+240

There are always hip-hop, country, & metal radio stations; but where are the punk stations? I want my Blink 182 & Fall Out Boy, damnit! amirite?

5 45

Ewwwwwww. That isn't punk. Try NoFX, Bad Religion, and Munincipal Waste if you want Punk

@littletank Don't forget The Distillers!

Get the 90s in - Distillers, Rancid, Anti-Flag, etc. - but don't forget the classics 77 Punk (X-Ray Spex, The Damned, Buzzcocks, Richard Hell, Dead Boys) and 80's (Subhumans, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag).

Come to think of it, if there were a punk station, they'd pretty much be able to cover a different sub-genre every night.

Simons avatar Simon No Way +3Reply
@1472275

Because everyone already knows The Clash, Ramones and Sex Pistols.

Simons avatar Simon No Way 0Reply
@1472280

Right, I'm gonna find some comment you made 5 months ago and find a flaw in it.

Simons avatar Simon No Way 0Reply

You know what's sad? If there was a Punk Rock station that was bigger than the average college rock station, it would be full of Fall Out Boy and such. Also, it would be sponsored by Starbucks.

"Ok duuuuuuudes, that was the latest Good Charlotte! Now, for our open discussion of the day - how unfair the parents that feed, clothe and shelter you are! Just ring in, guys, and the best answers will get a Hot Topic voucher!"

Simons avatar Simon No Way +17Reply
@659217

U mad.

I like both those bands, but I really hate that you called them punk.

DO NOT compare Fall Out Boy with Blink-182. I mean, I used to like FOB and all, but Blink-182 is legendary.

Blink-182 and Fall Out Boy are not punk.

not always metal stations...:(
but there are some..somewhere..

Gatesss747s avatar Gatesss747 Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Gatesss747 not always metal stations...:( but there are some..somewhere..

i was gonna say...
i don't get any metal stations around here:(

@guineasaurusrex i was gonna say... i don't get any metal stations around here:(

ikr, there is kerrang radio that i know of, but i dont get ity where i live, and there are metal channels on radio one, but at like midnight once a week or somethin :|

Gatesss747s avatar Gatesss747 Yeah You Are +3Reply

I love blink with a passion but FOB suck ass

So instead of calling the bands mentioned in this post crap (By your Taste) why don't you accept that OBVIOUSLY everyone isn't going to have the same taste in music as you, and that just because you don't think certain bands belong in a genre doesn't mean they aren't from said genre.

More like Pop Punk Rock, but yeah.

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are +4Reply

I knew before I even read the comments that there would be a dispute about whether those bands were punk.

Nobody cares that much. Jussayin'.

@I knew before I even read the comments that there would be a dispute about whether those bands were punk. Nobody...

Kinda reminds me of when I used to go on Neopets (yeah, I know, cringe).
Best way to troll: Make a post saying "Talk about My Chemical Romance and other goth bands!"

Simons avatar Simon No Way 0Reply

Blink182 is [pop]punk. But I'm not sure about FOB though

Listen to alt stations
http://www.q101.com/
Go.

steelerman113s avatar steelerman113 Yeah You Are +1Reply

are there any XM channels for punk stations? i recently got into this kind of music and i love it! (:

yasminls avatar yasminl Yeah You Are 0Reply

Love your name. My uncle calls me that all the time :D

Try pandora.com

They keep getting taken over by 90's pop stations. We have 3 in my area and all of a sudden all of them were gone.

Sqwanchos avatar Sqwancho Yeah You Are 0Reply

Thats not punk. Thats crap. The Ramones are punk. The Sex Pistols are punk. Not that crap

Th Misfits are classic punk