+548

Its actually conteractive for colleges to have to accept a certain amount of people from a certain race so that they are not considered racist. People should be admitted soley on academic merit and ability, without race playing into it at all. amirite?

nantsingonyamas avatar Education
9 24
The voters have decided that nantsingonyama is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Counteractive*

Wow.. Could've sworn I read this same exact post, worded differently, yesterday.

@madeyebeauty Wow.. Could've sworn I read this same exact post, worded differently, yesterday.

When was it dated? I searched before I posted this, but this post is also pretty old.

nantsingonyamas avatar nantsingonyama Yeah You Are 0Reply

This already happened, and there was a supreme court case on this in 2003. Old news. By diverse the college means hobbies and life story. If you are from a upper middle class white family living in suburbia and you had the same grades as a person who's mexican and grew up in a bad surrounding, then they would select the mexican, because they're different.

Does that actually happen?

Bardagis avatar Bardagi Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Bardagi Does that actually happen?

It's a law for both jobs and colleges.
You have to interview/accept a certain amount of different races
Such as, if there's a black person and a white person and they get the same grades except the white person was in more clubs, they have to take the black person if the quota hasn't been met for them/it's been met for white people.
It was originally for when people were super racist a few decades ago, but it's still around despite laws protecting people.

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are +1Reply

This is an awesome post.

dzukacs avatar dzukac Yeah You Are 0Reply

please explain wtf ECs and Ib is.

@myprofile please explain wtf ECs and Ib is.

EC: extracurriculars like sports, clubs, or volunteering.

IB: International Baccalaureate, which is like an all AP schedule and can be harder. Pretty much, It's super hard and only really smart kids who don't need to sleep can do it.

@nantsingonyama EC: extracurriculars like sports, clubs, or volunteering. IB: International Baccalaureate, which is like an all AP...

well that school obviously needed to fill a quota and just because they took all those classes doesn't mean they did well in them or maybe they did, I kinda dgaf now.

So my phone isn't letting me reply your comment but I'm sure you'll see this anyway. Lol so it doesn't even matter... I was in a bitchy mood when I wrote that and haha I really needed to calm down. Its just a post on the internet and more than one person is entitled to the same opinion. So I apologize for rudely attacking you.

Statistically, men get better grades than women, so should we not put our gender either?

If you work hard enough you won't have to worry about anybody else. So quit bitching and study

@myprofile If you work hard enough you won't have to worry about anybody else. So quit bitching and study

Yeah, you still do. What prompted this post was one the story of this one girl I knew. She was an IB kid, in the top quarter of her class, and had a whole bunch of ECs. She applied at this really good school near where we live and didn't get in. Her best friend, who only took regular classes and had barely any ECs, got in. Why? Because the school is in a predominately white area with high competition to get in and her best friend was black. So it still does kinda matter.

nantsingonyamas avatar nantsingonyama Yeah You Are +1Reply

Everybody who agrees are white people who didn't get into a college

Lkuns avatar Lkun Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Lkun I'm a latino that did get into college...

You're probably a white-washed Latino anyway. So you don't count.

@You're probably a white-washed Latino anyway. So you don't count.

"I don't like your opinion, so you must only think that because you are a part of X group. AND EVEN IF YOU AREN'T YOU ARE ANYWAY SO YOU DON'T COUNT!"

ImInAJars avatar ImInAJar Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Everybody who agrees are white people who didn't get into a college

Dude Im not even in highschool yet but I know this is happening