-647

When I say being gay is a sin, and you say "why does it matter if it's a sin? Why can't you just let them be happy?" is like say "Sure that guy murder 6 people, but killing makes him happy, so you shouldn't tell him it's wrong.", amirite?

Amish_Allosauruss avatar
3 354
The voters have decided that Amish_Allosaurus is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@645289

Don't forget that a woman that is not virgin and is not married should have her head cut off, according to the bible.

Geoffs avatar Geoff No Way +30Reply
@645289

Theres more than one way to read/interpret the bible

@645289

How many times will I have to explain this?

Those laws were specifically for the Jews to live a sanctified life, so people will recognize their difference. It's not sinful. Try again.

scrantoncitys avatar scrantoncity Yeah You Are -5Reply
@Was that comment made so people will recognize your "difference"?

What? ¿Qué?
No, I said that because people don't understand leveticus. They think that all those are sins. Well they're not.

scrantoncitys avatar scrantoncity Yeah You Are -2Reply

You say all sins are equal, you say you believe in the Bible. I'm a Christian, I also believe in the Bible. But I would just like to point out that judging others is also a sin, because God gave only himself that right for when Judgement day comes. Therefore judging, murdering, and being gay are all sins, and according to you they're all equal. Accordingly this puts you on the same level. Just saying.

@You say all sins are equal, you say you believe in the Bible. I'm a Christian, I also believe in the Bible. But I...

Exactly. And since all sins are appearantly equal, people need to just shut up and let people live their lives... If it truly is a sin, thats between them & god. People need to chill.

He never judged anyone in the post.

Saying someone who's gay is sinning isn't judging. Seriously, learn a few things, then call yourself a Christian.

@scrantoncity He never judged anyone in the post. Saying someone who's gay is sinning isn't judging. Seriously, learn a few...

Everyone sins every single day. What makes a gay sinner more sinful than a straight sinner? Compared to sins like murder or adultery being gay seems like if it were a sin, it would be a tiny easily forgivable sin like being jealous of someone's possessions. Being gay doesn't cause harm to other people so I don't know why people are so obsessed with stopping homosexuality.

@fEMMAnist Everyone sins every single day. What makes a gay sinner more sinful than a straight sinner? Compared to sins like...

Nothing makes them more sinful, other than the deliberate, intention method of sinning. They CHOOSE to sin, and CHOOSE to defy God.

No sin is any more forgivable than another

scrantoncitys avatar scrantoncity Yeah You Are -3Reply
@scrantoncity Nothing makes them more sinful, other than the deliberate, intention method of sinning. They CHOOSE to sin, and...

All people choose to sin and choose to defy God. If it isn't a deliberate choice, it's not a sin, it's an accident. We are all human, none of us are perfect. There are some sins that are worse than others. For example, bombing a elementary school and killing hundreds of children is far more immoral and sinful than saying "oh my freaking God". Since being gay doesn't cause harm to others so it is just about as sinful as using the Lord's name in vain. Therefore you shouldn't think of gay people as anymore sinful than people who say Goddamn, which is practically everyone.
Also, since the Bible says not to practice non-Christian religions, practicing Hinduism is a sin. Therefore if you think Gay marriage should be banned because it is a sinful practice and an act against God, why don't you also believe that the Hindu marriage ritual should be banned as well as it is also a sinful practice and an act against God?

@fEMMAnist All people choose to sin and choose to defy God. If it isn't a deliberate choice, it's not a sin, it's an accident...

Who decides what's worse? God. And is any one sin gonna keep you out of Heaven more than another? No. One sin exiles you. One.

Woops I forgot "continuous" intentional deliberate sinning. They continue and continue to sin, constantly.

But it's not worse than other sins, in fact, you're the only one insisting it is!

scrantoncitys avatar scrantoncity Yeah You Are -4Reply
@scrantoncity Who decides what's worse? God. And is any one sin gonna keep you out of Heaven more than another? No. One sin...

Wait one sin keeps you out of heaven? Well then it doesn't matter if you are gay or straight because everyone on the planet is going to hell.
As you also continue to sin deliberately like all people do, you are just as sinful as a gay person so therefore have no right to condemn gays. If being gay is no worse than other petty sins why is everyone so set on stopping people from being gay?

@fEMMAnist Wait one sin keeps you out of heaven? Well then it doesn't matter if you are gay or straight because everyone on...

ono smilie

Because being gay is an easy sin to rectify. Simply choose to be straight. If one really cared about his Creator, he'd end his lustful relationship, at the least, and supress his tendencies.

Yes. Everyone is a sinner, and going to hell.

But wait! 2000 years ago, a sunless Man died for us! :DDD and now we can be saved if we accept his gift. And no doubt you're gonna misinterpret that easily understood statement, and pester me with absolutely imbecilic questions, ones that stun me with their stupidity.

@scrantoncity Because being gay is an easy sin to rectify. Simply choose to be straight. If one really cared about his...

Being gay is not something you can change easily or even at all. Even people who want really hard to be straight find that they can't change who they are. Some people go to great lengths to convince themselves that they are straight and maybe a few succeed in bottling up some of their sexual desire but no one ever stops being a homosexual. Homosexuals can't stop being attracted to people of the same gender just as you can't magically stop yourself from being attracted women. Each year, thousands of homosexuals kill themselves because they aren't accepted in their community or because they were taught not to accept themselves. Why would anyone chose to be discriminated against in such a terrible way? Gay relationships are not more "lustful" than a straight relationship. Homosexuals love each other in the same romantic, caring, and beautiful way that heterosexuals love each other. Jesus died to save all of us including the homosexuals and the homophobes.

@fEMMAnist Being gay is not something you can change easily or even at all. Even people who want really hard to be straight...

I disagree with your first part. Yes, I guarantee most can change if they wanted to. I guarantee it. Why would they choose to be discriminated? Haha. What about thieves? Most people dislike thieves (which is why I'm using this example, and I am, in no way, comparing the two), but thieves choose to steal. They aren't forced into it. And they're typically disliked.

You may think that, but I see it as a sham relationship. And lustful. And unnatural.

Yes, He did. What does that have to do with anything?

@scrantoncity I disagree with your first part. Yes, I guarantee most can change if they wanted to. I guarantee it. Why would they...

Why would you stereotype gay's relationship as strictly lustful? That is really judgmental. The truth is that gay people love each other with the same tenderness, kindness, and respect that straight people have. Love is a beautiful thing and all love both the heterosexual and the homosexual is full of grace.
Also, what proof have you that gays can change their sexuality? Science never proved that, the Bible never said that, and I have never heard a gay person tell me that they choose to be gay. You assumptions are based on stereotypes and prejudices, not reason. Every gay person I have ever met has told me that being gay was not their choice and I know that I couldn't become gay if I tried. I simply could not stop my self from being attracted to men. So what makes you think gay people choose to be gay?

@fEMMAnist Why would you stereotype gay's relationship as strictly lustful? That is really judgmental. The truth is that gay...

No. Homosexuality is an abomination.

Well, since it's a choice (as there is nothing to show otherwise, and obviously God wouldn't include it as a sin if it were inherent) obviously it can be changed.

Honestly, i don't care what you say about anecdotal evidence. They could be in denial. They could have convinced themselves that it wasn't a choice, in order to escape the guilt of their sins. I just don't know.

I mean, Iran doesn't have any gays like America!

I think it's a choice because I truly believe I could choose to be gay.

scrantoncitys avatar scrantoncity Yeah You Are -7Reply
@scrantoncity No. Homosexuality is an abomination. Well, since it's a choice (as there is nothing to show otherwise, and...

You don't seriously believe that Iran has no homosexuals? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Of course there are gay people in Iran. What could have possibly given you that idea?
Isn't greed inherent? Isn't aggressiveness inherent? If homosexuality is a sin why wouldn't it be inherent also? It's anecdotal evidence when it's one or two stories but when every homosexual person believes without a doubt that sexual orientation isn't a choice, it's more than just anecdotal evidence. Also how do you explain homosexuality in other animals if it is a completely a conscience choice?
If you really can control sexually excites you, what people you have a crush on, and who you fall in love with you have superpowers that no other human has. Sex drive is completely instinctual, it's not a choice.

@fEMMAnist You don't seriously believe that Iran has no homosexuals? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Of course...

Actually, no. That was a joke. The leader guy (I won't try to spell his name) Said that there were no gays in Iran like America. Obviously I was joking, though he wasn't.

Actually, no. Greed and aggressiveness aren't inherent. Well, lemme retract that. Greed may be, to an extent, but greed isn't a sin, coveting is. And coveting can be controlled, actually.

You asked them all? Once again, did you ask them all? Or just the ones you've talked to, approximately .001% (actually, probably less) of gays?

Really? Man, I didn't know I was a super hero.

@scrantoncity Actually, no. That was a joke. The leader guy (I won't try to spell his name) Said that there were no gays in Iran...

Okay, I'm glad you weren't serious I do remember something about Ahmadinejad saying something like that (I had to learn to spell his name for AP Comparative Government).
Coveting goods, which I always thought was almost the same thing as being greedy, can't really be controlled. The desire is always there just like people inherently feel an urge to hurt someone when they are angry or feel attracted to other people even if they are already in a relationship. Sexual desires are one of those things that you can't control. Sure, you can try to suppress your desires but they never go away.
I can't speak for every homosexual person ever but all the gay people I've ever heard of beleive that it is not a choice. I've also never heard of anyone who claimed they got to choose who they fell in love with. Personally, I am positive that I could never in a million years be a lesbian. Brad Pitt is just too damn sexy.

@fEMMAnist Okay, I'm glad you weren't serious I do remember something about Ahmadinejad saying something like that (I had to...

It can't? Basically you're saying that "I want that desperately, and I need that kitchen!" You're saying you can't control that? Hmm. Okay. You're very strange.

