+574

"Kids playing violent video games is making them obese, and it is psychologically bad for them." Shut up. All you damn safety organizations can't talk. You guys are the ones that have lashed out on jungle gyms and merry-go-rounds for being "unsafe". Thanks for tearing down my old "unsafe" playground with all that and rebuilding it "safer". that helped. I'm gonna go play XBOX. amirite?

Rosss avatar
18 9
The voters have decided that Ross is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Although studies /do/ show that young kids [toddlers and younger] watching a LOT of television [5-6 hours a day] have a higher chance of getting ADD or ADHD.
But, video games aren't bad. People are just crazy. If the kid somehow gets a rated M game, it's the parents' fault for not checking the rating.
My brother plays video games and he is just fine.

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Katffro Although studies /do/ show that young kids [toddlers and younger] watching a LOT of television [5-6 hours a day]...

They should rate people, not video games.

If a 14yo is mature enough to play a 18+ game, he should be able to do it. It's not going to change his life or make him violent.

@They should rate people, not video games. If a 14yo is mature enough to play a 18+ game, he should be able to do...

Exactly.
But, I still think that the video game salesman should warn the buyer of what's in it, especially clueless parents.

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are +4Reply

"Although studies /do/ show that young kids [toddlers and younger] watching a LOT of television [5-6 hours a day] have a higher chance of getting ADD or ADHD."
ono smilie
I really hate science sometimes.

Ram27s avatar Ram27 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Ram27 "Although studies /do/ show that young kids [toddlers and younger] watching a LOT of television [5-6 hours a day]...

Who lets their young kid watch 5+ hours of television a day?
Babies are supposed to sleep 18 hours a day.

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are -2Reply

Adults hate video games cause it's new. Every generation has it's scapegoat. Last time it was the television, and now it's video games. I wonder what's next.

I seriously hate those adults with the "video games are bad hurrrr" mentality. They are the same ones who spend hours watching TV.

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Big_Boss Adults hate video games cause it's new. Every generation has it's scapegoat. Last time it was the television, and...

pretty soon we're going to be saying "those robots are just spoiling you and making you fat hurrr" it's sad

_Mike_s avatar _Mike_ Yeah You Are 0Reply

There is a merry go round at a park nearby by me and nobody has taken it out. And it's really old and has a downhill drop next to it... I guess people are too lazy to take it out xD

Summerstars avatar Summerstar Yeah You Are -1Reply