+224

next time someone calls you a bird brain, say thank you. Alex the African grey parrot proved that a bird brain is stupid wrong. He was a bird who could answer different questions and answer correctly. He had the brain the size of a walnut, yet he had the intelligence of a five year old child, amirite?

4 16

that may be so, but being told you're as smart as a five year old isn't exactly a compliment

@Sokkasocks97 that may be so, but being told you're as smart as a five year old isn't exactly a compliment

Well, Alex had the intelligence of a five year old, yet his brain was the size of a walnut, just imagine how smart he would be if his brain was the size of a human.

@Well, Alex had the intelligence of a five year old, yet his brain was the size of a walnut, just imagine how smart...

yes, but the BIRD BRAIN was the size of a walnut.Therefore, if you say someone has a bird brain, you're saying they have a walnut brain, and saying that they have the intelligence of a 5 year old.
...Rude.

The reason the birds brain is the size of a walnut is because its brain is proportional with the size of the birds body; the brain of a killer whale is quite large however it's not one of the more intelligent animals.

Everyone calls me a bird brain. Sadly they are true

@OnePenguin Everyone calls me a bird brain. Sadly they are true

You mean they are right? Or are you trying to be funny by using bad grammar after saying you're stupid?

RIP Alex the parrot

This would make me feel better except having the brain of a five year old child when you are not five years old is not a good thing.

Lol. Totally know what you mean and totally know that you're wrong. That bird has been conditioned a dizzying amount of tricks over it's life, but is not genuine intelligence independent of it's trainer. Cool trick, crap fact.

It was more like the intelligence of a two-year-old because he never picked up on grammar, though he knew what certain words meant and could answer questions well.
...I only know this cause I studied him a bit in a psych class.

So they say, I wonder how bird brained came to mean scatterbrained?

Ofc the black parrot is the smart one.