+431

You're going to wear purple on October 20th to commemorate the suicides caused by homophobia, amirite?

lecornergirls avatar Relationships
17 219
The voters have decided that lecornergirl is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Homosexuality is NOT, nor will it ever be a choice!

I would if I had purple. The whole issue should be ignored though, homosexuality should not have its own culture, instead it should be intergrated into general society.

@amiwriter I would if I had purple. The whole issue should be ignored though, homosexuality should not have its own culture...

Ignoring the fact that teenagers are committing suicide because of bullying, regardless of the type, is only going to destroy us.

Lovelyritas avatar Lovelyrita Yeah You Are +2Reply

I love how phil the minion knows he was proved wrong and stopped ommenting

an0nym0uss avatar an0nym0us Yeah You Are +13Reply

i really hate when people gay-bash. im straight but i have friends that arent, and honestly who cares about sexual orientation? it doesnt affect you. when my friend told me she was bi, i was just like 'oh. okay.' i havent thought of her or treated her any differently, cuz its the same person. homosexuality is not a bad thing, and you cant control it. its a 'sin'? okay, so you want them to pretend to be straight and basically lie about themselves to everyone they know? last time i checked lying is a 'sin' too. the bible is outdated and contradicts itself and can just be downright ridiculous. im 15 and was raised a christian, but its this kind of stuff that is making me lean towards atheism.

@i really hate when people gay-bash. im straight but i have friends that arent, and honestly who cares about sexual...

The way I look at it, being gay is not a sin. Doing gay things however, is a sin. I think that if you are gay, God isn't calling you to live a married life, or a coupled life.

I believe that the Bible was a set of guidelines. If he wanted us to follow exactly he wouldn't have given us free-will. Some of us want to follow the bible to the letters, others want to do there own things. But at the end of the day, we'll go to heaven or hell depending on how good of a person we've been.
Cause otherwise that would mean God (who apparently loves us all) would be putting great people, who have been kind and well meaning their whole lives, just because they're attracted to someone the same sex as them.
And to be quite honest, I don't want to believe in a God that does that to innocent people...x

@I believe that the Bible was a set of guidelines. If he wanted us to follow exactly he wouldn't have given us...

(Tonks :D xx): Really don't want to start an argument here, but just so you know, the reason it's special when people decide to follow the Bible is because even though they have free will, they've made the decision to follow Christ. Also, if anyone is sent to hell, it's because of themselves. But I won't judge who is going and who isn't. It's not up to me.

Of course I am.
I'm thinking about talking to the school counselor or the dean of students and ask if they could include this in the school announcements beforehand so as many people as possible in my school can actually be aware of how homophobia is a big deal.

Clay_s avatar Clay_ Yeah You Are +10Reply

I may not be gay, but that doesn't mean I won't support them. Plus, people that do not suppoort them, have you ever actually talked to a gay male? The majority are incredibly sweet and would not harm a fly. I hope you have other valid reasons to hate on them because how they act should certainly not be one.

I'll wear it if I remember.
Those poor kids...

AngelIllusionss avatar AngelIllusions Yeah You Are +7Reply
@AngelIllusions I'll wear it if I remember. Those poor kids...

Exactly. This isn't about whether you support gay rights or not (okay, so it kinda is...), but about whether you support people's right to live and love as they will.

lecornergirls avatar lecornergirl Yeah You Are +7Reply
@lecornergirl Exactly. This isn't about whether you support gay rights or not (okay, so it kinda is...), but about whether you...

I support both x)
(Also, Phil_The_Minion is only annoying when he's arguing. He's not that bad when you come to an agreement. But getting there takes a while...)

AngelIllusionss avatar AngelIllusions Yeah You Are +1Reply
@AngelIllusions I support both x) (Also, Phil_The_Minion is only annoying when he's arguing. He's not that bad when you come to an...

Really? Because right now, to me, he seems like an ignorant jerk with a tendency to contradict himself.

lecornergirls avatar lecornergirl Yeah You Are +3Reply
@AngelIllusions You just hafta know how to communicate. He's actually quite interesting.

Okay then... I'll take your word for it - I know that if I were him, I wouldn't want to talk to me right now :P

lecornergirls avatar lecornergirl Yeah You Are 0Reply
@lecornergirl Okay then... I'll take your word for it - I know that if I were him, I wouldn't want to talk to me right now :P

I don't think I'd want to talk to you either,
But I'm not him.

Now I just gotta think of a way to remind myself on Oct. 20th...

AngelIllusionss avatar AngelIllusions Yeah You Are 0Reply
@lecornergirl Put it in your phone? Like, the calender?

Good idea.
Wish I had the sense to think of that...

@lecornergirl Well, it took me a couple of hours :D

I probably would't have even thought of it.
I probably would have ended up writing it on my hand everyday until the 20th..

@AngelIllusions I probably would't have even thought of it. I probably would have ended up writing it on my hand everyday until the...

... I'm banned from writing anything on my hand ever since I covered my entire left arm in Harry Potter quotes :P

lecornergirls avatar lecornergirl Yeah You Are +4Reply
@lecornergirl ... I'm banned from writing anything on my hand ever since I covered my entire left arm in Harry Potter quotes :P

Pshh.
If I were your parent, I would be like, "LET ME READ YOUR ARM!! :D"
and then high five you or something

AngelIllusionss avatar AngelIllusions Yeah You Are +3Reply
@AngelIllusions Pshh. If I were your parent, I would be like, "LET ME READ YOUR ARM!! :D" and then high five you or something

... sadly, that's kinda the opposite of what they did. They claim it makes me look stupid...?
BUT they gave me permission to write on my old jeans :D

lecornergirls avatar lecornergirl Yeah You Are +1Reply
@lecornergirl sadly, that's kinda the opposite of what they did. They claim it makes me look stupid...? BUT they gave me...

