+280

Lance Armstrong is one of the most inspiring people to survive cancer, not cause he won a butt load of races, but because he never gave up on life. amirite?

Sports
0 9

If you regard his cycling success as irrelevant, then what makes him different than all other cancer survivors...?

@DanielJames If you regard his cycling success as irrelevant, then what makes him different than all other cancer survivors...?

I think what the OP is saying is that it's not the fact that he won so many races, it's the fact that he went out, raced, and didn't give up. Whether he won or not is irrelevant.

I disagree though. I wouldn't have been inspired by him if he lost.

@Rainbows I think what the OP is saying is that it's not the fact that he won so many races, it's the fact that he went out...

Oh, I agree - that's bullshit. Nobody would care about him if he didn't he actually win.

I'm pretty sick of people saying that cancer survivors never gave up on life, implying that those who died from it gave up. Cancer is an unforgiving disease and those who lost the battle are just as inspiring as those who won it.

Even with just one he still has bigger balls than ten ordinary men.

How much, exactly, is a butt load? And how much is it when converted to metrics?

1. No cancer patient is actually giving up on life, the disease just gets stronger than they are.
2. He isn't any different than ordinary people 'not giving up life', so everyone would be inspiring for you, wouldn't they?
The fact that he's famous doesn't make him that much more stronger.

Ok suuurrre. My momma did the same thing. A good friend of mine did the same thing. My gramma did the same thing. They just didn't write a fuckin book about it. He isn't an inspiration. Just a famous survivor.

too bad he took steroids