+310

Sometimes you just need a special computer that doesn't connect to the internet or will only connect to sites you need for research so that you can actually do homework without getting distracted, amirite?

Marys avatar Technology
2 6
The voters have decided that Mary is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I just make a separate account for my homework, and then I parental block myself from my specific distraction sites. It works pretty well, until I lose my will power and just type in my own parental block password -___-

I can access my school account from home, and the websites that are blocked at school are still blocked on my computer so I can get my homework done without getting too distracted.

Or you can utilize this nifty skill called self control - it works great :D

There's an app for that. No, I'm serious. It lets you set a limit on the websites and programs you use for a certain amount of time; if you don't want to get on facebook til 8:30, after you finished your homework, it will stop your computer from being able to load facebook, etc. It's pretty cool, a friend told me about it. I can't remember the name of it but if I do I'll make sure to let you know :)

smj21s avatar smj21 Yeah You Are 0Reply

How about you practice suppressing impulses and simply choose not to visit distracting websites while doing homework?