I don't think its stupid...

I'd be murdered for writing on my jeans.
How funny is that?
So i found a way around it.
Write on masking tape and tape it to your pants
x)

@AngelIllusions I don't think its stupid... I'd be murdered for writing on my jeans. How funny is that? So i found a way around...

Yayz :D but I just got two new pairs, which is why mum grudgingly sanctioned writing on the old ones y smilie but then again I did threaten to put it all back on my arm if she didn't...
also, do you mind if I go now? because it's one am here and I need to get up at 6:45 :D

I'm all for wearing some purple. Kids in my school are bullied to the point of suicide if they are gay, several have made attempts, and one has died. It never should go that far. ;(

track_stars avatar track_star Yeah You Are +7Reply

Yea, you are definetely born gay.
Think about it this way: why would anyone choose to live a life full of ridicule, mocking, and an overall unaccepting society that looks down on gays so much that some even kill themselves?
They wouldn't.

wishfulthinkings avatar wishfulthinking Yeah You Are +6Reply

(lucius_malloy): you are officially my hero. What you have said is completely true, being gay or bi is NOT a choice, nor is it a bad thing! I have an idea about why people are so ignorant though, it's because they are scared of change and immediately reject an idea that is unfamiliar to them because they are afraid of what happens next. Also, whatever happened to God loving everyone and being accepting? I'm not opposed to the idea of religion I'm just opposed to morons twisting words around in order to hide behind them. The fact that someone is gay does not change who they are as a moral person, it just means that they might not be attracted to the people you are attracted to. Homophobia is killing people everywhere, and it needs to stop.

doctorwhotardiss avatar doctorwhotardis Yeah You Are +6Reply

Can't. Uniform school.
But I definitely am for the cause.

@xxsandyy Can't. Uniform school. But I definitely am for the cause.

Wear a purple head band and tell them to go fuck themselves because your standing up for your rights :D

Okay, I'm Catholic. A pretty devout Catholic too. But it's occured to me that God didn't write the Bible. Humans did. Humans influenced by the ideas of their time and society. And personally I find it much more likely that God would say "Love your neighbors" rather than "Hate on gays". So even if it's not exactly what the Church teaches, I'm all for gay rights, and Catholics (or Christians, really) who aren't need to do a little rereading of Jesus' teachings.

I don't own any purple clothes, nor would I be allowed to wear them (uniform), but is purple nail polish close enough?

Okay, look: here's the deal: I do not give a damn what any 'Christian' idiot says. In my opinion, of the actual main points of the Bible is the quote I posted earlier, the Golden Rule (Matt. 22: 36-38).
I'm going to wear purple and be proud on October 2Oth, because everyone deserves to live and love as they will. Of course, that also means you're free to hate whomever you want. But frankly, Phil_The_Minion, you're being a jerk about it.
Oh, and if any of you care, I'm a straight, Christian girl. Not that it matters - we're all human.

It breaks my heart that they had to be put through that, and it was so bad that it drove them that far :(

fatimas avatar fatima Yeah You Are +3Reply

my older brother killed himself...he never even told us he was gay...He turned to the worst person he could have. The priest said it was wrong and a sin and when he killed himself told our family that, that was a sin too.

@my older brother killed himself...he never even told us he was gay...He turned to the worst person he could have...

I'm so sorry for you. That's horrible. Do not listen to the priest, he was who he was, it wasn't a sin, he shouldn't have been made to feel like that.

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +3Reply

You guys realize that the "homosexuality is a sin" thing is in 1 Corinthians and not the old testament, so this whole slave debate and crap is pointless.

@You guys realize that the "homosexuality is a sin" thing is in 1 Corinthians and not the old testament, so this...

Some things in the new testament are still obsolete. And if it wasn't in the old testament, why did it have to be included in the new testament? Why can't the view of homosexuality change like those of the slaves and women getting their periods? I can't believe that if God existed, he'd banish someone to Hell for being with who they loved. The Bible talks about sinning and morality, but where's the morality in that?

um.. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's in Leviticus. But I could be wrong, I haven't read the Bible cover-to-cover.

Can we all just agree the Phil kid doesn't know what the hell he's talking about?

@Can we all just agree the Phil kid doesn't know what the hell he's talking about?

yes. Yes we can.
And if we wanna get technical, neither does that "lord of the straight" guy.

lecornergirls avatar lecornergirl Yeah You Are +2Reply

does no one seem to remember the first amendment in the bill of rights? freedom of religion and freedom FROM religion.
the united states has promised us these rights, and yet people that are against gay rights can only seem to come up with the argument that it is against the bible. believe what you want, but here in america everyone should be treated equally and this so called god that a portion of our country believes in should not have complete control over the lives of so many, especially when its based on writings written by power-seeking corrupt rulers thousands of years ago.

lucybabyyxx33s avatar lucybabyyxx33 Yeah You Are +3Reply

Everyone stop with the debates about homosexuality. This is about a right to life. Nobody should die because of another person. Nobody.

@lecornergirl Thank you.

You are very welcome. I'm really getting dissappointed in how people's views on life are so negative. There's something just not right with nto caring if someone dies, no matter what they've done.