I don't know why you think these things are inherent. They really aren't. You wish to hurt people in your rage. But you choose to act on it.

Oh, so it goes from everyone, so some, and, once again, anecdotal. You're right. All those people stumbled upon their true love, and could do nothing about it.

Well I COULD be gay. But no, I won't change for you, nor anyone. It's a personal choice, and everyone's made it.

Oops, hehe I read over this part "Also how do you explain homosexuality in other animals if it is a completely a conscience choice?"

Well, what about murder? Some species of monkey (cassoway down there will attest to this) kill their young. Did you know that? Does that mean murder isn't a choice? Woah!

@scrantoncity Oops, hehe I read over this part "Also how do you explain homosexuality in other animals if it is a completely a...

The desire to injure or hurt people when you are angry is not a choice but a natural instinct. Similarly, falling in love with someone (even of the same gender) is also natural instinct. Actions are choices, desires are not. Homosexuality is a naturally occurring desire, not an action so it is not a choice.

@fEMMAnist The desire to injure or hurt people when you are angry is not a choice but a natural instinct. Similarly, falling...

Orly? So, only humans can rationalize that, yes, I don't need to hurt someone. Also, humans can rationalize that, I am slightly attracted to someone of the same gender, but thats just weird... So no, I'm straight.

Or, the other option, murder is also instincts.

@scrantoncity Orly? So, only humans can rationalize that, yes, I don't need to hurt someone. Also, humans can rationalize that, I...

Homosexuals are not "slightly" attracted to people of the same gender they are extremely attracted to people of the same gender. It is also not at all "weird" to be attracted to people of the same gender. It's normal and perfectly healthy. As I explained before, murder is an action, not an instinctual desire.
I realize the Bible (vaguely) alludes to homosexuality being unfavorable but it is clear that it is not harmful or bad for society in anyway. I don't see how people being in love is a threat to society and I certainly don't see how the government has any right to tell two people that they can't marry.

@fEMMAnist Homosexuals are not "slightly" attracted to people of the same gender they are extremely attracted to people of the...

Hmm. Sure. But you missed the point.

Dating someone is an action, along with marriage.

No. It flat out says homosexuality is a sin.

@scrantoncity Hmm. Sure. But you missed the point. Dating someone is an action, along with marriage. No. It flat out says...

Yes, dating or marring someone is an action. Being attracted to people of the same gender is not an action. Therefore homosexuality is not an action. So... homosexuality is not a choice as it is not an action. One cannot change the fact that one is homosexual. Though the biblical passage relating to homosexuality is debated, everybody knows that homosexuals are not worse or more sinful than straight people. It is also a incontrovertible fact that the presence of homosexuality won't hurt other people and is not bad for society. We are all sinners were are all imperfect beings. There is no reason why should not accept and embrace homosexuals the way we accept and embrace all mankind. It would be hypocritical for us to be disgusted with homosexuals when we commit worse sins ourselves.

@fEMMAnist Yes, dating or marring someone is an action. Being attracted to people of the same gender is not an action...

It's almost like you're a super genius, and this is all a test... Cuz you have some serious issues with thinking through your debates.

Yes. It's not a sin to BE homosexual, so long as you don't THINK about other men or women (same even if you were straight) and don't ACT upon it. I have no problem with those who are homosexual and remain abject from all relationships. In fact, I respect them, a whole lot.

It's only debated by those trying to change the Bible. It's quite clear.

Yes. They're actually normal people, you know that?

It's not bad for society? Oh gosh I wish I knew that one guy. He was only against homosexuality because of the effect on society. You're wrong there, but I can't recall how to construct the argument to show it.

Right. Accept them, like any human, but don't advocate their sins. Would you support someone (a guy) lusting after a girl?

@scrantoncity It's almost like you're a super genius, and this is all a test... Cuz you have some serious issues with thinking...

So we agree that being attracted to people of the same gender (aka being a homosexual) is not a choice but a naturally occurring unchangeable desire?
I really would like to hear the argument on how homosexuality damages society because I can't think of any reason of why it might hurt society in anyway.
I would support a guy lusting after a girl because I see nothing wrong with that. Wanting to have sex is isn't a bad thing. I also can't see why you think having feelings for someone of the same gender would be sinful when you don't act on those desires. What is the harm in thinking about it?
There is no reason not to make gay marriage legal in America. People have the right to not follow or not follow what ever belief system they want even when it's wrong. Allowing people to get married and adopt children won't do anybody any harm so we have no right to prevent it from happening.

@fEMMAnist So we agree that being attracted to people of the same gender (aka being a homosexual) is not a choice but a...

It's actually a choice, but if some people feel that it isn't, ie, they don't feel they could change, sure, it's not a sin to be inactive.

I really would, too, honestly. I cannot remember who that was, though.

Oh. Well, okay, then. I don't really have another good example. If you think that all girls are is looks, and you'll support a guy in only liking a girl for that, sure, be my guest. Support it. However, I thought you were a feminist.

And any kinds of lustful thoughts are sinful. Remember, God, not people, decides what constitutes a sin.

Orly? ono smilie You may think that, but many people differ in opinion.

@scrantoncity It's actually a choice, but if some people feel that it isn't, ie, they don't feel they could change, sure, it's...

I thought you said you were proud of homosexuals who did not act on their feelings? I thought that meant you accepted that people had homosexual urges that that they did not choose to have but you just didn't want people to act on them. I'm getting mixed messages.
I can't understand how you can believe something but not remember why you believe it. If you can't think of any reason why homosexuality is harmful maybe you need to consider the fact that it might not be harmful to society.
I do not support sexually objectifying people but having lustful feelings for someone does not mean that you don't appreciate other qualities like kindness and intelligence. Most healthy romantic relationships involve a degree of lust. There is nothing wrong with being sexually attracted to people. If it is then I'll be damned (literally, as in I'll go to hell).
People should be allowed to do whatever they want so long as it doesn't hurt anyone so gay marriage should be le...

@fEMMAnist I thought you said you were proud of homosexuals who did not act on their feelings? I thought that meant you...

I am. Dang it how'd you trip me up? Sure. I'm proud of them for resisting, because, even I cannot deny some people are inclined towards homosexuality. Sure whatever. But it's a choice, because I can choose.

No. I was utterly convinced. I just can't recall his argument. Well, I know what it was. But I don't remember numbers and I couldn't back it up. He did, though.

Uh... That's what lust is...

@scrantoncity I am. Dang it how'd you trip me up? Sure. I'm proud of them for resisting, because, even I cannot deny some people...

I would really like to hear that argument you keep talking about even if you can't back it up because I've never heard a remotely logical argument about homosexuality damaging society ever in my life. I think the fact that neither you nor I can think of any reason why homosexuality damages society goes to show that there is no real reason why homosexuality is damaging at all.

I thought lusting for someone meant having a strong sexual attraction to someone not disregarding a person's personality and regarding them solely as a commodity or object.

@fEMMAnist I would really like to hear that argument you keep talking about even if you can't back it up because I've never...

I'll outline it. I don't know the numbers, and I don't remember where he got the facts, so you'll probably be able to blow mine apart, but not his.

Basically, he explained how the number of homosexuals has skyrocketed in the past twentyish years. And with rates like that, (because they don't reproduce) in approximately 60 years, the population would've fallen by about 30%. While that may seem good, closer inspection reveals how absolutely disasterous that would be.

That's basically it, and I can't substantiate that, so sure, disregard it.

Lusting someone basically means you wanna have sex with them, based solely on looks.

@scrantoncity I'll outline it. I don't know the numbers, and I don't remember where he got the facts, so you'll probably be able...

I think the reason homosexuality seems to be going up is because fewer people are hiding the fact that that they are gay. I do not believe that a higher percentage of people are gay today than in the past. I'm also not worried about the population of the US. If we start losing people, we only need to open our borders and let in more immigrants. On a global scale, population is increasing too fast anyway. Even if the worlds population went down by 50%, there would still be 3 times more people than there were in 1800. If we stopped discouraging people from "lusting" after each other, and just let people have more sex, the population would go back up. See? Problem solved. The human race has had homosexuals forever ever so I see no reason why it would start causing problems now.

If lusting means wanting to have sex with someone I see nothing wrong with it.

@fEMMAnist I think the reason homosexuality seems to be going up is because fewer people are hiding the fact that that they...

I think that's what he concluded, too. If population decreased by 30% we'd all die. Who'd farm? Who'd run businesses? Who'd work menial jobs? Hmm? You apparently seem to think all the jobs would do themselves. Once again, that isn't my proposition. I can't even recall the entire thing.

Yes, because you're moral-less.

scrantoncitys avatar scrantoncity Yeah You Are -1Reply
@scrantoncity I think that's what he concluded, too. If population decreased by 30% we'd all die. Who'd farm? Who'd run...

If the population decreased by 30% there would still be way more people on the earth than there were in the year 1800. People survived just fine in 1800 even without the technology we have today. Just saying. In a world with near 6.5 billion people, I don't think we need to be worrying about under population. I also don't know how the guy who came up with the argument could possibly know how many gays there were in the world along time ago when people didn't display their sexuality for fear of being prosecuted.
I am not moral-less; I think the right word is actually amoral. I just have different standards.

You were there at the begining of humanity and you know for a fact that they had gay people the nanosecond humans (according to you) evolved?

@Amish_Allosaurus You were there at the begining of humanity and you know for a fact that they had gay people the nanosecond humans...

I wasn't there. However, since all species of animals contain homosexual individuals it only makes sense that humans and their ancestors also contain homosexual individuals. Since homosexuality is present in records ever since humans started keeping records, we know homosexuality has been around for along time.

@fEMMAnist I wasn't there. However, since all species of animals contain homosexual individuals it only makes sense that...

*A long

I guess I'll just have to take your word for it, because you obviously know everything that ever happened...

