+25

It's funny how someone can so easily worship/praise someone who is talented but it's almost impossible for them to even consider the Creator of the Universe. amirite?

Nigglets avatar
1 14
The voters have decided that Nigglet is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Well.. the two aren't really related.. For instance, I am a huge fan of Robert Downey Jr.'s because he's an amazing actor and musician, and seems like a genuinely great person- so I will readily praise him/his work (as will many). The "Creator of the Universe" is totally different however- they are not a fellow human who had some sort of admirable skill- they are implied to be a magical being who somehow came to exist before everything else, and then proceeded to create everything we know today (without any concrete explanation to humans as to why or how). One is asking me to appreciate someone and one is asking me to blindly believe a theory of how the universe works based on faith alone. They aren't comparable things.

rowannes avatar rowanne No Way +17Reply
@rowanne Well.. the two aren't really related.. For instance, I am a huge fan of Robert Downey Jr.'s because he's an amazing...

He didn't create everything we know today. He created humanity and humanity proceeded to create.

@OnePiecepkmn He didn't create everything we know today. He created humanity and humanity proceeded to create.

Forgive me, but I assumed that "Creator of the Universe" implied that this being created the universe. I.e everything we know today.

@OnePiecepkmn I'm sorry, but he created humanity and the universe, but not buildings and cars.

.. I understand that humans are responsible for modern technology considering they built it.. that does not change the fact that religion is implying a mystical being came from nothing, then created the universe with unexplainable unlimited power.

@1859118

I will not get in a religious debate, I will not get in a religious debate

I REALLY don't want to start an argument because there is no point in trying to prove your beliefs wrong because I don't know they are wrong and we both have the right to our opinion.

With that said, though, I have one question, assuming you don't believe in God: If God didn't create this matter, and the Law of Conservation of Mass says matter cannot be created, then what did?

swimlaxs avatar swimlax Yeah You Are 0Reply

It's because we don't believe the Creator of the Universe is real...

Madies avatar Madie No Way +10Reply

I think you live in a world where everyone is Christian, Jewish, or some sort of monotheist.
Well, this is reality, and not everyone is a monotheist.

Can someone explain what the OP's trying to say?
Is this a "because people are talented, there must be a god" post? If so, why are there so many yya's? Am I missing something?

@shelbme Can someone explain what the OP's trying to say? Is this a "because people are talented, there must be a god"...

I think they're saying people are ready to praise and "follow" someone talented (like a famous actor or musician) who might be seen as bigger and better than the average person, but won't consider a god or worship one. Which doesn't really make sense to me, because one is a human being we can see and have proof of and the other is something/someone that we are "supposed" to believe in based on a very very old book. But that's just my interpretation.

We've all pretty much considered it at one point. If someone believes in something they've never even thought about, well they're a huge dumbass.

It's from a lot of thought that a person's religious beliefs come from, and with that thought there needs to be respect. I could ask you why you're delusional enough to believe in such an archaic and nonsensical fairytale for simpletons, but I don't because I know there's no possible way of knowing who's right. Thus, there's literally NO POINT in fighting over it.

people only worship what is tangible.