One of those suicides was my cousin, and it breaks my heart to see that a day to commemorate it is necessary, but it gives me so much hope that there is such great love and support towards them.

RIP Dan and every victim of bullying.

Is purple supposed to be a gay colour? I love purple!

@shorkian Is purple supposed to be a gay colour? I love purple!

No, it's just associated with the LGBT community as a pride color.
That doesn't make it a gay color.

Clay_s avatar Clay_ Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Clay_ No, it's just associated with the LGBT community as a pride color. That doesn't make it a gay color.

Really? I guess it makes sense, but I've only ever heard of pink and rainbows. So yeah, I'll do the thing, if I can find a purple shirt.

@shorkian Really? I guess it makes sense, but I've only ever heard of pink and rainbows. So yeah, I'll do the thing, if I can...

No, purple is one too. Inverted pink triangles do indicated pride though, after German concentration camps branded homosexuals with an upright pink triangle.

Clay_s avatar Clay_ Yeah You Are 0Reply

annnddd you can of course still love the color, even if it's a "gay" color.

craazys avatar craazy Yeah You Are +1Reply

On the rainbow, the color purple, in terms of gay pride, stands for Spirit. So technically...it is a "gay color".

Well imma just throw my 2 cents in here. I'm not christian but the bible DOES say that 1/10 of his creation will be gay. And also, the homo thing was a sin thing was in the old testiment. If you follow that then you would still be sacrificing goats and owning slaves. So.....yea.

Seths avatar Seth No Way +1Reply

I'll proabably forget to wear purple, but I wear purple almost everyday because it's awesome so I might.

PS. just read some of the above comments. That post represents real hurt, pain and death. It just sounds like you people want to get in a religous debate. I think its a great idea. There can be no doubt that my brother would be alive today if it wasnt for anti-gay sentiment. Fuck i hate conservative religous jerks.

Well, you know they say everybody has their own God, and mine Christian God has always been "she". I'm not a christian, though. I left the church about a week ago, because I don't believe what they are teaching.

And Malloy, don't be so furious, he is never going to really kill me :D

Such a beautiful event in respectful memory of the dead turning into a fest of "I'm right and gays are all sinners baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw." I'm sorry this has to happen on all posts like this.

On a happier note, I'm definitely for honoring the memory of those who felt they had no way out of persecution. It's terrible, and nobody in any situation, be they gay, straight, black, or martian, should ever feel that they need to commit suicide as an escape.

PirateQueens avatar PirateQueen Yeah You Are +1Reply

I go to a uniform school, but I'll try. Maybe I can write on my hand in purple or something.

Looks like I'm going to have to buy something purple

thePretenders avatar thePretender Yeah You Are +1Reply

Talking about the incident in Houston btw.

The one in Houston at Hamilton middle school.

@mhch720 The one in Houston at Hamilton middle school.

Oh okay, when did it happen? I feel so out of the loop right now :/

Two weeks ago from today

@mhch720 Two weeks ago from today

Okay, thanks for filling me in.

I would if I owned purple. Unfortunately I dont. =[

@sestrada16 I would if I owned purple. Unfortunately I dont. =[

Purple is the manliest color, your wardrobe is missing out.

@wobbuffet Purple is the manliest color, your wardrobe is missing out.

I know sadly I'm poor and can only afford hanes under shirts. I wear two of them to make it look like a real shirt

*people

Merlin, some people need to realise when they're past debating and well into the shady regions of making a fool of oneself.

Do i get bonus points for having already worn purple?

OH MY GOD!!! SHUT UP EVERYBODY!!! LET PEOPLE BE WHO THEY ARE AND BE DONE WITH IT!! STOP ARGUING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T AFFECT YOU!

@BassClarinetist OH MY GOD!!! SHUT UP EVERYBODY!!! LET PEOPLE BE WHO THEY ARE AND BE DONE WITH IT!! STOP ARGUING ABOUT SOMETHING...

I think you got the point...
Just let people be who they are, but we have to respect the opinions of others. You may think homosexuality is a sin, but you don't need to express these opinions. The same is true vice versa.

and what if it does effect us becaus we are gay? i think we should have the right to stand up for ourselves.

@644723

Right, you just crossed the line. Majorly. Have you ever heard of that? The line, I mean? Because if you look over your shoulder, you may just see a sliver of it in the background.

You had better hope I never meet you in real life, because if I do, I will kill you. Nobody tells my friends to go die, got it? GOT IT?

Maybe if there weren't fucking disgusting ignorant idiots in the world people wouldn't feel the need to take themselves out of it. People saying that gay people are going to hell used to piss me off to no end. But I know they aren't going to hell. So now it doesn't make me mad. It makes me feel sorry for people who are narrowminded enough to believe that being gay is a choice. Oh and by the way if you've ever done any actual research there is evidence that it isn't a choice, because pheromones of homosexual males will cause an activation in the hypothalamus extremely similar to the activation seen in heterosexual women. Heterosexual men have an opposite reaction. It's a chemical reaction in the BRAIN that is caused by a persons preference to certain odors.

Well now I am :) Thnx!

Yeah, let's completely disregard those who committed suicide due to other reasons. People who don't value and appreciate life enough as to commit suicide because of homophobes do not deserve life in the first place.