Homosexuals are very bad for society. Ever heard of Sodom and Gommora (Sp?)? There were homosexuals in those cities, and that contributed to the fact that they got blown up. Also, Lot let the angry mob RAPE HIS DAUGHTERS just to prevent the gay people from having gay sex with the angels. So, he preferred RAPE over homosexuality!

@Amish_Allosaurus Homosexuals are very bad for society. Ever heard of Sodom and Gommora (Sp?)? There were homosexuals in those...

Are you saying homosexuality is bad for society because cities with homosexuals get blown up? Come on you can't come up with a better argument than that? Well, at least that's better than scrantoncity's argument which he won't tell me because he can't remember. I have plenty of gay people in my city and it hasn't been blown up.
Gay people did not cause the rape of Lot's daughters. Clearly that was the fault of the angry rapist mob. It was also Lot's fault for not stopping them. Also, why didn't the angels who were hanging around do anything to stop it? Can you really blame those gay people for wanting to have sex with the angels? I mean if an angel asked me I'd totally go for it.

@fEMMAnist Are you saying homosexuality is bad for society because cities with homosexuals get blown up? Come on you can't...

1. No, Lot had a choice of letting his daughters get raped, or letting the angels get raped. He chose his daughters because he that's how bad homosexuality is.

2. They were going to rape the angels.

3. Because God didn't tell them to stop it. He already had the plan to stop it. (Fire and brimstone)

@Amish_Allosaurus 1. No, Lot had a choice of letting his daughters get raped, or letting the angels get raped. He chose his...

It is the fault of the rapists. After all, they were the ones who committed the crime. As we no longer need to protect Lot's daughters or a group of angels from being raped I see no reason why homosexuality is harmful. Seriously, you can't stop people from falling in love with each other on the off chance that it will cause an angry mob to attack a group of women and/or angels. That is a bit far fetched. If you can think of a real logical reason why homosexuality will cause harm to society let me know.
On an unrelated note: what on earth is a brimstone anyway?

@fEMMAnist It is the fault of the rapists. After all, they were the ones who committed the crime. As we no longer need to...

You should also have included in your argument that not everyone is Christian. And seeing as the US (specifically) has "separation of church and state" then same-sex marriage should be perfectly legal seeing as the only argument against it is religious.

So animals aren't conscience? And they can make choices?

Animals engaging in homosexual acts is usually a form of male dominance, not for sexual pleasure. As, other than dolphins and humans, no animals on this planet have sex for pleasure, only reproduction.

@Amish_Allosaurus So animals aren't conscience? And they can make choices? Animals engaging in homosexual acts is usually a form...

animals can be naturally homosexual. In fact their are homosexuals in all species of animals. All animals experience sexual pleasure so it is silly to say that they only have sex for reproduction. Why would an animal wake up one day and choose to be homosexual? That makes no sense.

@Amish_Allosaurus A sunless man? He lived His whole life in the dark? That would suck...

Yeah... You didn't know that!? It says in the Bible, in Nathaniel 3:25

Oh. I guess you don't know your Bible!

I'm not judging, I just say that being gay is a sin. And if it's a sin to say what the Bible says, then I'll be darned. Also, acording to your logic, you are sinning byway that I'm sinning by saying gay people are sinning.

@Amish_Allosaurus I'm not judging, I just say that being gay is a sin. And if it's a sin to say what the Bible says, then I'll be...

I guess I am sinning. I don't mean this personal, these are my expressive views. All I'm saying is that you should perhaps read the second testament more carefully. And not be petty about matters not concerning you, I assume you're not gay and therefore it really doesn't apply to you.

@645286

One word. Aids

Amish_Allosauruss avatar Amish_Allosaurus Yeah You Are -39Reply
@Amish_Allosaurus One word. Aids

Five words. Heterosexuals can get it too.

Geoffs avatar Geoff No Way +50Reply
@645580

Seriously? Why is it that nobody can have a mature debate without someone coming in and insulting everone who disagrees with them?

Amish_Allosauruss avatar Amish_Allosaurus Yeah You Are -20Reply
@645786

You're basically calling me dumb.

Amish_Allosauruss avatar Amish_Allosaurus Yeah You Are -16Reply
@Amish_Allosaurus You're basically calling me dumb.

well, if you're going to make dumb statements...

rowannes avatar rowanne No Way +27Reply
@Amish_Allosaurus Seriously? Why is it that nobody can have a mature debate without someone coming in and insulting everone who...

AIDS is contracted through all kinds of sex, so technically straight people are more likely to get it because they can get it in more ways.

@Danny Anal sex is the most likely to pass on the disease so....

It doesn't matter. Heterosexuals are having anal sex more and more often.

@Amish_Allosaurus One word. Aids

AIDS is caused by a virus, not gay people.

@Amish_Allosaurus One word. Aids

Seven words: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven.

@Amish_Allosaurus One word. Aids

AIDS is three words...

@645317

They are not unlike, they are both sins. And they are equal sins. They did do something wrong, they sin. And I never said they aren't good people, but being a good person doesn't get youto heaven.

@645379

Hate sin, not the person.

Dannys avatar Danny Yeah You Are -2Reply
@679020

I meant as a general mindset, and as a Christian, shouldn't you hate all sin? (side thought: sin is anything that is or causes us to be disobedient to God. And he says in his word that it, homosexuality, is an abomination.)

Dannys avatar Danny Yeah You Are -3Reply
@645379

while it's true that god does forgive, a person should never be ok with sinning. that's like robbing a bank and saying, "Aww that's alright. god will forgive me later, so i guess i can do whatever i want!" That's abusing god's generosity.

dive_kt96s avatar dive_kt96 Yeah You Are -15Reply
@649787

well yes, but that's not a free pass to do whatever you want. it should be your goal to follow god's rules, and turn away from sin. You should constantly strive to model yourself after jesus's example, and make lifestyle choices that agree with God's commandments. yes, he is forgiving, but as a christian you should value god's wisdom and laws.

dive_kt96s avatar dive_kt96 Yeah You Are -6Reply
@651630

God doesn't hate gays, but, that doesn't mean He let's them into heaven?

1 Corinthians 6:9, states:

‘Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the Kingdom of God. And such were some of you.’

Amish_Allosauruss avatar Amish_Allosaurus Yeah You Are -10Reply
@Amish_Allosaurus God doesn't hate gays, but, that doesn't mean He let's them into heaven? 1 Corinthians 6:9, states: ‘Do...

But, wait... if your God is honestly loving and forgiving, why does he dislike homosexuals? The thieves, the immoral are rightly justified, because they have done something that has negatively impacted someone, and they know it. But how can it be a crime to love someone?
Why are the people who may have never hurt anyone in their entire life grouped with the people who hurt and steal?

Loving someone isn't a crime. No matter if the one who is loved isn't within what was commonly considered acceptable.

I'm not homosexual, and I'm an agnostic... but if you truly believe that your God is all-powerful, and every line of the Bible is true, and written by the hand and mind of your God, then I don't see how I can change your mind.

@dive_kt96 haha i like that quote.

Yeah, it's pretty good. But it's so sad how many people think of him like that. Another good quote is "God is not our cosmic bell hop, who will jump when we say jump, an give us what we want, when we ask for it."

@dive_kt96 while it's true that god does forgive, a person should never be ok with sinning. that's like robbing a bank and...

see, there's just no way you can confess for being gay though. the minute you walk out, you're still gay, and according to whatever it is you say god says, you'll have to confess again. it's never ending. just let others live their goddamn lives and stay out of it!!!

@Amish_Allosaurus They are not unlike, they are both sins. And they are equal sins. They did do something wrong, they sin. And I...

So you're saying that you telling your mom a white lie about what you got on a test and stabbing someone to death is EQUAL? Don't get me wrong, I'm a Christian, but you have the wrong message here.

@broadwaygleek So you're saying that you telling your mom a white lie about what you got on a test and stabbing someone to death...

The consequences of sin in this life and the consequences of sin in eternity are two different things, which one is more important?

Dannys avatar Danny Yeah You Are -1Reply

Sure, murder is a sin, and same with being homosexual. But the difference is, murders affect, being gay doesn't. Also, I don't want to have a huge debate, but who says god is real and the bible is true?

Geoffs avatar Geoff No Way +24Reply
Geoffs avatar Geoff No Way +11Reply
@Geoff Read my comment again, who says the bible is true?

The Bible. I know it sounds crazy say "I know this is correct because it told me that it was" but unless you are a Christian, it's hard to understand how we believe the Bible so much. I just know that the Bible is true. I can't explain it any better than that.

@Amish_Allosaurus The Bible. I know it sounds crazy say "I know this is correct because it told me that it was" but unless you are a...

So, what you are telling me is that if J.K. Rowling put "This is all true" at the end of Harry Potter, you would believe her?

Geoffs avatar Geoff No Way +16Reply
@Geoff So, what you are telling me is that if J.K. Rowling put "This is all true" at the end of Harry Potter, you would...

No, I said I believe the Bible is true. It is the word of God. He wrote it (not physically, but he told the authors what to write.)

Amish_Allosauruss avatar Amish_Allosaurus Yeah You Are -11Reply
@Amish_Allosaurus No, I said I believe the Bible is true. It is the word of God. He wrote it (not physically, but he told the authors...

So, what you are telling me is that if J.K. Rowling also put at the end of the book "I am god", you would believe her?

Geoffs avatar Geoff No Way +16Reply
@Amish_Allosaurus No, because she isn't God.

And you know that how? It's the Bible's word against Harry Potter's word, which do you believe? Sorta like Team Edward and Team Jacob but instead Team Bible and Team Harry

Geoffs avatar Geoff No Way +14Reply
@Geoff And you know that how? It's the Bible's word against Harry Potter's word, which do you believe? Sorta like Team...

