or something.

ctiscoolers avatar ctiscooler Yeah You Are +26Reply
@ctiscooler I saw a story about a woman who married a bridge. It's a sexuality called "objectosexual" or something.

Hmm.

So riddle me this; Objectosexual marriage is... okay, while Homosexual marriages are still not allowed?

America D:

& Before anyone bitches at me - I realize it's possible the woman who married the bridge and the man who married the video game aren't in America.

Lizzys avatar Lizzy Yeah You Are +62Reply

Nice username, douche.

@Pedo_Bear Nice username, douche.

@611294 (Pedo_Bear): You should feel loved that somebody wants to copy you. Since a lot of people don't love you... Like your 456 kids.

Maybe it's the number of couples that got married, not actually the number of people.

I laughed :)

Truuninjas avatar Truuninja Yeah You Are +21Reply
@Truuninja I laughed :)

Me too.

Anyways, it happens like this.
A and B get married.
A and B get a divorce
A marries C.
Only 3 people got married. There were 2 marriages though.

@Truuninja Someone probably married a cat.

Ha. Rule 34.. and you have 34 votes on your cat love post... Well, I thought it was funny.

WTF WHY DID A REPEAT POST GET POTD
RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE

repost

This should have been the POTD http://www.amirite.net/161370 . Not the reposted version. :/

Najias avatar Najia No Way +14Reply
@Najia This should have been the POTD http://www.amirite.net/161370 . Not the reposted version. :/

This one is worded better though; the original is a question, then amirite, whereas this one is a statement, then amirite.

@This one is worded better though; the original is a question, then amirite, whereas this one is a statement, then...

(asdfghjkl;): wait this is supposed to be a site where you ask question oh well

@(asdfghjkl;): wait this is supposed to be a site where you ask question oh well

(:S): ....Oh my. I didn't think this website was a hard concept to grasp but I guess I am wrong. I mean if you need me to explain I will, but.. wow.

@fangirl12 They're the same thing, who cares which one got POTD?

It's not fair to lilmissgiggles. She posted it first.

Najias avatar Najia No Way +10Reply
@Najia It's not fair to lilmissgiggles. She posted it first.

Dude, she's still got more than a thousand votes. If I were her, I wouldn't care who got POTD, I'd just be happy I actually got that many.

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are -3Reply

Someone did marry his anime body pillow...

Ewwww....

@Someone did marry his anime body pillow... Ewwww....

ew! I heard about that from my friend and he thinks it's not that bad. I hope he's jokin about it, but you never know with this guy...

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +1Reply

There was a guy who married a barbie doll cuz he thought his dead ex wifes spirit possessed it

Didn't some guy marry a video game or something? Though, if that is the reason, I don't feel any better.

@_pi_ Didn't some guy marry a video game or something? Though, if that is the reason, I don't feel any better.

Some guy married a pillow too...O.o Not sure when but I know it happened xD

its because i married a tree ;)

I swear I didn't know it was a platypus at the time.

Wow, way to steal from MLIA.
http://mylifeisaverage.com/story/2438936

@Wow, way to steal from MLIA. http://mylifeisaverage.com/story/2438936

The person on MLIA probably stole it from someone else. You can never trust THOSE kinds of people. The MLIAers.

I'm pretty sure OP actually said he stole it from MLIA. He said so in an above comment...

That number 37 was me, I married a rock. Don't judge.

I am a polygamist. 1 million of those marriages were my wives

Yadayedas avatar Yadayeda Yeah You Are +4Reply

I read about a woman from L.A. that "married" a 50-pound rock. It probably didn't happen though.

"My wife, she is dead"
"I'm sorry to hear that"
"smiles HIGH FIVE!"

this is most definitely what happened

B747s avatar B747 Yeah You Are +3Reply
@bluegoddess How does that make sense? Did he then get remarried?

I'm offended you don't understand this joke.

B747s avatar B747 Yeah You Are -2Reply
@B747 I'm offended you don't understand this joke.

Oh wait. Is this from How I Met Your Mother? I have a feeling it is......

Actually, I'm almost positive it is! Isn't it from the one where Barney pretends he is married?

@B747 Borat.... smh

Oh... Well. I've never seen anything with Borat in it and I actually have no idea as to who he is other than Sacha Barn Cohen.

Someone could have married, divorced and remarried.

Abdul married a goat.