Guys, the news pretty much f'ed up the whole story, and perezhilton did too. The school that the kid went to is in my school district, and we had like a whole day assembly about bullying and it's effects. The parents don't even know hat they're talking about. The only people who truly know what went down was the kid who killed himself and the bullies and their peers, none of which has spoken out on the subject. It was basically general bullying until a few days he killed himself, then it got a little out of hand when they took his books and threw then on the ground and tripped him down the stairs, like for real guys, I doubt that the 'bully' meant for him to actually fall down the stairs. He was just insecure about being being gay. Which doesn't really make sense because gays ar usually like happy and outgoing:/ but I think be shouldve talked p his parents about it instead of committing suicide.

@mhch720 Guys, the news pretty much f'ed up the whole story, and perezhilton did too. The school that the kid went to is in...

I'm not surprised about most of that but most gay people are insecure about it because a lot of people hate people for being gay. I only know one girl who is gay that is outgoing and happy. The other girl and guy I know who are gay don't talk about it and get very insecure.
Happy and outgoing for gay is mostly a stereotype.

And he also just told his step dad about his homosexuality the day before he commuted suicide, and he never actually told him he was getting seriously bullied. IMO it was the kids fault, an 8th grader should know how to handle a situation by talking to someone, especially after they tripped him down the stairs. He just handled it the worst possible way. But then again he was a insecure preteen, so I understand why he couldn't have handled it the right way as well.

Yet making that statement negates itself. Moron. Gay and stupid. Worst possible combo, hell has a deep section reserved for your kind. Terrorists, mass-murderers and suicide victims are in a better place in hell than you'll ever be. Braindead lesbian.

It's not amusing that you find yourself witty and/or funny. You are niether, and God has already damned both of your parents to an eternity of suffering and torture for concieving you. You are an embarassment to anything that can put two words together. Not even your gays like you, and they're more useless than frozen piss pops in the south pole during its winter. That says little of you. Then again, your mentally-restricted clustershit ramblings don't help either.

@lecornergirl I'm beginning to think you're gay and in denial.

I agree. Or just an ass for trying to make a really bad joke that will stir up drama.

The only reason that gay kid commited suicide, is because he was insecure. It your secure in who you are, you don't care what others think about you. He was most likely insecure because deep down he knew being gay was wrong.

@Amish_Allosaurus The only reason that gay kid commited suicide, is because he was insecure. It your secure in who you are, you don't...

My cousin was one of those kids. You have NO right to say that they were insecure. You have absolutely no idea what those kids faced every single day, and everything else that may have been going on in their life. I'm Christian, and I love God and I believe the Bible is true, but I disagree with its standpoint on homosexuality. We absolutely need to love everyone regardless of any circumstances whatsoever, and I think that is more important than the "wrong" committed by being gay.

Sinners that are alive can change their ways. Sinners that are dead because of other sinner's hate are gone forever.

@My cousin was one of those kids. You have NO right to say that they were insecure. You have absolutely no idea what...

I never said that I hate gay people. I love everyone on earth (believe it or not) but that doesn't make it ok to be gay.

@Amish_Allosaurus I never said that I hate gay people. I love everyone on earth (believe it or not) but that doesn't make it ok to be gay.

Phil, you know what? Stop. Just stop.
Repeating the same, self-contradicting points over and over again isn't going to recruit any more people to your messed-up way of thinking. Let people grieve and honour their dead in peace.

@lecornergirl Phil, you know what? Stop. Just stop. Repeating the same, self-contradicting points over and over again isn't...

I never said I wouldn't, I didn't say "I'm going to wear a 'God hates gay people' shirt" which He doesn't. And it's not a messed up way of thinking.

@Amish_Allosaurus I never said I wouldn't, I didn't say "I'm going to wear a 'God hates gay people' shirt" which He doesn't. And it's...

in fact, you did say you wouldn't: the fact that your comment (and all your million other comments) are red proves it.
and hating people because of the way they were born is messed up.

@Amish_Allosaurus I said I wouldn't let them grieve in peace? Where did I say that? I never said I hate them!

Dude, you don't exactly come off as too sorry about it. Just let gay people be. I think I speak for all of us when I ask if you could please keep your opinion to yourself.

@shelbyam118 Dude, you don't exactly come off as too sorry about it. Just let gay people be. I think I speak for all of us when...

It's not an oppinion! The God of the universe said it is wrong, and I'm obeying him, not men. If you don't like what the Bible says, take it up with God, He wrote it.

@lecornergirl DUDE. God didn't write the Bible. You of all people should know that.

Yes he did. If somebody writes a book, but the dictate to someone else, and they type it, who wrote the book. That's write, the person who dictated.

@Amish_Allosaurus Yes he did. If somebody writes a book, but the dictate to someone else, and they type it, who wrote the book...

GOD DID NOT WRITE THE FREAKING BIBLE.
God made miracles, and people wrote down THEIR OWN ACCOUNTS OF WHAT HAPPENED.

@Amish_Allosaurus No, he told them what to write.

The Bible was written by humans. Some was written by Apostles, other parts by prophets, and different people helped as well. God Himself did not write it, nor is it His exact words. It's people's accounts of things God did.

No, he didn't.
Otherwise we wouldn't have four different versions of the Gospel, now would we?

@lecornergirl No, he didn't. Otherwise we wouldn't have four different versions of the Gospel, now would we?

The Bible says that the Bible is God breathed. That means it came from his mouth.

@Amish_Allosaurus The Bible says that the Bible is God breathed. That means it came from his mouth.

Yes, and in my Harry Potter book, it says I can wave a stick, say 'Wingardium Leviosa' and make people fly around. That doesn't make it true for everyone though. Some believe it yet some don't. The fact you won't even LISTEN to what anyone else is saying is in a way, you forcing your thoughts and opinions of the Bible and how it was 'truely' written down others throats.