I know that because I just know, and if that's not good enough for you, God is a man.

@Amish_Allosaurus I know that because I just know, and if that's not good enough for you, God is a man.

uh, your 'argument' is not an argument at all. you have no support for it 'I KNOW THE BIBLE IS REAL!' yeah, well, jewish people feel the same about the Torah and muslims about the koran. you have no facts or proof. just a pile of shit. also, don't you think people with schizophrenia think what the see/hear is all true? when it's really just a state of mind.

not to mention, that there is freedom of religion. who the fuck says that everyone is christian? no, we all have different beliefs, so we're not worried about what the bible says, because we don't give a shit about the bible. if i want to sin, i'mma sin. so long as i'm not hurting you, you can bite me.

rowannes avatar rowanne No Way +38Reply
@rowanne uh, your 'argument' is not an argument at all. you have no support for it 'I KNOW THE BIBLE IS REAL!' yeah, well...

When it comes to something like religion, those are connections that have been made in your brain so many times that it's just something your naturally stongly believe... You can't help that. Theres soooo much we dont understand as humans, science is a gamble at best. Saying you believe in God can be, for some people, no different than saying the sky is blue or that the sun will come up the next day. There's no way to know that for sure, but its just something that you've experienced to be true so often in the past that it just makes sense. When you're raised with a certain religion, if you stick to it long enough, it becomes true for you. Because peoples' experiences accross the world are so different, their beliefs will be too. There's no way to know who's right, so whether you're Christian or athiest, it's stupid to tell people their beliefs are wrong. I cant stand intollerant people...

@When it comes to something like religion, those are connections that have been made in your brain so many times...

i actually understand the concept of believing strongly in a religion. that's not my point. my point is that OP is pushing his beliefs on everyone and making offensive remarks when he has no proof to back it up. you can't use religious points in an argument because they don't constitute as facts. i'm not saying OP's religion is wrong or stupid, i'm saying that MANY people assume that their beliefs are the only right ones, so don't act like you're somehow infinitely wiser than everyone else.
i don't understand how i'm being intolerant, because honestly, THIS POST is the intolerant thing here. i'm defending mine, and other people's rights to practice any type of belief that they want (so long as it doesn't hurt anyone). OP is comparing homosexuality to murder. i mean really? he quoted the bible. awesome. watch me write a book saying "homosexuality is completely fine", get a bunch of followers, and then quote it. it's a shit argument.

Being gay isn't a sin, not accepting gays is.

Spains avatar Spain No Way +22Reply

1, 2, 3, 4, I declare a comment war.

Amish_Allosauruss avatar Amish_Allosaurus Yeah You Are +20Reply
@Amish_Allosaurus 1, 2, 3, 4, I declare a comment war.

8, 8, 8, 8, I repeated the number 8!

See these are the people on amirite that makes a dumbass out of themself. So what, thier gay, get over it and move on!

Dude, I'm gay. Why would God have made me this way if He was just going to send me to Hell? I don't choose to be gay, just like I don't choose to have brown hair. God loves people, and He wouldn't make me live through the shitty life I have just to be sent to Hell afterwards because of how He made me.

@shelbyam118 Dude, I'm gay. Why would God have made me this way if He was just going to send me to Hell? I don't choose to be...

No, God didn't make you gay, and in my oppinion, it's blaspheous to say so.

Also, yes, I'm sorry, but no gay people will get to heaven.

1 Corinthians 6:9 states:

Amish_Allosauruss avatar Amish_Allosaurus Yeah You Are -17Reply
@677544

You, sir, are my hero.

@Amish_Allosaurus No, God didn't make you gay, and in my oppinion, it's blaspheous to say so. Also, yes, I'm sorry, but no gay...

I'm not gay by choice. I was always this way, thus God made me gay. Being gay is a normal human variety, and God created man. Besides, He created us in his image, right? For all we know, He could be gay.

@677752

Why are you thanking somebody you don't believe in?

@Amish_Allosaurus Why are you thanking somebody you don't believe in?

Sure, that used to be what it means, and that is also its literal interpretation, but it's really become more of a very common snide saying as opposed to a declaration of faith. Don't make it more than it is.

I've been praying my whole life to be straight, dude. I've begged and I've considered suicide many times. How can God be just and loving if He allows one of His children to suffer like this without doing anything?

@shelbyam118 I've been praying my whole life to be straight, dude. I've begged and I've considered suicide many times. How can...

Also, it isn't a sin to be gay per-say but it is a sin to act on those homosexual tendencies. Just so you know, I'm going to start praying for you. And I'm sorry if I came off as hating gay people, I love every person on this earth, but that doesn't mean I won't tell them if they're sinning.

intolerance. that's all that post is.

Dude, you just compared murder with being gay. What the fuck?!

"Ok so you built 30 hospitals for sick children, worked your whole life in service of others, found the cure for cancer, AIDS, and Diabetes and loved everyone who crossed your path so go on into heaven...wait you're gay? No you're going to spend eternity in Hell"

@BoyBoy5BoyBoy "Ok so you built 30 hospitals for sick children, worked your whole life in service of others, found the cure for...

No, regardless of his orientation, he'd still go to hell. He'd have sinned at least once. Lied at least once. Coveted at least once. Not honored the Sabbath at least once. Placed more importance on a thing than God at least once.

He'd have done those things, any of which would keep him out of heaven.

If he did NONE of those things, and was gay, he'd be a liar, and go to hell.

@scrantoncity No, regardless of his orientation, he'd still go to hell. He'd have sinned at least once. Lied at least once...

Okay so the man apologized for all his sins and God forgave him but he never apopogized for being a homosexual, does he go to hell?

Yeah and John 3:16 says as long as you believe in him your fine. Deal with it.

@Yeah and John 3:16 says as long as you believe in him your fine. Deal with it.

No, it's not. It says to enter heaven you must be humble, you must keep the commandments, you must be generous and loving and you must confess and repent your sins.
If you just believe in God, that's not enough. If you believe in God, but then go around killing people or hurting people or working only for money never giving to others and never helping anyone or loving anyone but yourself, you probably won't do so well in God's eyes.

Seriously, please start using your own head. I read the Bible, don't need you to quote it for me. Your argument is constantly the same. Jesus IS a get out of jail card, he is exactly that, he's just not free. I accept Jesus in my life, and therefore I will LOVE whoever crosses my path, be he gay or criminal. Jesus after all hung out with the prostitutes and drunks (go read the gospels), so I think we should follow his example and not reject anyone. Show them the truth, and the truth is Jesus.

You honestly think I choose to be this way? You think I like having homophobes like you say I'm not going to Heaven? That I enjoy having to watch my back for fear of being jumped? That the highlight of my day is someone calling me a faggot? Do you choose to like girls? Could you just decide to like guys? If I had a choice, I would be straight. But I don't, and I'm not. You would probably cheer on the next gay boy who decided to kill himself. Who taught you to be so intolerant?

And don't quote that verse at me again. I know what it says.

@shelbyam118 You honestly think I choose to be this way? You think I like having homophobes like you say I'm not going to...

You deserve a hug. I'm not telling you how to act, but you shouldn't be ashamed of yourself for your sexual preferences. Be proud, and remember you aren't alone. As for OP, you're a douchebag. I do believe in God, but remember that He didn't write the Bible, people did. Unless God comes down and tells you to your face, you'll never know precisely what he thinks. In my eyes, God is about love. He loves everyone the way they are and if he hated people based on their orientation then why would he create them? And as for the Heaven thing, I believe that everyone deserves to go. After living their lives which are usually hard and putting up with things, especially hate, they deserve it. But hey, believe what you want. Even though you sound like a total asshole doing so.

I in no way hate gay people, and they are not "lesser beings" but that doesn't mean they can get away with sinning. And if I'm intolerent for simply quoting what God said, then call me intolerent. Also, If you turn to God, he can help you stop being gay.

@Amish_Allosaurus I in no way hate gay people, and they are not "lesser beings" but that doesn't mean they can get away with sinning...

The bible is not what God said. The bible is what people said. Sure, He spoke through some of them, but not all. Some people just claimed to have a connection.

God is not a man either dude. God is not a being like you and me, He is far greater than that. So I think it's best you don't 'put words in his mouth'. According to the Bible (His word), He sent his only son to forgive our sins, so if you really want to believe being gay is a sin, all a gay man has to do is believe that Jesus is the son of God, and he is forgiven (that's if he is Christian). It's between the gay person and God, not you.

@God is not a man either dude. God is not a being like you and me, He is far greater than that. So I think it's best...

Yeah, because the Bible never reffered to God as "He" or "Him" or "His" and no, they don't just have to believe in Jesus, they have to turn from their sins. If they say "I believe in Jesus" and keep on sinning without repenting, they are not goingto heaven.

@Amish_Allosaurus Yeah, because the Bible never reffered to God as "He" or "Him" or "His" and no, they don't just have to believe...

You sin too. Everybody sins all the time. Sinning doesn't mean you're not christian, it means you're human.

The original bible (before it was translated) had no "Him" or "He" words when refering to God. God was genderless in the oldest bibles.

Ok, so you think God wrote every single word in the bible? I'm christian and I do not believe this. If he truly wrote EVERY WORD then apparently stoning people is sometimes okay. Eating shellfish sends you to hell, and killing people is just as bad as eating those darned shellfish. I mean COME ON.
If you don't think that you should stone, say adulterers for example, then that is one thing in the bible that you do not believe--if there is one THERE CAN BE OTHERS. SO my point is the fact that I do not believe that God wrote the bible word for word. I think that the only sins are those that hurt others emotionally or physically, directly or indirectly. And I can honestly say that when I die, if I find out that gays are being sent to hell I'm going to ask God what he is doing, because I do not believe for one second that a man being in love with another man is instant eternity in a pit of doom and gloom. This is MY opinion...yeah....that's about it.