@Abdul married a goat.

its true I did marry a goat

@its true I did marry a goat

sigh at least spell it right.

i read about this--- apparently a guy in japan married a robot-_-

RunThePacifics avatar RunThePacific Yeah You Are +1Reply

it was funny the first time now ppl keep saying it over and over. i dnt mean to sound bitchy but it gets annyoing

Can't mormons have multiple wives? That could be the reason.

@Marco Can't mormons have multiple wives? That could be the reason.

Not for a long time. One of our 'comandments' is to follow the laws of the land. Once it became against the law, we stopped doing it. You've probably heard of the FLDS church in Texas. FLDS is and off shoot of our church, kind of like the Protestant church is an off shoot of the Catholic church.

Wasn't it because some guy in Japan married that character from a video game? So it doesn't count as a person?

bahahahahaha

BradyJ96s avatar BradyJ96 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@BradyJ96 bahahahahaha

That's how many marriages were performed. Not how many people got married

Polygamy FTW!!

GMScodes avatar GMScode Yeah You Are 0Reply
@GMScode http://www.amirite.net/161370 Fuck fuckety fuck

That's been posted a few times in these comments already...

A Muslim man is allowed to have upto 4 wives and I think a few other religions allow it too.

OK. so, many of the answers could be correct and all, but seriously, it might also be a joke, since when do people have an EXACT number of people who get married, i read that about 3,8 million (or so) people got married last last year, not an exact number as you see!

its weird how ppl with the usernames: LOL and Love2Laugh voted no.......

strawberryjams avatar strawberryjam Yeah You Are 0Reply

Human and dog marriage?

andieehawkes avatar andieehawke Yeah You Are 0Reply

NO you idiots - In many countries, you can have more than 1 WIFE. Try to look further than outside your window when you comment. Morons.

Ohmy, fucking dumbasses. js

Polygamy?

woww someone posted this like a couple months ago and now this is the post of the day? fuck pedo cat!

How did this get reposted and make POTD? The original had over 1,000 votes and no one remembers?!?!?!?

@adam How did this get reposted and make POTD? The original had over 1,000 votes and no one remembers?!?!?!?

Lots of people remember, as you'd know should you read the above posts...

Can't there be married threesomes? Hahaha

well... one of them could have died before the survey... unless this wasn't based on a survey.

Someone did marry they're pillow last year. So......

Tom_Riddles avatar Tom_Riddle Yeah You Are -1Reply

@ 613092 (Anonymous): read the comments, also what makes you think the poster on MLIA was so original?
People can have the same thoughts ya know

JamiLovesYous avatar JamiLovesYou Yeah You Are -1Reply

these comments are some of the funniest i`ve read in a while

yeh lol

It was probably the guy who married the ds

Sister wives...

Well I did hear about that one guy who got married with an anime doll not that long ago...if that makes any sense.

Crouchezs avatar Crouchez Yeah You Are -1Reply

they could have miss typed and meant to say how many marriages there were

Youuuuuuuuuuu suckkkkkkkkkk!

this was stolen from MLIA!!!! aren't there any other MLIA fans on this website that noticed this?!? common!

Somebody died?

@ASDFGHJKLLL Somebody died?

but they still got married..

@but they still got married..

that's legal in France, you know :D

Askutchs avatar Askutch Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Askutch that's legal in France, you know :D

Marrying a dead person is legal in France? O.o

people become nuns and priests, so technically they mary God? so that could make an odd number of people

@people become nuns and priests, so technically they mary God? so that could make an odd number of people

They aren't recorded as marriages and only catholic priests are married to the church. Most protestant priests can marry. Wait- okay, if a protestant priest is married to his wife AND the church, could that count?

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +2Reply

She marride a dinosor! RAWR

maybe it's 4,153,237 people got married to another 4,153,237 people and that makes the even number you were expecting??

@583859

The number could just be based on couples and not just people by themselves.

@583859

"That's right, I'm a polygamist!"

@583859

a person cant get married to 2 or more people because theres a law

True... also you probably stole this of fb but idc :)

BradyJ96s avatar BradyJ96 Yeah You Are -19Reply
@BradyJ96 True... also you probably stole this of fb but idc :)

No, s/he definitely stole this from MLIA. I'm an MLIAer. I would know.

@Pedo_Cat actually i stole it from MLIA :P

omg! that's like telling your wife that you cheated on her via text WITH A SMILIE FACE ON THE END OF THE MESSAGE.

Rosss avatar Ross Yeah You Are +36Reply

I love how this was the lowest rated comment on the page.

How dare you bring this shit onto us! MLIA, i cringe!

Anonymous