@Amish_Allosaurus It's not an oppinion! The God of the universe said it is wrong, and I'm obeying him, not men. If you don't like...

Lile it or not, lots of people don't view the Bible as fact. I'm not saying I don't, but it is what it is. What I'm saying is that it's not necessary to just constantly point out a statement from the Bible. If we want to live gay, you don't need to point out that the Binle is against it. That may or may by be true, depending on others' beliefs. And dude, even if you believe with all your heart in the Bible doesn't mean others do.

Thats not true. People can have so much confidence...but if they are continuously ridiculed, put down, made to feel worthless, and are told to kill themselves...that confidence slowly decreases until there is nothing left. Just because YOU believe that being gay is wrong doesnt mean it actually is. There are PLENTY of people who are devout to being Catholic and Christian who support gay rights as well and will be wearing purple because they know that "god" claimed to love everyone and created everyone differently. And if you think about it...how long ago was the Bible written? Times and views have changed SIGNIFICANTLY since then, and "god" didnt actually write the Bible itself...its a collection of influences and words based on ideas and principles. As with everything, stuff like that changes and evolves over time. And hey, Jesus had two dads...he turned out alright.

You're so narrow in thought any ideas or thoughts you have travel single file. And most, if not all, is shit so stupid the world would be an infinitely better place if you didnt say it.

You're probably ugly also.

If I were a queer, I'd hang myself. You're queer, hang yourself.

@You're so narrow in thought any ideas or thoughts you have travel single file. And most, if not all, is shit so...

Im sorry but this malloy person is my friend and i have to say that i agree perfectly what she's saying. If you don't have anything wise to say you can be quiet. If you think that god created all in this world, you have also think that she created gays also.

And im ugly and im proud of it.

@Im sorry but this malloy person is my friend and i have to say that i agree perfectly what she's saying. If you...

I absolutely love that you said "she". Im not religious, and I do not believe in god, no offense to anybody on here, but if I WERE religious, god would definitely be a she.

What the fuck dude? Let's try loving our neighbors, hmm? Unless you're a bridge-dweller, in which case, you're doing an excellent job of upsetting people.

PirateQueens avatar PirateQueen Yeah You Are +3Reply

your a self rightiouse, self loving, biggest walking example of hippcrasy I have ever had the displeasure of conning on contact with. You talk hig land mighty of yourself, judging everyone else, by you never stop to look at yourself and see what's wrong in your life. If your so wise in the way of God and the Bible, then remember this quote that Jesus said. A women was going to be stoned to death to atone for her sins. Jesus intervined and tol them "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." This doesn't mean that people should try to be perfect so as to judge others, but that only the son, the father, and the holy spirit are righteous enough to pass judgment on people. Btw you should check out godhatesamerica.com, you'd fit right in

That malfoy guy is one of the gayest kids I have EVER seen in my life. It (not a he or a she, gays dont deserve a title) should have it's hands and feet chopped off and have to crawl in boiling salt water through barbed wire and then beaten with a 50 pound mallet.

Bitch

MORE queers need to die. Each and every last one, which includes all you homo loving faggots. Die and burn in the lowest depths of hell, creatures.

@MORE queers need to die. Each and every last one, which includes all you homo loving faggots. Die and burn in the...

Fuck you asshole. How about all straight people need to go die? How do you like that? You are an ignorant immature dick who should leave comments as such to themselves. You are pathetic and by saying such things, it proves society is going to shit because people dont know how openly accept others that are different from them, and it makes YOU look stupid.

HEY! LETS BITCH! Its sad that they died, but its a choice. Suicide is selfish, being gay isn't wrong but its a choice. The end. Don't flame.

@ThePieRow HEY! LETS BITCH! Its sad that they died, but its a choice. Suicide is selfish, being gay isn't wrong but its a...

It is not a choice. If you feel so disgusted with the thought of being with someone of the opposite sex, you can't change that and you really believe people want to feel the hatred of people who are homophobic? Homophobia is a CHOICE, being gay ISN'T.
Yes suicide is selfish in the eyes of other people but are you suppose to live the life other people want or live the life you want OR do not want? People who want to die/commit suicide do think about how badly they will hurt people and feel bad for it but the pain they feel is more then they can handle. Besides, if being selfish is wrong, then 90% of the world is wrong.
My thoughts, and opinions and I'm entitled to them.

Yes, committing suicide was the wrong choice. But the rest of us can't bash them and call them selfish when we weren't the ones dealing with the problems they faced. I felt that suicide was selfish too, until someone I loved dearly committed suicide. I had no idea what pain they were going through until I had to be the one to find the note.

I'm not gonna celebrate something that the Bible clearly states is a sin.

@Amish_Allosaurus I'm not gonna celebrate something that the Bible clearly states is a sin.

Not this crap again...
And anyway, it's not exactly celebrating homosexuality. More like every single person's right to live.

lecornergirls avatar lecornergirl Yeah You Are +43Reply
@ASWCC now one told them to kill themselves

Except the people who bullied them, told them they didn't deserve to live and to kill themselves.

lecornergirls avatar lecornergirl Yeah You Are +38Reply
@ASWCC if someone told you to jump off a bridge would you do it?...oh wait

No, I wouldn't. But if someone made my life absolutely miserable for years and years and years, and then told me to jump off a bridge, I might actually do it.

lecornergirls avatar lecornergirl Yeah You Are +36Reply
@Amish_Allosaurus Yes, everyone has a right to live, but not to sin.