@Ok, so you think God wrote every single word in the bible? I'm christian and I do not believe this. If he truly...

The Bible corrects most of what you said. Jesus condemned those who stoned people. He saved an adulteress when people brought her to Jesus and he said, let he who has never sinned cast the first stone & then people slowly left, knowing that they had all sinned. Jesus asked the woman to repent, she did & he forgave her sins.
Jesus & Peter also condemned the shellfish law, so Christians aren't Kosher. In the earlier times they kind of needed the food law so they wouldn't die of food poisoning in the desert, but Jesus said it doesn't matter what food you eat because it all just ends up in the sewer. Peter claimed to have a vision of God saying it was okay to eat the forbidden food. Not EVERYTHING in the Bible is true(most is): as you can see there are many scriptures that contradict one another. What you have to do is figure out which scriptures are put in place by God based on his laws and which are man made. Follow the 10 commandments closely & you'll be fine.

I mean, it also kinda depends on how you read the bible. Contextualists take a deeper message out of it, not little trivial rules

you know what? maybe your god is mean, maybe you believe in a god that does not want us to love each other. That is soo your problem.
but MY god, loves me no matter what, and he is happy that I have someone who loves me back.. my god doesnt care if Im homosexual or straight. He loves me. END OF.

annies avatar annie No Way +8Reply
@annie you know what? maybe your god is mean, maybe you believe in a god that does not want us to love each other. That is...

10 Commandments- Thou shalt not kill
Lev. 20:13- Kill homosexuals
lolwut smilie

your God sounds a lot better. :)

I already believe in God, and I have asked to be straight, but that hasn't worked. I've never heard of it working, either. You obviously have sone sort of prejudice about gays, othewise you wouldn't care if we "sin" by liking other guys. I know God loves and accepts me for who I am and will let me into Heaven, no matter what the Bible says. He can change his mind, you know. I'm sure not everyone who has eaten shellfish or shoplifted is in Hell.

@shelbyam118 I already believe in God, and I have asked to be straight, but that hasn't worked. I've never heard of it working...

No, he can't change his mind, the Bible says He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. And did you ask God to help you stop being gay? Or did you start to have a relationship with him, and start living for him? God doesn't just jump when you say jump.

Okay, it's so-called Christians like you who give all the rest of us a bad name. Those of you who try forcing your beliefs on everyone and trying to prove everything based on the Bible. I am most definitely a Christian, but I believe that there's a lot of stuff in the Bible that is complete bullshit. I don't believe that everything in there is correct or factual, nor do I believe that we should follow it to the letter. We've already progressed beyond so many of these biblical "laws," like the aforementioned eating shellfish or women cutting their hair. Who says we shouldn't do the same with what the Bible says about gays? We live in a changing, more progressive society, in which gays are far more accepted than they were even 20 years ago. It's high time that the church caught up with it.

And as far as God not accepting or loving gays? The priest at my church is a lesbian. Why would God have called her to preach His word if He hated homosexuals? Chew that one over for a while. Th...

Okay okay I'll say what I know a few people AND get back to the subject of the post. You sir, are an ass. Plain and simple. And gives a flying fladoodle about if they are gay? You know your not gay so leave them the fuck alone. I'm a catholic and I believe in the bible. And in the bible it says everything happens for a reason. So if being gay is such a sin. Why did god create them this way?

How does God feel about bisexuals, hmmm? I would like to know.

Phil.
Really?
Do you have to go around yelling at everyone saying "HOMOSEXUALS ARE GOING TO HELL"?

Who are you?
Why are you making a big deal?

aren't you supposed to be nice to thy neighbor, and if they are sinning, you are to pray for them?
If your father was homosexual, would you straight out tell him "You're going to hell" and never talk to him? Or would you treat him like a normal person and just pray for him?

You're being cruel. Even straight people can be offended at your rudeness.

Oh my God. And I literally mean oh my God, no blasphemy. I guess the next thing your gonna tell me is that your opinion is God's opinion. Wait, you just said that... No no, don't respond with 'That's what the Bible says' BECAUSE I GET THAT. This is a one side compromise, my thoughts obviously count for nothing. Au revoir.

If a gay person has a relationship with God, it's between them. God knows his situation, he knows his heart and soul, he did after all create those. We don't. So I it should be left it at that, let God decide. I think after all that God takes every person on his own, he doesn't have a checklist when we get to heaven. He looks at you personally - at least, that's the way I hope it is. God is great, He forgives - and if a gay Christian speaks to God every day about these things, who are we to judge?

@If a gay person has a relationship with God, it's between them. God knows his situation, he knows his heart and...

1 Corinthians 6:9, states:

yeah...

@Amish_Allosaurus 1 Corinthians 6:9, states: ‘Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor...

Congratulations! You have now used that same quote 53 times! Not only that, but a quote written as such can be perceived in different ways, go hate on people who love, you are SO NICE

@650588 (Amish_Allosaurus): Some translations say fornicators instead of homosexuals so that passage is debatable. Also, if greedy people aren't allowed in heaven, nobody would be in heaven.

It's at -69 for me.

HURR

Also, if the bible was simply written by people who followed God, who's to say that the people didn't mix up somethings?
I'm pretty sure that if someone had to walk around writing the Bible, they'd at least bend one thing, misunderstand one thing or even possibly make up something.

My religion says it doesn't matter if one is straight, gay, questioning, whatevs, so why can't my religion be considered part of it all? I'm a good person without being Christian. Can we all agree to let others live according to their own beliefs?

I can't believe someone just compared love to murder.

Here's my two cents:
OP, and other users defending this post, you can believe in whatever you want to. I don't care. It's a free world. But when somebody says that being gay is something that a person can control, that just makes me angry.
NO GAY PERSON CHOOSES TO BE GAY.
If a gay person chooses what their sexuality is, then why have there been so many gay teenagers committing suicide? Love is love not matter what your sexuality is. Why should a person have to be unhappy just to avoid going to Hell?

Okay that was maybe a little agressive, sorry. But my point is just that we should rather bring Jesus into people's lives, rather than reject them. Then they will also live according to what they believe to be the truth. If they've already accepted Jesus, and still are gay, accept them still. Because you then have Jesus in common. WE ARE ALL MORE ALIKE THAN WE ARE DIFFERENT. Just spread the love, because love is the only thing that can save this world, not pointing fingers.

It is shocking that you can brainwash people into believing the sickest things and the most absurd fairytales. It's strange how, completely without evidence, one can go around telling people that they will be tortured in a place called hell, forever.

And when these people are asked questions about it they continue to say the same things, again and again. These people should realize what is happening and begin to think for themselves.

History will laugh at them.

Okay, being gay is not wrong, killing people is. Simple as that. Being gay isn't as much of a sin (it shouldn't even be considered a sin at all), killing people is.

That's terrible.
Do you think they choose to be mocked everyday? Do you think they choose to have less rights? I sure as hell (oops, can I say that?) don't think they choose that. Studies have shown it's a chemical reaction inside the brain. It simply is.

Gays should be allowed to marry because every person in this world should have the same rights. Skin colour, gender, preference, socio-economic status. You name it. And to simply take away somebody's right to be happy should be unconstitutional.

And why should Christianity rule over everybody? What if they're not religious? Why should that shitty Bible dictate their life like that?

Okay, you have a point, but it's debatable. Fact is it's between God and the person. You can believe being gay is wrong, it's your right. All I'm asking is that you consider what I'm trying to say. Don't think narrow mindedly, think big. God is big after all. Much bigger than a simple set of rules. Seriously, I don't mean any offence.

@Okay, you have a point, but it's debatable. Fact is it's between God and the person. You can believe being gay is...

The Bible says being gay is wrong, I didn't just wake up one day and say "I think being gay is wrong"

@Amish_Allosaurus The Bible says being gay is wrong, I didn't just wake up one day and say "I think being gay is wrong"

Sigh. I get that you read it in the Bible. I understand. And I've said, go ahead and make that your believe, I'm not judging. That's YOUR personal opinion. Now MINE, if I'm allowed to share, is that God is about love, forgiveness, compassion, empathy. I think we should try and spread these things, instead of pointing fingers, that is the bigger picture after all. Let's let people who don't believe in God see these aspects first in Christians.

@Amish_Allosaurus Its not just what I believe, it's what God said.

according to you, they're the same thing. in this day and age, it's great that gay people can come out and be happy with themselves. it's people like YOU that keep the certain ones from coming out, because they're so afraid of what people like you will do to them.

Maybe the homosexuals don't believe in God and the bible... just sayin'

@Maybe the homosexuals don't believe in God and the bible... just sayin'

(Benjamindockrey<3): Ok, but what if I don't believe in gravity? Does this grant me the ability to fly, and hover? No. I'm still restricted by gravity.

@Amish_Allosaurus (Benjamindockrey<3): Ok, but what if I don't believe in gravity? Does this grant me the ability to fly, and hover?...

Yes, but God doesn't restrict us. He lets us do what we want and live the way we are. When He created man, He must have known that there would be killers, thieves, and even gays. If He were so against it, He wouldn't have created gays in the first place.

I also find it disgusting how you think killing and being gay are equal. You're saying that if I kill thirty people maliciously, but feel truly sorry after, I'll go to Heaven, but if I'm a good person who won't apologize for being the person I was born as and continue to be attracted to men, I'm damned? It's ridiculous.

@Amish_Allosaurus Yes.

As I said, ridiculous. God's logical, He wouldn't do something that unfair.

@Amish_Allosaurus How is it unfair?

