+377

Let me get this straight: the two acts of defiance of the British by the Americans were to drop tea into the Boston Harbour, and to drop the "u" from "Harbour". The Yanks sure have an odd way of rebelling, amirite?

Countries & Places
7 22

Sure did put you guys in your place.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are +18Reply

And a hundred years later we had a war with ourselves.
All right!

JennaGees avatar JennaGee Yeah You Are +15Reply

It's better than what Canada did. We just kind of asked politely for our independence.

We also drove on the other side of the road

yeah but we did it with enough badassness that my dudes TJ and GW got it done :D

brunetterox915s avatar brunetterox915 Yeah You Are +7Reply

I'm American but I totally voted this up ;)

Actually, our way of rebelling involves kicking the ass of what was arguably the largest world power of the time, and taking a good chunk of an entire continent all for ourselves, while wearing homemade uniforms under the command of a man who nobly refused to be king.

All of which inspired the country of France to turn itself inside out for the sake of liberty, and set a precedent for the rest of the entire farking world so that kings would stop being such douchebags to their citizens.

That's how we rebel. Thankyouverymuch.

yeah and there kinda was this small act of defiance, um.. the revolution, you know not such a big deal and all but it was an act of defiance

@870428

I'm not sure you have your facts strait...
The problem with the taxing in America was that we never got any of that money. It was all sent to make England better. We also had no say in it. Ever heard of "No taxation without representation"?

Also it DID piss off the brits. They made us go by a bunch of really strict rules and closed a big trading area.

It did more than you think.
Just wondering, where are you from?

@870470

Ok, I see what you mean now. I was wondering if the British recorded history different from the Americans or something. Yeah, I think the colonies were pretty pissed about the new laws XD
Especially that one about having to let those people into your house. I don't remember it exactly.

@Ok, I see what you mean now. I was wondering if the British recorded history different from the Americans or...

They're the Intolerable Acts, and the Quartering Act is the one you just mentioned, one of the 4 laws within the Intolerable Acts. The entire reason for the Olive Branch Petition was to get these removed and to stay at peace with Britain. However, the King was pissed and sent 20,000 more troops to the colonies. Thank you Brusism and American History

@870428

The Boston Tea Party was a response to the Tea Acts, which was not even a tax. It only said that colonists had to purchase their tea from The British East India Company, which was an extension of the Navigation Acts. The colonist were rebelling against the monoply of the market.

we also tar and feathered people....

yeah and there kinda was this small act of defiance, um.. the revolution, you know not such a big deal and all but it was an act of defiance...

Damn straight! Kicked their asses we did hahaa!!

Where is this op from?

I learned this last year in History..

Hey, but it worked.

Really? are u british people still mad about the revolutionary war??