Have you ever considered the fact that seeing as the Bible was written approximately 2OOO years ago, it's not meant to be taken literally, word for word? That times change, and people change, and customs change?
And anyway, it's not like you're not a sinner. Does that mean I can bully you to the verge of suicide, until eventually you do end up killing yourself, and people will say 'Oh, it doesn't matter, he was a sinner. Let's not remember him or celebrate his life, he doesn't deserve it.'?

lecornergirls avatar lecornergirl Yeah You Are +34Reply
@lecornergirl Have you ever considered the fact that seeing as the Bible was written approximately 2OOO years ago, it's not meant...

Exactly. Agreed. People who read the bible are supposed to read contextually and weave together the entire
situation not read literally and take every word as it is

It may have been written 2000 years ago, but God never changes, and God wrote the Bible (well, he told the people what to write) And it is meant to be taken literally. I know I'm a sinner too, but I don't keep on sinning without repenting. And yes, I'm sorry that he killed himself, but I'm not going to celebrate his life if he was gay. also, if you want to celebrate his life, wear pink, not purple... its ,more gay.

@Amish_Allosaurus It may have been written 2000 years ago, but God never changes, and God wrote the Bible (well, he told the people...

Okay, point one: I don't want to get into a was not/was too argument, but the Bible was not meant to be taken literally. It was meant to be a set of guidelines, which means they too are susceptible to change. If the Bible were taken literally, women on their period wouldn't be able to go to church.
Point two: it's purple, because purple represents spirit on the LBGTQ flag.
Point three: I thought it was God's job to judge people, and not yours?

lecornergirls avatar lecornergirl Yeah You Are +22Reply
@lecornergirl Okay, point one: I don't want to get into a was not/was too argument, but the Bible was not meant to be taken...

Point 1: God never changes, so the Bible never changes. Point 2: I thing you meant it's purple, because purple represents spirit on the LBGTQ fags" Point 3: I'm not judging, I'm just saying, being gay is a sin, and if your gay, you will go to hell.

@Amish_Allosaurus Point 1: God never changes, so the Bible never changes. Point 2: I thing you meant it's purple, because purple...

So you think women on their periods aren't allowed to go to church?
And your point two disgusts me. Gay people may be sinners, but you're just a grammatically incorrect jerk.

lecornergirls avatar lecornergirl Yeah You Are +20Reply
@lecornergirl So you think women on their periods aren't allowed to go to church? And your point two disgusts me. Gay people...

Ok, so being grammatically incorrect is worse than sinning against the creator of the universe. OK...

@Amish_Allosaurus Ok, so being grammatically incorrect is worse than sinning against the creator of the universe. OK...

Did I say that? Nope. I said you're a jerk.
Also: you consider yourself a good Christian? Well, there's this little thing called the Golden Rule. You know:
"You must love the Lord, your God with all your heart, all your mind and all your soul. This is your first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: love your neighbour like yourself.
-- Matt. 22: 36-38, I believe it was?

@lecornergirl Did I say that? Nope. I said you're a jerk. Also: you consider yourself a good Christian? Well, there's this...

Who said I hate gay people? And yes, a real Chritian believe being gay is a sin. Love the sinner, hate the sin.

@Amish_Allosaurus Who said I hate gay people? And yes, a real Chritian believe being gay is a sin. Love the sinner, hate the sin.

Love the sinner, but refuse to commemorate their life?
Sounds kinda controversial to me.

@lecornergirl Love the sinner, but refuse to commemorate their life? Sounds kinda controversial to me.

I'm just saying I'm not going commerate the life of gay person, because it gives the idea that I support gay rights.

@Amish_Allosaurus I'm just saying I'm not going commerate the life of gay person, because it gives the idea that I support gay rights.

And that's such a bad thing? Lots of gay people say that if they had a choice, they would be straight, just to avoid all the hate and stuff. I think that makes people like you pathetic, because you're making people hate themselves for something that often isn't even their choice. It's not like you can just choose to be attracted to only people of the opposite sex.
And anyway: whatever way you try and spin
it, God created homosexuality. Why can't He just deal with it? We're all humans here.

lecornergirls avatar lecornergirl Yeah You Are +15Reply
@lecornergirl And that's such a bad thing? Lots of gay people say that if they had a choice, they would be straight, just to...

yes, it is a bad thing, being gay is a choice, God didn't create homosexuality, I can't make someone hate themselves, they hate themselves because of them. I could, but I'm not perverted. I can't deal with it, because, God said it was a sin.

@Amish_Allosaurus yes, it is a bad thing, being gay is a choice, God didn't create homosexuality, I can't make someone hate...

So let me get this straight: did He or did He not create the universe and everything in it?
And honestly, for a lot of people, being gay or bi isn't a choice. Can you control who you're attracted to?
I thought as much.

lecornergirls avatar lecornergirl Yeah You Are +11Reply
@lecornergirl So let me get this straight: did He or did He not create the universe and everything in it? And honestly, for a...

Yes, he did. It is a choice. Yes, I can. Anybody could be gay. I could, but I'm not a pervert.

@Amish_Allosaurus Yes, he did. It is a choice. Yes, I can. Anybody could be gay. I could, but I'm not a pervert.

So you can make yourself fall in love with someone? Or out of love? Yeah freaking right. That's not love.
And apparently you're suggesting that homosexuality is some kind of alien disease, if God created the universe, and eveything in it except homosexuality.

lecornergirls avatar lecornergirl Yeah You Are +16Reply
@Amish_Allosaurus God didn't create the sin, he created the universe.