@660987 (Phil_The_Minion): @660987 (Phil_The_Minion): You make me sick, 'Phil_the_Minion.' You are a Christian. You are supposed to love and accept everyone. You are supposed to understand that everyone is created equally in the eyes of God and that God loves all of us. He forgives us for things we can control and accepts us for the things we can't. It is nobody's choice to be gay, just as it is nobody's choice to be heterosexual, or to have blue eyes. These are simply things that happen to you and no matter how much you like or dislike them, they cannot be changed. I hope one day you'll look back on your life and realize that you spent it disliking perfectly good and kind people because they choose to live as they are and aren't scared to hide how they really feel.

@shelbyam118 As I said, ridiculous. God's logical, He wouldn't do something that unfair.

And yes, God says unrepentant gay go to hell.

1 Corinthians 6:9, states:

@Amish_Allosaurus And yes, God says unrepentant gay go to hell. 1 Corinthians 6:9, states: ‘Do not be deceived; neither the...

It's unfair because I can't help being gay. I was born this way; God made me this way. I shouldn't have to be screwed over for an eternity because He programmed me to like guys. Why should I suffer for what He did to me?

@shelbyam118 It's unfair because I can't help being gay. I was born this way; God made me this way. I shouldn't have to be...

First, God didn't make you gay, and I think that it's blashphemous to say so. Second, being gay is a choice...

@Amish_Allosaurus First, God didn't make you gay, and I think that it's blashphemous to say so. Second, being gay is a choice...

Please explain to me how you think that being gay is a choice. I'd honestly like to know.

Dude, being gay is not a choice.
OP, do you think you can easily convert yourself from being straight to gay?

You shouldn't speak for the gays if you can't even understand their situation right now.

It's hard for gays to become straight, if that is their choice anyways.

Imagine, for a second, that gravity is wrong... that it's just something that we as humans percieve. Maybe we're all floating right now, but don't realize it because of the way our minds and senses work. Maybe you're wrong about god, and youre gonna feel mighty stupid pushing your beliefs on people like that. Things can appear to be one way, and be another. Just ask Adam & Eve about that, that fruit wasnt nearly as delicious as it looked...

I thought you were gonna say: When I say "Being gay is a sin", you say "How highhhh". :D

Love the sinner, hate the sin. It's a sin, but it's not nearly as bad as murder. Murder is breaking one of the ten commandments and breaking the love thy neighbor commandment.

I'm sorry I haven't bothered to read through all the other comments, as I'm sure this has been repeated more than once but:
One of the many differences between being gay and murdering someone is that being gay doesn't hurt anybody. I think as long as you're happy and not causing any harm to others, you should be able to live however you want, and love whoever makes you happy. There is nothing good that comes out of killing perfectly innocent people. I think anyone that associates murder and homosexuality as two similar things has sometime severely wrong with them.

IDIOT

this is probably one of the reasons why so many homosexuals are committing suicide.. because people are comparing them to murderers...

How can you say that being in love is a sin? That loving someone else will send you to hell? I understand that, seeing as I am not Christian, my opinion may be overlooked, but really? According to what I know of your religion, your god loves every one of his children equally. Now, being homophobic is judging which apparently is taboo. Now to bring in my religion: according to my beliefs, love is love, whether you are homosexual, heterosexual or bisexual. To love another man/woman is cause for celebration, because he/she makes you happy and will face the world with you. So take your righteous ass and shove it.

Omg, I'm a sinner, I'll never make it to heaven. I'm SOOOO depressed.

why are gays assumed to be christians? what if two gay people are atheist and don't give a flying fuck about the rules that a god that they don't believe in "made up"? Phil the minion: you are an intolerant bastard who has no right to tell others how to live their life, whether you are backed by the bible or not. Also, it is completely unrealistic and irrelevant to compare homosexuality to murder. They may both be named "sins" by the Bible, but I once wrote a book that said that being straight was a sin so I'm so sorry but you are going to hell. You cannot claim to be tolerant while saying that gays sin because of there genes. Also, I happen to be gay and I take it very personally when you put yourself above homosexuals. GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Also, being gay is not a choice. Do you choose to feel the feelings of sexual desires you have towards the other gender? No, you don't. Those feelings are caused by the release of hormones WITHOUT YOUR CONTROL. Again, GO FUCK YOURSELF.

"God loves me for me" "God loves everyone!"
So, God should love all gays, no matter what.
His love is unconditional to his "chidren".
I personally refuse to follow the words of a simple book,
But this post is beyond ridiculous.

because killing people takes someones life you dumbass? and send them to heaven or hell before they were ready? and did it ever say specifically in the bible that being gay IS a sin?

@BaconIsGoodForMe because killing people takes someones life you dumbass? and send them to heaven or hell before they were ready? and...

Yes

In 1 Corinthians 6:9, which states:

Phil, enough people have disagreed with you already. Back off.

Will God judge me for loving or you for hating?

Meekos avatar Meeko No Way +2Reply

You're a fucking idiot, posts like this make me sick.
Go fucking die, you homophobic, religious cunt.

@thecatcherintherye You're a fucking idiot, posts like this make me sick. Go fucking die, you homophobic, religious cunt.

You know what makes me sick? The fact that there are people like you, moralless, idiotic, sinners.

@scrantoncity Look it up.

It is a sin: "So whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them; for this is the law and the prophets." (Matthew 7:12 RSV).

@fEMMAnist It is a sin: "So whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them; for this is the law and the prophets."...

I would like to be called that. And no doubt I have been called that.

Lol jk. But we all get carried away during arguments, and even I cannot refrain from scathing comments.

But isn't it a little hypocritical of you for condemning my insults?

@scrantoncity You know what makes me sick? The fact that there are people like you, moralless, idiotic, sinners.

I have many morals. None of which involve respect for bible-bashers on the internet. Secondly, I would rather sin my whole life and support gays than spend one second of it trying to please some homophobic, disgusting religion.@678765 (scrantoncity):

@thecatcherintherye I have many morals. None of which involve respect for bible-bashers on the internet. Secondly, I would rather sin...

What constitutes a moral? Abstaining from murdering an entire race. You should be proud, no doubt.

I don't care if you lack respect, that doesn't mean you can be disrespectful. It just makes you seem like a half-wit with no morals.

Tell me one thing; why SHOULD gays be allowed to marry? Marriage, as defined by nearly every religion, and it's base definition, is a bonding between a man and his wife.

There's no need for gay people to choose to be gay, for it IS a choice.

@679301

First of all, it is a choice. Why wouldn't it be? We choose to be nice, mean, annoyed, tired, hardworking, shy. Or at least, suppress the small part opposing that. It stands to reason that being gay is also a choice.

Secondly, where did marriage come from? Our Creator, the Biblical God. Whom did He design marriage for? A man and a woman. Government has no say in religious matters like marriage.

@scrantoncity First of all, it is a choice. Why wouldn't it be? We choose to be nice, mean, annoyed, tired, hardworking, shy. Or...

I didn't choose to be white, I didn't choose to have brown hair, I didn't choose to have brown eyes, and I didn't choose to be straight just like a gay didn't choose to be gay.

@BoyBoy5BoyBoy I didn't choose to be white, I didn't choose to have brown hair, I didn't choose to have brown eyes, and I didn't...

I chose to wear s red shirt today, I chose to do my homework, I chose to be happy, I chose to like procrastinating. I choose to be straight just like a gay guy chooses to be gay

@fEMMAnist So choose to be gay right now and prove that you can change.

Nah, I'd rather not sin. But I could. Also note that lying is a sin.

So either A: I really believe I could change (put your money on this option) or B: I express the epitome of hypocrisy (This is the bad option.)

the bible has been censored and miss-translated and altered hundreds of times

@the bible has been censored and miss-translated and altered hundreds of times

Your post had been false and contains misspellings. For it's entire life.

@Amish_Allosaurus You're using an iPhone?

@679393 (Phil_The_Minion):

Sorry, long debate. Here's what I think:

We shouldn't judge gay people, because being gay doesn't make you a bad person. Being gay is just an ASPECT of your personality. It doesn't even need to be brought up. On the other hand, being gay still isn't something to be proud of. God will ALWAYS forgive if you truly repent, but if people live their lives like being gay is their right (when it's simply a chemical imbalance in the brain) how will they even repent? Most people aren't sorry for being gay. They don't even try to change it. And yes, A LOT of people convince themselves that they're bi nowadays (and don't try telling me otherwise).

The trouble with blatantly sexual people is that they ruin it for people who truly can't help being gay, who were born that way and deserve respect rather than judgement. I don't think being gay is a reason to condemn someone. Leave the judging to God. But I don't think it should be treated as regular.

Reading all these comments would be like reading a book.

And guys, calling someone a moron, and the calling yourself a Christian. Come on:) That's not gonna get you anywhere. I think this is a reasonable debate without getting personal.

Dude, to be honest, I think pedophilia would have made a better example than murder. Or beastiality. Pedophiles might also say they're in love with the children they touch and furries tend to humanize the animals they love, giving them names and stuff. Pedophilia has an excuse that it's love and pedophiles can't help who they lust after. They can't help who they have feelings for.
The difference is, gay people are two consenting adults. Kids are too young to understand what's going on or the emotional impact it might have. They are usually unwilling to be involved with adults, but some kids think they're in love with the men or women they get involved with, or think they're relationship is perfectly vaild.
I'm not saying pedophiles are the same as homosexuals, pedo's are sick people. I'm just saying, this would have made a better argument than murder.

Man... all you bible bashers are inconsiderate idiots. By advertising that the Bible is all lies and God is not real, you're no better than Jehovah's Witness.
Who's to say God isn't real. I myself don't believe in God, but I don't completely dismiss the idea. What if there is some overbeing watching us all? After all, the Bible is just man's interpretation of what happened... it could all be wrong.
So quit harassing this guy and let him continue with his beliefs.

@notlinkin Man... all you bible bashers are inconsiderate idiots. By advertising that the Bible is all lies and God is not...

I'm not harassing him because he's a Christian. Even if God were real, he gave people free will for a reason. If people want to live in sin, so be it-- they have that right.

