+371

What is having a life, really? Is it considered having a life to go out partying, getting wasted all of the time, and being the social drunk? Is it really that bad to just stay at home on the computer or watch television? What truly defines having a life? amirite?

AdonisBatheuss avatar
6 10
The voters have decided that AdonisBatheus is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

life isn't defined by what you do in your daily life, it's what you make out of it

I've never done drugs or drank alcohol, or any of the typical things that 16-year-olds do. But I absolutely love my life, and I would never want it to be any different. So, even though I spent last night alone at my house, I know that I have a great life. Who cares what everyone else thinks.

@I've never done drugs or drank alcohol, or any of the typical things that 16-year-olds do. But I absolutely love...

Good for you :) (And that's not sarcastic btw, I know that phrase is used sarcastically a lot!)

I think having 'a life' is somewhere in the middle of those two extremes.

Hahahhas avatar Hahahha Yeah You Are +2Reply

It's more dieing with no regrets. If you have no regrets of sitting then that's your choice. For example I am pretty lazy but all I want to do is make a mark on history when I grow older. A positive infuence on mankind lol

Jonesys avatar Jonesy Yeah You Are +1Reply

I think having a life is being happy and content.

NARNIAs avatar NARNIA Yeah You Are +1Reply

I think having a life means having friends and just hanging out with them, doesn't matter what you do, whether it's at home playing xbox live or sneaking out for a smoke between classes with a buddy

It's sad that you think the only option other than sitting home at your computer is going out and getting wasted... But hey, if a lack of human contact is your thing, then by all means, continue being lame! No one else is missing out, that's for sure!

@It's sad that you think the only option other than sitting home at your computer is going out and getting wasted...

I was sorta exaggerating. I've met people who think that going out every night, partying, getting wasted, etc. is having a life. And I've met people who say otherwise.

But nowhere did I state that those were the only two options. Exaggeration is a powerful tool, y'know. These aren't the only options of course, and it's sorta close-minded that you think that, honestly. Looking at what's in front of you and only taking the surface as proof for your point instead of thinking about it.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are 0Reply

I was reading posts randomly, and the post below this one just happened to say, "Life isn't about finding yourself, life's about creating yourself."