+401

Speakers are an amazing invention when you think about it. They can literally make any sound that has ever been recorded. They don't need drumsticks to make a drumming noise or an actual person for you to hear a voice. They seem like magic, amirite?

BreakfastFans avatar
3 18
The voters have decided that BreakfastFan is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

That's nothing, I have this box, that has loads of tiny lights, which can make any colour imaginable, usually loads of colours at once, to show me exactly what some people said and did in the past, because of invisible information it received from the sky.

Truuninjas avatar Truuninja Yeah You Are +4Reply

yo bro you high right now?

@yo bro you high right now?

that is exactly what I was going to ask haha.

Everything is magic if you are a dumb retard.

when i first read this, i thought it said sneakers..

They don't make sound, they amplify a sound that already exists.

@twisted_memories They don't make sound, they amplify a sound that already exists.

Explain. I always thought that they made vibrations that mimicked sounds.

BreakfastFans avatar BreakfastFan Yeah You Are 0Reply
@BreakfastFan Explain. I always thought that they made vibrations that mimicked sounds.

The sound is recorded and put through the speaker, the shape of the speaker causes the sound to come out louder. You can't play a sound on a speaker that doesn't already exist.

@twisted_memories The sound is recorded and put through the speaker, the shape of the speaker causes the sound to come out louder...

Then what actually makes the noise before it is put through the speakers? I know that it is stored in a recording, but if speakers only make sound louder, then what played the recording into the speakers?

@BreakfastFan Then what actually makes the noise before it is put through the speakers? I know that it is stored in a recording...

Sound waves. Sound is vibrations. The recording records the waves then puts the waves (or vibrations, as you said earlier) through the speaker. The point is, the vibrations already exist as a sound.

@twisted_memories Sound waves. Sound is vibrations. The recording records the waves then puts the waves (or vibrations, as you said...

Sorry if I come off as stupid, but what is used to play those soundwaves into the speaker itself? There seems to be a missing link here.

@twisted_memories The electronic cord that carries the waves to the speaker?

I don't think that we really understand each other. To me it still seems like speakers make the actual sound, even though it was recorded before.

BreakfastFans avatar BreakfastFan Yeah You Are +3Reply
@BreakfastFan I don't think that we really understand each other. To me it still seems like speakers make the actual sound, even...

Ok, the sound gets recorded then converted to data then the data gets converted back to sound in the speaker. The speaker makes the sound louder or quieter. It's the same sound, it's just been converted back and forth from sound to data to sound. The speaker doesn't make the sound. It converts the data back into sound. The sound already exists though.

Magnets- How do they work?

I think someone's got too much time on their hands.