+390

Time travel is confusing: If you go back in time to change something, then that thing never actually happened, so you never had to go back in time to change it, so you never did, so it did happen, and so you go back in time to change it, so it never happened... it's just an endless cycle amirite?

MyGuiltyPleasuress avatar Technology
2 14
The voters have decided that MyGuiltyPleasures is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

That's called the Grandfather Paradox (correct me if I'm wrong). It's named so because if you went back and accidently killed your grandfather you wouldn't be born. If you weren't born, you didn't kill your grandfather which means that you're alive and killed your grandfather. It's very confusing.

Sadies avatar Sadie Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Sadie That's called the Grandfather Paradox (correct me if I'm wrong). It's named so because if you went back and...

It gives me a headache. Are you sure it's not the Time Paradox? Or maybe that's a book...

@MyGuiltyPleasures It gives me a headache. Are you sure it's not the Time Paradox? Or maybe that's a book...

No, the time paradox can refer to the grandfather paradox but it can also refer to when a time traveller in the past causes a different world to develop (I think). Like if I went back and messed with a man causing him to marry the wrong woman they would have the wrong kids. It doesn't affect me but it changes the world. Now imagine if one the the "wrong" kids became the president.

Sadies avatar Sadie Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Sadie No, the time paradox can refer to the grandfather paradox but it can also refer to when a time traveller in the...

Oh okay I get it. Like if someone went back and time and killed Hitler, it's a huge controversy as to what would happen. Would it be better or worse in the end? Things like that?

@Sadie Exactly. lol, I'm such a geek.

Geeks are cool lol. Thanks for explaining it. Although it's still confusing in essence.

time traveling always reminds me of back to the future =)

@hungry_hungry_hippo time traveling always reminds me of back to the future =)

Me too! I love that movie, it is one of my favorites!

Sadies avatar Sadie Yeah You Are 0Reply

Time isn't real. It's man made. @_@

Huh?

poop