Under most circumstances lots of this people wouldn't interfere at all, but this guy here is declaring hate on homosexuals which is clearly very hurting... Other then that I see your point and agree with you and way to many people are commenting in a very immature way.

The bible says to love everyone equally too. And there is story about how Jesus said no one has the right to judge someone else unless they were without sin. As everyone has done something wrong in their life, lied etc, none of us can say what someone else is doing is wrong.

@alyrawrr The bible says to love everyone equally too. And there is story about how Jesus said no one has the right to judge...

I never said I hate them, I said they were sinning. There is a difference between judging and telling someone they are sinning. Judging: "You are such a bad person! I would never do that! I can't believe you would do that!" Telling someone they're sinning: "If you don't stop sinning and turn to Jesus, you will go to hell.". And yes, everyone has sinned, but the difference is that I (and all the other Christians) have repented, and turnedto Jesus, they haven't.

@Amish_Allosaurus I never said I hate them, I said they were sinning. There is a difference between judging and telling someone they...

Okay. But you are judging them by saying gay people as a majority do not love God or believe in him. This is unfair. And Jesus died for our sins on the cross to take them away. He loves everyone equally, no matter their sexual choices.

@alyrawrr Okay. But you are judging them by saying gay people as a majority do not love God or believe in him. This is...

I'm not judging, they can say they love God, but if they're gay, they are going against him.

@Amish_Allosaurus I'm not judging, they can say they love God, but if they're gay, they are going against him.

Any act of sin is against God. You have sinned too so you have also gone against God. No one is any better or worse. God loves them and made them the way they are for a purpose.

@Amish_Allosaurus But they won't turn from their sin, that's the difference.

If God wanted them to be different he would have made them a different way is all I am saying. And the bible says to love everyone as you love yourself and your God. You need to accept everyone for who they are, even if you do not respect their choices.

@alyrawrr If God wanted them to be different he would have made them a different way is all I am saying. And the bible says...

That's like saying, "this guy mudered my wife, and he never said sorry, but I'm supposed to love him, because the Bible said to!" Love the sinner, hate the sin.

@Amish_Allosaurus That's like saying, "this guy mudered my wife, and he never said sorry, but I'm supposed to love him, because the...

And yeah, that's the bible does say to do. When someone hits you turn the other cheek. Even when someone sins and hurts you are supposed to forgive them despite whether or not they are sorry about it.

@Amish_Allosaurus facepalm what does turning the other cheek have to do with gays?

Just one more thing. Christians with harsh opinions just like this are the reason some many people think all Christians are just a bunch of a judgmental close minded jerks. You are ignoring God's real plan for the world and just following the Bible as if it is a bunch of rules.

(Phil_The_Minion):Never mind.I'm done here. A million people could argue with you and obviously you wouldn't change your opinion at all.

Did you REALLY just compare being gay to murdering someone? WOW. Jesus-freak.

@681014

ME!?! I give Christians a bad name? No, the "Christians" who believe in evolution give us a bad name. The "Christians" who are for gay rights give us a bad name. The "Christians" who swear give us a bad name. The "Christians" who have pre-marital sex give us a bad name. The "Christians" who say they don't believe all the Bible give us a bad name. If that's what "Christians" is these days, I'm just gonna start calling myself a "Follower of Christ".

@681956

OH! Well excuse me, I didn't know you went to church! God will let you into heaven for sure! Because it says right in the Bible, in the book of Madeupcrap in verse 7, that "He who goes to church will gain access to heaven, because all God cares about is if you went to church, not if you had a relationship with Him, and believed in Jesus."

@683364

You can think that, but once you go to hell, you'll be screaming "Why didn't I listen!?!?"

@683417

When did I spew swear smilie in your face?

@683442

No, answer my question, when did I spew crap in you face?

Murdering affects others. Not only the person who's life is being taken, but their family, friends etc. Homosexuality doesn't affect anyone.

PS. I'm a Christian, and I still think this is the dumbest post I've seen in a while.

Wait. So what if two Athiests were gay and in love. They obviously don't care that it's a sin, so why should we? It's YOUR belief that they shouldn't be gay, not theirs. You really have no right to tell them that it's a sin, because I'm sure at least one person has told them that before. Telling someone that something they did is a sin, is judging. You are no less of a Christian for loving someone who is the same sex as you, you are less of a Christian to stop someone from loving.

Also, I'm not Agnostic, so could you please explain to me why being gay is a sin. I know that Jesus said so, but beyond that why? Why did Jesus say it was a sin? What makes loving someone the same sex as you a sin?

You have every right to be a Christian, but there's a difference between following blindly and actually believing. I think you need to pay more attention to the line between them. No offense intended by that either, just my opinion.

ok murder and homosexuality are too very different things. my killing someone your taking there life and hurting everyone around them and who ever knew them. but by liking a person of the same gender as yourself your not hurting a single person. so why can't we let them love who they wish. one of my best friends is bisexual and if she feel in love with another girl i would stand behind her 100% because she would be happy. isn't that what we all want is for everyone to be happy? regardless of your religion, race, gender, age, looks everyone should be happy and if loving someone is what makes you happy go and love them. people who still go around saying that its wrong and a sin are the ones in the wrong. i'm not religious myself but if there is a god up there wouldn't he forgive the person for having the guts to stand up for what they felt. he wouldn't hate a person for who they love. just because it says homosexuality is wrong in the bible doesn't mean it is. yes it was wrong per say

@Bethanytheravenclaw ok murder and homosexuality are too very different things. my killing someone your taking there life and hurting...

when the bible was written but times have changed and its more widely excepted. so just because its in the bible doesn't mean its right in todays culture and times. if we are able to except the fact that women are people and can vote which in the time of the bible was just as absurd an idea as being gay. why can't we let someone love someone else regardless of their gender?

@Bethanytheravenclaw when the bible was written but times have changed and its more widely excepted. so just because its in the bible...

I agree with you. People also once sacrificed animals and obviously don't do that anymore. Times have changed and the one thing God really wanted people to follow was to love everyone equally.

@alyrawrr I agree with you. People also once sacrificed animals and obviously don't do that anymore. Times have changed and...

exactly! that was what was normal in that day and age so thats why it was written. i go to a catholic school and they are always trying to get across the message we should love everyone equally. if there is a god up there he's not going to look at someone and go overall he was a great person never once did a bad thing might as well be saint but he fell in love with another man so its hell for him. thats just not what would happen.

@scrantoncity You don't know your Bible.

yeah ive never bothered to pick one up. but i do go to a catholic school and i was a leader at a vacation bible school. so i do know a good amount about Catholicism.

@Bethanytheravenclaw yeah ive never bothered to pick one up. but i do go to a catholic school and i was a leader at a vacation bible...

I don't care how much you know about your religion. Do you know your Bible? No, you do not. What you've said is that your Catholic school expresses the belief that we should love everyone. Well, for all you know, they could just be making that up.

Get a Bible.
Read it.
Learn from it.

@scrantoncity I don't care how much you know about your religion. Do you know your Bible? No, you do not. What you've said is...

it's not my religion i don't believe in anything. i might one day pick up the bible and read it but i might not to. i really don't care to learn to much about religion but i also believe we should all know at least a little about each religion.

@Bethanytheravenclaw it's not my religion i don't believe in anything. i might one day pick up the bible and read it but i might not to...

Why then would you theorize what God would or wouldn't do? You don't even have any insight, so why guess?

@scrantoncity Why then would you theorize what God would or wouldn't do? You don't even have any insight, so why guess?

i didn't say i know nothing. my best friend is hugely religious so she does tell me a lot and i have taken religion class.

@Bethanytheravenclaw i didn't say i know nothing. my best friend is hugely religious so she does tell me a lot and i have taken religion...

But have you even read the Bible voluntarily? You don't know squat. The entire New Testament is an explanation that everyone is a sinner, and the only way to escape eternal damnation is to accept salvation offered by Jesus Christ. Believe it or not, homosexuality IS a sin. And it WILL keep you out of heaven, unless you repent.

Times have changed, God has not, the Bible says "He is the same yesterday, today, and forever." and about how they used to sacrifice animals, the reason we don't do that anymore is because Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice.

@Amish_Allosaurus Times have changed, God has not, the Bible says "He is the same yesterday, today, and forever." and about how they...

You are missing the big picture. I can see that you aren't going to be convinced that gay people are no worse than anyone else. They have such courage to stand up to world that despises them. God loves them. And God doesn't want someone to be cruel to any of his people.

@alyrawrr You are missing the big picture. I can see that you aren't going to be convinced that gay people are no worse than...

I'm not saying that they are not as important as 'normal' people. What I am saying is that if the truly loved Jesus, they would want to get as far away from sin as they could, they wouldn't want to get as close to the line as they could, without crossing it.

Wait, the world despises them? The only ones opposing gay marriage are zealous Christians, who don't despise anyone. We'll try to show them that it's a sin, but ultimately we'll convince very few.

Honestly, in my opinion, gay people are very weak-minded. For choosing that abominable path.
But, there's nothing to be done about that.

@scrantoncity Wait, the world despises them? The only ones opposing gay marriage are zealous Christians, who don't despise...

Okay, I worded that poorly. What I meant is that they have to deal with tons of people harassing and hurting them. It's not justifiable to be so disrespectful to group of people, no matter if someone thinks they have made a wrong decision or not.

@alyrawrr Okay, I worded that poorly. What I meant is that they have to deal with tons of people harassing and hurting them...

Oh, so we should condone sins? That is a great path to take.

Oh he murders? It's okay! We're supposed to forgive that and give him a gun in a room full of people whom he hates! No worries, I trust him.

@scrantoncity Oh, so we should condone sins? That is a great path to take. Oh he murders? It's okay! We're supposed to...