AND EVERYTHING IN IT.
Get it into your head already!

lecornergirls avatar lecornergirl Yeah You Are +17Reply
@lecornergirl AND EVERYTHING IN IT. Get it into your head already!

He won't get it into his head, because overly-religious people refuse to believe anything that questions the greatness of their supposed "God" and find ways to squirm around intelligent counter-arguments. It's scary.

craazys avatar craazy Yeah You Are +14Reply

You, my friend, are quite ignorant. God didn't create gay people you say...didn't he create all people though? Your response is that it is their "choice", but if god is omnipotent, shouldn't he be able to control that? If it's such a sin, why would it be here in the first place if God truly existed?

But I won't get into the philosophy of the non-existence of God. You should be aware that it is the people like YOU who are the source of discrimination, hatred, suicides, and even war because of your ignorant ideas regarding the bible, God, and sins. You seem proud of your faith but you should NOT be proud of this. You can believe being gay is a sin, that it is wrong...but how can you possibly find it within your innate humanity to say you will not celebrate someone's life who killed themselves? What the hell happened to "love thy brother" that is apparently such a pivotal point in your faith?

craazys avatar craazy Yeah You Are +9Reply
@craazy You, my friend, are quite ignorant. God didn't create gay people you say...didn't he create all people though?...

Phil the minion is really ignorant and is representing christians badly. So i'm going to clear things up a tad.

God did create the universe and everything in it, including sin. On purpose. that was because he needed to make it so everyone would realize they need Him. which doesnt make a whole lot of sense, it took a few bible studies to get that in my head, and that's the condensed version. anyway, everyone sins, and not everyone goes to hell. just because you are gay does not mean you go to hell. I'm not even sure of a time in the bible where it directly says that it's a sin.

as far as the actual gay thing, i know most people are born that way, and it's sad that they feel bullied enough to commit suicide. But some people do choose to be bi or gay, but that doesn't mean they're going to hell either. it's a lot more complicated than that.

main point: ignore phil, he seems like a troll, and don't base your opinions on christianity on what one dumbass homophobe says!

@anything_chocolate Phil the minion is really ignorant and is representing christians badly. So i'm going to clear things up a tad...

Don't worry, I don't base my opinions on Christianity on what one person says.

But a few things confuse me about your opinions on God and his creations. If God is the perfect moral being, why would he create an evil or sin in the first place? He must not be all good or perfectly moral, according to your argument.

Similarly, if he was omnipotent, he could have created men so that they already knew they needed him. If he can do anything, and create anything, he could have made man so that they inherently knew they needed God.

According to your argument, God can't be perfectly moral and he also can't be omnipotent.

craazys avatar craazy Yeah You Are 0Reply
@craazy Don't worry, I don't base my opinions on Christianity on what one person says. But a few things confuse me about...

i really don't think im the right person to ask. What I've learned is that he created sin so that the people would turn from it and learn to love/need him. it sounds confusing because it is. I don't really understand it to be honest, i have those same questions.

i also know that we can never know everything about him. the subject will always be thought provoking because we can't and weren't meant to know everything about him. that's why it's called faith, you believe without having foolproof evidence. i can't really explain it well, sorry :(

I thought as much.

According to the Christian faith, hate means wanting someone to go to hell. You clearly said that gay people will go to hell; therefore, you hate them.

broadwaygleeks avatar broadwaygleek Yeah You Are +9Reply
@broadwaygleek According to the Christian faith, hate means wanting someone to go to hell. You clearly said that gay people will...

No, I'm just saying that the Bible says they will goti hell, I never said I want them to. Don't put words in my mouth.

@Amish_Allosaurus No, I'm just saying that the Bible says they will goti hell, I never said I want them to. Don't put words in my mouth.

Tell me scripture, chapter and verses that says being gay is an automatic route to hell? The bible says god doesn't consider any sin worse than another

@Tell me scripture, chapter and verses that says being gay is an automatic route to hell? The bible says god doesn't...

People who sin without repenting (gays, and anyone else who doesn't repent) goes to hell.

@Amish_Allosaurus People who sin without repenting (gays, and anyone else who doesn't repent) goes to hell.

Define repenting for me? Because my understanding of the bible is that the only way to heaven is through faith in the fathers son. Not following the bible, but believing that Jesus is the son of god and that he died for our sins. Jesus didn't persecute or hate gays, he didn't preach out against them. The ONLY people Jesus spoke out against where the pharasiees, because they spoke out against propel in much the same way. My parents were married by a gay pastor, now whose sinning more? The person hating on gay people, or the gay devout Christian?

@Define repenting for me? Because my understanding of the bible is that the only way to heaven is through faith in...

Repenting is turning away from you sin, and not doing it again. Of course, that doesn't mean you will never stumble.

@Ah, but you cannot find a flaw in the rest of my comment? That just shows your ignorance

You still have to follow the Bible, just following what Jesus said doesn't get you to heaven. And if you're implying that I hate gay people, you're wrong. Also, all sin is the same in the sight of God.

@Amish_Allosaurus You still have to follow the Bible, just following what Jesus said doesn't get you to heaven. And if you're...

What Jesus and his deciples said makes up a majority of the bible, and what would you rather follow, logically? A profit, or the son of god?

