+839

English Language Arts: No, the characters aren't JUST eating soup, the soup represents the troubles we sometimes face in our life and eating the soup is a metaphor for how sometimes we just need to take in our troubles and let them pass by. The spoon and bowl most likely represent something too. amirite?

IAMSTORMs avatar
44 22
The voters have decided that IAMSTORM is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

And this is why it's so easy to bullshit English papers. You can make up crap and it can still be perfectly plausible.

EstoniaObsesseds avatar EstoniaObsessed Yeah You Are +29Reply

And the table and chair they are using represent the support their parents gave them

Demonturkys avatar Demonturky Yeah You Are +28Reply
@Demonturky And the table and chair they are using represent the support their parents gave them

And the person sitting in the chair is used to represent the hardships and stress brought on by society.

@ForeverAScone And the heat of the soup represents the burning desire...to eat soup...

The craving to to eat soup represent a hunger you secretly had since you were a child. When you walked in on your parents having a three-sum with your ugly-single neighbor. You have had a secret hunger of wanting incest sex ever since.

@jesse_james The craving to to eat soup represent a hunger you secretly had since you were a child. When you walked in on your...

The shallowness of their bowls represents the feeling they all have that there is something deeper in life.

And the glucose molecules in the soup represent the bond shared by the human race and food

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are +24Reply
@IAMSTORM Made. My. Day.

I was about to say that, but I thought my appreciation for their comment would have been better if I had continued the whole "And the _ represents _" thing going on, but I couldn't think of anything clever enough.

Prosopagnosias avatar Prosopagnosia Yeah You Are +3Reply

That's why I love Language Arts so much. ;_;

TicTacAddicts avatar TicTacAddict Yeah You Are +12Reply

Also there's probably some phallic imagery in there. You can turn practically anything into a penis

thx for allowing me to view stuff at this angle in english now lol

TalkingRices avatar TalkingRice Yeah You Are +7Reply

wow my mind has been blown....I think I'm gonna go have some soup

waffleloves avatar wafflelove Yeah You Are +7Reply

God I get this too much in English...

Next thing you know my alphabet soup is going to start spelling out Rush lyrics

Fattys avatar Fatty Yeah You Are +4Reply

AP lit has taught me to bullshit beyond measure. just like this.

Don't worry Fatty, you can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice...

english is a class of interpretation. Your ideas may be different than someone else's ideas on the story. That's the beauty of the subject.

Lkuns avatar Lkun No Way 0Reply

What flavor is the soup?

@I_Hate_Underscores What flavor is the soup?

Tomato, because the color red represents their anger at the world and their own struggles. It also represents their temptation to drink more soup.

@Prosopagnosia Tomato, because the color red represents their anger at the world and their own struggles. It also represents their...

@661701 (Prosopagnosia): It could also be blue (blueberry soup perhaps?), to represent the boring-ness and predictability of life.

IAMSTORMs avatar IAMSTORM Yeah You Are +2Reply
Anonymous