There is a HUGE difference between someone being gay and killing people. There are people who are born gay, they can't help it. Why should they give up their happiness just because there is bunch of homophobics who can't handle the truth? No one is telling you to change the way you were born, so stop telling other people to.

@alyrawrr There is a HUGE difference between someone being gay and killing people. There are people who are born gay, they...

Read the post. What if murder makes him happy?

Being gay is a choice. You keep acting like it's inherent. It doesn't line up with the Bible, OR evolution. Either way you believe it's a choice.
You act like they're being oppressed or something. They're not. Seriously. It's like black people think they are being oppressed. Sorry, it's just not the case.

@scrantoncity Read the post. What if murder makes him happy? Being gay is a choice. You keep acting like it's inherent. It...

Being gay is not always a choice. Some people are just born that way. And someone having a different sexual preference and some person who enjoys killing others is very different. I don't understand why you think two people of the same gender liking each other is as bad as murder. Obviously they are not the same thing.

@alyrawrr Being gay is not always a choice. Some people are just born that way. And someone having a different sexual...

Murder still doesn't affect you, personally, until someone you know is killed.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. I believe being gay is a choice, and you believe it isn't. No one can say, factually, that it is one way.

@scrantoncity Murder still doesn't affect you, personally, until someone you know is killed. We're going to have to agree to...

Okay. I'm still confused over why you keep comparing being gay and murder. Being gay doesn't hurt anyone. Murder ruins lives.

@alyrawrr Okay. I'm still confused over why you keep comparing being gay and murder. Being gay doesn't hurt anyone. Murder...

You still never told me how it affects you. Because it doesn't. See why that argument is invalid?

Also, sorry. Had to continue. Religion-wise, I think homosexuality was forbidden in all three religions simply because it goes against the nature of continuing human life (on account of how two people of the same gender can't breed and all) and because it did increase chances of diseases, all things considered.

Just for the record. I'm Muslim, so I believe in God and the Bible as well as the Quran anyway. Mostly, I believe in tolerance.

Hahahahahahahaha the bible isn't real you stupid fucking faggots. Get a life, god isn't real either. Everything has been scientifically proven that human beings came here by biogenetic mutations over billions of years. Each animal/species is in one way or another connected through genes but has had certain genes mutated to adapt to it's envrironment/lifestyle.

People who are homosexual were born with certain genes that have made them like their own sex. It's not that they can choose to be gay, it's in their head from the beggining of their life.

So shut the fuck up, Christians are fucking dumb.

Thanks.

@Hahahahahahahaha the bible isn't real you stupid fucking faggots. Get a life, god isn't real either. Everything has...

I get what you're trying to say, but if calling someone a "stupid fucking faggot" and telling them that "Christians are fucking dumb" is not going to help you get your point across. Not everyone who believes in God is intolerant.

@Amish_Allosaurus What proof do you have that it's genetic.

I don't know who this Anon is, but I have a speech on this for my debate class, so I can supply evidence. This is from Time Magazine. "National Cancer Institute's Laboratory of Biochemistry reported in the journal Science that families of 76 gay men included a much higher proportion of homosexual male relatives than found in the general population. Intriguingly, almost all the disproportion was on the mother's side of the family. That prompted the researchers to look at the chromosomes that determine gender, known as X and Y. Men get an X from their mother and a Y from their father; women get two X's, one from each parent. Inasmuch as the family trees suggested that male homosexuality may be inherited from mothers, the scientists zeroed in on the X chromosome."

A better way to state that would be to say. It would be to say that since God is perfect and cannot be around imperfection, any sin, no matter what size we perceiv it as, can seperate us from Him forever. Whether that sin be a lie, homosexuality, murder, whatever.
So that's all I have to say for now. Thanks for reading all this, whether u agree or disagree, God bless, have a great week!

Peopel are so worried over Gay Rights, but what will happen to Straight Rights? We can't treat everyone the same because then we lose sight of what humans truly are: Different.

Ok, I can't reply to every single post that id like to on here, so let me just state my opinion, not like a stuck up jerk, but just tell u what I think. I am a Christian. I believe being gay is a choice, as well as a sin. The reasons that I believe being gay is a choice. 1. My best friend was nearly turned gay. But he knew it was wrong. And as difficult as it was for him, after praying and seeking God, and help from nice, loving Christians, not rude, judging snotty ones, he was his normal self again. 2. I don't believe the God I know would claim something that could not be changed as unholy and sinful.
But I also believe something else. Something that a lot more Christian, who are suppossed to be here to show others Gods love, need to realize. Gays are still people. They've messed up, but so have any of us. There's no need to treat them like 2nd class humans.
Another thing, I've seen some posts on here abt ppl being confused as to how all. Sins could possibly be equal...I guess...

@Ok, I can't reply to every single post that id like to on here, so let me just state my opinion, not like a stuck...

(Jesus>I): 1. You can suppress you feeling but you can't get rid of them.
2. You cannot change the fact that you want to hurt people when you are angry even though that is a sin. Many sins are inherent. Greed is inherent, jealous is inherent, lust is inherent. So clearly the God of Christian scriptures does indeed claim that things that cannot be changed are unholy and sinful.

1 Corinthians 6:9, states:

HOMOSEXUALS ARE IN THAT LIST.

If someone accidentally killed someone, (say they were holding a knife and they tripped, whatever) and then they felt horrible about it, and wished it never happened, would God forgive them?
Gay people are kinda similar, they didn't choose to be gay, and they can't change it at all. Even if they try, they can't become straight. They can be very sorry, they can beg God for forgiveness and truly wish they weren't gay, but they'd still be gay... It's not their fault, so I don't think it's correct to blame them...

@Amish_Allosaurus Only if they don't act on their desires.

Alright, now I think I understand. So it's the actually having homosexual relationships/sex that's the sin or whatever, right?

@Rainbow35 Alright, now I think I understand. So it's the actually having homosexual relationships/sex that's the sin or...

I mean, if I want to steal something, it's not a sin, but if I do steal it, it would be a sin. Also, if you want to steal/be gay, it could mean that there is something deep down in your heart that need to be dealt with.

Let's say that they acted on their desires before they knew that it was a sin, what then?

@HitGirl Let's say that they acted on their desires before they knew that it was a sin, what then?

If they repent, and turn away from that sin and turn to Jesus, yes.

*posts

If you don't repent your sins you will not get into Heaven. I don't care how much you believe in God/Jesus or how little you think your sins are. Telling a lie and not repenting will get you into Hell. Being gay and not repenting will get you into Hell. Thinking lustful thoughts about a married person who you're not married too and not repenting will get you into Hell. And for these Christians who claim they believe in the bible...well obviously they don't because it states QUITE CLEARLY throughout the bible these very things.

@677550

The Bible doesn't say the love is bad, just the sex and lust. So, theoretically if two gay people got some type of surgery or took a drug that made it impossible for them to get horny,feel lust or arrousal it wouldn't be sinful. Of course, not many people would agree to that anyway.

@677652

Well, people believe that it defies the way God intended or goes against nature. But God's the one that made them that way. It's not a choice: why would someone choose to be ridiculed, never be able to have natural children(okay some people might like that) and hated by people who don't know them just because of who they are?
Some people think it's because they're being tested or tempted and chose wrong, but seriously, how can you "choose" when to get an erection? It's not a choice who or what turns you on (okay, maybe if you tried really hard).
Other people think it's because gay people weren't meant to marry or fall in love or have children, just stay single. If that's the case, wouldn't God just give them a body with a low sex drive?
Anyway, this isn't exactly what I think, but these are some arguments I've heard from other people.

@If you don't repent your sins you will not get into Heaven. I don't care how much you believe in God/Jesus or how...

But it only mentions homosexuality twice that I've seen and Jesus never said anything about being gay one way or the other. And how can you just stop being gay? It's like if you stop being straight. Some people say being gay means you weren't meant to marry because otherwise God would have made you lust for people of the opposite gender, but can't you understand how hard it is to accept that you can't fall in love and be happy like everyone else? They don't get a say in it, they get criticized and hurt for it and they can't fall in love? Can't you imagine how painful that would be?

Come on guys really? Don't get your panties in a twist over all this. I believe in God and yeah that's true He does say that all sins are equal. God says to love everyone, it's not up to US to judge therefore we must HATE the sin and LOVE the sinner. I don't believe that being gay is right but I'm not going to chastise them for being gay because I've done my fair share of sins too. The Bible says before you look at the stone in another man's eye, look at the log in yours meaning: before you judge someone else for their wrong doing, look at all the things you've done.

@mutantdustbunnies Come on guys really? Don't get your panties in a twist over all this. I believe in God and yeah that's true He...

Unlike the OP, at least you calmly and nicely stated your opinion. And although I disagree with you, I'll respect you.

I've done my share of sins to, but the difference is that I repent, and and realize that I sinned. Also, telling someone that they're sinning is "Please unless you repent and turn to Jesus, you'll die and go to hell." judging is "You are such a bad person! I would never do that! I can't believe you do such bad things."

Freaking! Who homepaged this? I don't want post that most people disagree with on the homepage. Now it's gonna get like -174

An no, being gay is not a lesser sin than murder, God says all sins are equal.

Amish_Allosauruss avatar Amish_Allosaurus Yeah You Are -13Reply
@Galileo Noah's Ark.

It's the same as the death panalty, they murdered and raped, and stole.

@Amish_Allosaurus It's the same as the death panalty, they murdered and raped, and stole.

so that makes it ok, I guess? so if someone kills a murderer, it's all good because they were enforcing a death penalty.

@Amish_Allosaurus No, Jesus' forgivness is not an excuse to sin. And Yes, the death panalty is in the Bible.

I didn't say anything about Jesus' forgiveness. And right, if the death penalty is ok with the bible, then murder is alright as long as the person is being punished, right? That's what you're implying