+547

Actors should Act, and Singers should Sing. Actors shouldnt Sing, and Singers shouldnt Act. amirite?

JanaeJSs avatar
11 30
The voters have decided that JanaeJS is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Someone should tell Disney that...

aneesta92s avatar aneesta92 Yeah You Are +11Reply

Um, do you know what a "musical" is?

@monstrosity Um, do you know what a "musical" is?

if i may, i think the poster means that every child actor given the smallest of parts on disney channel shouldn't automatically get a record deal.

and justin bieber shouldn't get gigs on csi.

for the record, i think musicals are awesome.

@waddupoprah if i may, i think the poster means that every child actor given the smallest of parts on disney channel shouldn't...

LMAO! I bet Justin Sucked REALLY bad at being an actor.. I think he should just stay as a Singer. I like him better as that.. and only that.

@LMAO! I bet Justin Sucked REALLY bad at being an actor.. I think he should just stay as a Singer. I like him better...

yeah. i think he has a good voice, but i don't like his songs, they're way too over-produced so his voice and lyrics are really cheesy. but watching his pre-fame youtube videos, just him singing without any effects added is really good.

Justin Bieber is a terrible actor, actually. I was watching one of his music videos to see what all the hype was about, and you could see his face changing expressions when he was supposed to look like he was feeling lonely. But Michael Jackson (no...I'm not comparing them) was an amazing actor. Like he single-handedly redeemed The Wiz, which was a pretty bad movie except for his performance.

Ah, that makes sense.

You see, I want to go in to the performing arts and although I prefer just acting, it's a major bonus if you can sing because it can get you a lot more parts.

I agree with your statement, and wording it that way makes it a lot clearer. I feel the OP should have worded it differently though, because most actors you will meet are NOT in Hollywood, and have to work their asses off building up as many talents as possible in order to land a job.

@monstrosity Ah, that makes sense. You see, I want to go in to the performing arts and although I prefer just acting, it's a...

yeah, you're probably right. i know acting's a tough job, but when most people think of it, they tend to think of the people i mentioned, not people trying to land jobs. but if you can really act AND really sing that's awesome, it's just annoying when people do one because they do the other and know you can make money even if they suck at it

@waddupoprah yeah, you're probably right. i know acting's a tough job, but when most people think of it, they tend to think of...

That's why I hate Hollywood. Everyone associates acting with those trashy, untalented attention whores.

More often do you see singers who are good actors than vice versa, though. Ice T, Tom Waits, Cher, Will Smith, Mark Wahlburg, Eminem, and Mariah Carey all began as singers and went on to makes some wonderful films.

As a general rule, yes, but there are always exceptions.

@As a general rule, yes, but there are always exceptions.

Why do you comment as anonymous? (Don't take this seriously If you don't have an account)

Moonlights avatar Moonlight Yeah You Are -4Reply

except if they're on Glee!!

kellbellss avatar kellbells Yeah You Are +3Reply
@kellbells except if they're on Glee!!

That... Is exactly what I was about to say.

@kellbells except if they're on Glee!!

And Broadway and the associated off-Broadway and the various productions in other cities. Which is where Lea Michele and Jon Groff came from, you know...

I absolutely agree with you!

Moonlights avatar Moonlight Yeah You Are +2Reply

But they all just say screw it and do it anyways
oh and Moonlight your a jackass

@TAST Her "a jackass"? What's her "a jackass"?

It took me a while to get your comment but all it led to was disappointment because it was trollish.

But, generally singers NEED to act, considering they have music videos to make. But, Disney should stop giving their singers shows and their actors recording contracts...it makes them seem more douchey than they already are...

Good thing Marky Mark can do both.

Maybe they want diversity, and more of this $$$.
Every one needs it.

@

That was the best video ever.

I'd vote down furiously, because Barbara, but I didn't, because fucken Disney.

What about musicals?

When referring to most celebrities, that may be the case, but most actors are decent singers, & singers can occasionally act. But when it comes to amateurs, there are so many talented actor/singers, so I'm going to disagree with this.

Yeah, except if that was a rule Will Smith would still be making barely passable bubblegum hip hop instead of being a much more awesome actor. So no, you fail.

420Grrl 0Reply