+263

It annoys the hell out of me when people say 'i wish my parents were divorced so i could have two Christmases'. It's not worth it, especially if the divorce is ugly, amirite?

Person123abcs avatar
1 17
The voters have decided that Person123abc is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

My parents are divorced and I would give up the extra gifts in a heartbeat to actually have a real family instead of a shitty, broken one.

K4ITs avatar K4IT Yeah You Are +15Reply

How about I wish my parents were divorced so I won't be living in hell anymore.

@How about I wish my parents were divorced so I won't be living in hell anymore.

Why is this voted down?
Sometimes they really DO need to be separated.
When both of my parents lived in the same house the tension was tangible.

@Shugah Why is this voted down? Sometimes they really DO need to be separated. When both of my parents lived in the same...

Yeah, my friend's parents are pretty much staying together for her. It bothers her, because they're both having her keep secrets.

@sighcantthinkofaname Yeah, my friend's parents are pretty much staying together for her. It bothers her, because they're both having her...

It's stupid to "stay together for her" if they just continue to act as if everything is wrong. It would probably be better that they separate so that the tension is eventually released instead of constantly building. Especially if they put it on her with secrets and such.

It's even more annoying when one of your parents dies and you're spending that first Christmas without them there while selfish ingrate punks wish for separation

..two christmases?

qwerty123s avatar qwerty123 Yeah You Are +5Reply

It's amazing how they're incredibly jealous of me since I get two. Yet I envy them for having a really big family who are together and actually manage to get by.

so true. And its annoying that they assume I get two christmases. My parents live in different states. Trust me, a broken family isn't worth a few extra presents

cheshire_cats avatar cheshire_cat Yeah You Are +3Reply

I've never really gotten that...
I've just assumed you would get less because the money isn't together and they're each having to pay for their own bills rather than splitting the cost (two houses costs more than one).

@1653701

Sometimes parents are better off separated. I think divorce is better than a miserable, sorry, unhappy, abusive marriage especially if there are kids involved because they're affected by all this negative environment.

@Sometimes parents are better off separated. I think divorce is better than a miserable, sorry, unhappy, abusive...

I think she meant horrible to want divorce for the sake of gifts. My parents are separated and my mom wants my dad back and I think it's a horrible idea. I agree, divorce can be a necessary evil

lilalas avatar lilala Yeah You Are 0Reply

I wished for my parents to be separated when I was ten so that I wouldn't have to deal with he fighting anymore......but they didn't, and they're still fighting......eleven years later...