So if someone was gay and lived a GREAT life (e.g., donated, helped others, was super kind, etc), he/she would go to hell?! If their only "sin" was being gay, but the rest of their life was saintly, they would go to hell? I don't think so...

broadwaygleeks avatar broadwaygleek Yeah You Are +4Reply

The Bible doesn't say who goes to hell. No one knows who goes to heaven OR hell but God. We are in no position to say that.

broadwaygleeks avatar broadwaygleek Yeah You Are +3Reply

If you dont agree with this and find the whole idea of supporting gay rights and commemorating a day to remember the lives lost, you shouldnt fucking say anything at all. I thought "god" was supposed to love everyone because he created them for who they are. You are an ignorant asshole for saying what you said about purple and the LGBT fags...how inconsiderate and disrespectful can you be? People like you are one of the reasons gay men and women are made to feel worthless. Go to hell.

Pink is breast cancer you imbecile. And originally(Even in your beloved bible days) Pink was the color men wore and blue was for girls so why would pink be a 'gay' color? Pink was a 'watered down' red that was still strong, bold, and dramatic. Blue was more delicate and dainty for girls. It was the Mid 1900's when that changed for most of Europe and the US.

Are you fucking retarted? Even you even glanced at the bible (I'm assuming that's what you referencing) it clearly says that everyone is born in to sin, but we have the choice to either be forgiven of it and follow "Jesus's teachings" or to live our lives the way we want to. I'm not saying Christianity is the right religion, just that if your gonna make a point, know what your talking about

@Are you fucking retarted? Even you even glanced at the bible (I'm assuming that's what you referencing) it clearly...

I know, I'm a sinner. What I am saying, is that gay people choose to not follow Jesus, so they go to hell.

@Amish_Allosaurus I know, I'm a sinner. What I am saying, is that gay people choose to not follow Jesus, so they go to hell.

doesn't he go to hell anyway for commiting suicide? being gay is not the capital sin. the sodoma&gomora thing happened because they were corrupt and rapists, not because they were gay.

@doesn't he go to hell anyway for commiting suicide? being gay is not the capital sin. the sodoma&gomora thing...

The Bible (as far as I know) never said committing suicide is a sin. I guess, it is committing murder against yourself. But any real Christian wouldn't commit suicide.

@Amish_Allosaurus The Bible (as far as I know) never said committing suicide is a sin. I guess, it is committing murder against...

The Bible does say committing suicide is wrong. But usually if someone committed suicide, there not in a right state of mind. Someone at my school committed suicide (keep in mind that I go to a Catholic school), but I'm sure he's in heaven or soon will be. You can't say he's not a "real Christian" because of not being in the right state of mind..

broadwaygleeks avatar broadwaygleek Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Amish_Allosaurus Well (no offense) but Catholics don't go to heaven either.

What the fuck?!?!?! Catholics don't go to heaven?!?! TRY TELLING THAT TO GOD. Let's see what he says. Catholics are NOT what the sterotype makes it seem. For goodness sake!

broadwaygleeks avatar broadwaygleek Yeah You Are +2Reply
@broadwaygleek What the fuck?!?!?! Catholics don't go to heaven?!?! TRY TELLING THAT TO GOD. Let's see what he says. Catholics...

I'm not Catholic so I'm not an expert on their beliefs. But from what I've heard, Catholics believe that you have to be a good person to get to heaven. That's not true. You have to believe in Jesus, and believe that he died on the cross in order to take away your sins.

@Amish_Allosaurus I'm not Catholic so I'm not an expert on their beliefs. But from what I've heard, Catholics believe that you have...

Exactly. You're NOT Catholic. And what if someone lived an amazing life, helped SO MANY people, made a positive impact on everyone he/she met, etc. etc. etc. but was Hindu, for example, he/she wouldn't go to heaven?! No! My dad happens to not be Christian, but I know he would NEVER go to hell.

broadwaygleeks avatar broadwaygleek Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Amish_Allosaurus I just said, being a good person doesn't get you to heaven.

God loves everyone, whether they're Christian, Muslim, Hindu, or even atheist. He gives everyone a chance to share in the kingdom of Heaven with Him.

If what gets you into heaven is all you care about, then you're one hell of a shitty christian.

Leading a good and holy life and loving others regardless of their sin is the core of Christianity bud. Life is God's gift, according to the Bible, something you believe in literally. Refusing to celebrate any one person's life is in itself against the Bible, as in doing so you are refusing to acknowledge His gift.

@Amish_Allosaurus So, you're saying gays get into heaven?

Nope, I don't know who goes to heaven and who doesn't, nor do I claim to; it isn't my place to decide on who gets in and who does, nor is it yours.

I am saying that being christian is about love, fellowship, and following in God's footsteps. You don't have a place to judge someone's afterlife.

I've been going to a Catholic for years. The Bible says that you may be gay, as long as you don't act upon it.

I don't quite believe that (I think homosexuals should be able to do what they want), but you're BORN gay. The choice whether to act out on it is the "sin."

Again, I don't think that's all true. So don't give me shit. (:

broadwaygleeks avatar broadwaygleek Yeah You Are +10Reply

please quote this to me. because i for one know of the whole "god loves all his children" and im pretty sure somewhere else it says something about not judging others by how they act/dress or what they do. Really, closed minded people like you need to analize your bible point by point. besides.... who wrote the bible? OH!!!!! different people wrote different ones, which is why they are all different, which also means they full of bullshit! You can believe in god, but dont beieve in words written by someone who just wanted to use the power of religion to currupt people. The bible is not GOD's words. It's some duche bag's who wants to rule over people who are actually falling for it.