+290

It's stupid how people who do drugs try to justify it by saying they had a bad childhood. Plenty of people who've had hard lives don't do drugs. You don't snort oxy's cause your dad hits you. You do it cause you like being high. amirite?

Avettbrothersaregodss avatar
2 22
The voters have decided that Avettbrothersaregods is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

some people do use stuff as an escape though

I HAZ BAD LYF. LUTS MAYKE IT WURSE BY LOOOSING BRYN CELLS, YA?

c:

Being high rocks, i dont do hard shit. i just love weed sometimes, it makes the ending of a day much better

TheTall123s avatar TheTall123 Yeah You Are +3Reply

Some people do it cuz it feels good, and started as an escape from a life they hated.

I just smoke weed cus I like weed, my life is pretty good. fuck pills.

@I just smoke weed cus I like weed, my life is pretty good. fuck pills.

Yeah, forreal. It's about time people started admitting that. I like being high, that's the only reason I ever did it.

@Avettbrothersaregods Yeah, forreal. It's about time people started admitting that. I like being high, that's the only reason I ever did it.

yeah its silly when people use it as a 'crutch' although it is relaxing after a long stressful day

@yeah its silly when people use it as a 'crutch' although it is relaxing after a long stressful day

yeah. i'm talking more about hard drugs and stuff that puts people in rehab. its always the same sob story, "i do drugs cause my shit got repo-ed when i was nine, blah blah blah". its like, stfu.

My father (his entire family side included) ditched me for 6 years. My mother does a lot of drugs so in turn she dates these loser douche's. The father of my first 2 brothers was married to her for 8 years, and as cliche as it sounds he beat the fuck out of me. Her most recent one (the father of my brother who was born with meth in his system, which in turn got her in rehab for my birthday) was shot in the head over crack. He now can't move and has to relearn everything, even though he will probably barely be able to write with a pencil. I smoke weed not due to any of this, but because it lets me truly enjoy the gift of life, which in modern society is getting more and more difficult. For the record im 13 so don't give bullshit about how i can't get a job (its the internet, and even though i say that i GUARANTEE someone will say something like that)

This post is pretty judgy. You don't know a person. Often stories are similar but everyone's reasons are different. A person I'm very very close to is an alcoholic, heroin addict and has abused every single drug out there. From pills, weed, lsd, ecstasy, you name it, he's done it in excess. His father would beat him, his brother, and his mother. His brother, who was his best friend, died in a car accident. He has been homeless, been raped, lost numerous friends to violent acts. Sure, he liked being high, but he was physically and mentally addicted and used drugs and alcohol to cope. Don't judge until you know someone. This person is my best friend, and he's been clean and sober for a year now, but believe me it was SO much more than just enjoying being high.

Sorry but sometimes the real pressures of life take a little more than a nap and a fucking hot tub. I wasn't abused, raped, addicted or any of that shit, but I've seen drugs ruin, and I mean RUIN peoples lives, but sometimes life sucks so bad that you want to numb the pain. One thing that sucks is I think people fail to remember that everything they feel is all in their head. They have the power to change everything but some people don't know how to utilize it, and for a while that was me. I understand drugs, and I love and hate them.

My childhood was amazing, my life is the best. You're right I like being high.

Also, as a former pothead and a recovering alcoholic myself, it became soo much more than just enjoying it. It ruined my life, but I kept doing it? I understand weed is a pussy drug, but it destroyed my family relationships, I lost friends, and at the end of my smoking and drinking, I hated it; however, I kept going? Pretty sick to think about it now.

Look, I don't think i'm superior or anything to people who do drugs.
but when people let it affect their life, and lose their homes and kids and everything, you can't justify it by saying you had a bad childhood or something. I feel HORRIBLE for people who have gone through things, I know the world is a terrible place. but I mean people who just started drugs just because they were curious, not because they need an escape. It makes me sick when people fuck up their lives, and then CONVENIENTLY have a sob story to make themselves look like they're not at fault. I'm just saying, it's your own conscious decision to do drugs, whether or not your life is tough.

Ok I am not going to reply to each and every one of you. I never said I was a drug specialist or that every situation was the same. I was stating my opinion, and my opinion only, not an article from some scientific journal. And yes, I have friends that were addicted to drugs. Just because it numbs the pain it doesn't fix your problems. (In MY opinion) like I said, I was not trying to be judgemental, if you are going to assume I think I'm always right, then whatever. But I don't. Sorry for any emotional turmoil I have caused. I was not personally attacking anyone, but I guess it's just inevetible that people will.

floofys avatar floofy Yeah You Are -1Reply

Is this amirite or a fucking intervention??

Samiras avatar Samira Yeah You Are -1Reply

For those saying that some use it for "an escape" you should realize that there are PLENTY of other things they could to to deal with their "horrible stressful lives." They could go for a dip in the hottub, eat some ice cream, listen to music, take a nap, have a bubblebath, meditate. The list goes on, and there' s no liable excuse for weed except for medical reasons. You can relieve your "stress" in healthy ways that are risk free. I have friends that have stopped using drugs, and they seem a lot happier. I am not trying to criticize, only trying to give insight and help. But still haters gonna hate!

floofys avatar floofy Yeah You Are -2Reply
@floofy For those saying that some use it for "an escape" you should realize that there are PLENTY of other things they...

Don't judge people until you've been in their shoes. If you've never had a serious problem with addiction then you won't understand how easy it is to have and need a crutch. Most addicts are triggered by a very emotional event and turn to drugs in order to cope and bury their feelings. Back off of people and things that you think you are right about. You're not. You need to educate yourself more in the studies of and lives of addicts. This is coming from an addictions specialist!

lol because ice cream is so healthy? Some people just like weed, chill the fuck out. :)

I'm sorry your life is perfect and you have no idea what it's like to be in a mental situation where you'll do anything just to get away from everything, if only for a little bit. I've never stoned, and my life is pretty good, but you guys needa be a little more understanding.