jasmineee123s avatar
24 45

he also directed harry potter!

Pics or the indians didn't discover america

It's all about point of view. To those already living in America, he didn't discover it, obviously. But to his homeland, he had discovered something new.

What's funny is that he discovered it by accident, and thought he had discovered a faster route to Asia, not a new land..He thought that until he died.

I agreed with this post until the "Well played sir"
Not hating, but it sounded like such a cliche ending from MLIA, and I don't feel the tone of the preceeding part of the post fits the ending. Like, it feels as if it begins all bitter and against Columbus, and then "Hey man! Good Job!"
What?

@jaimiee16 It's all about point of view. To those already living in America, he didn't discover it, obviously. But to his...

"Well played, sir" has been around longer than MLIA. We shouldn't give that site so much credit.

@SalientK "Well played, sir" has been around longer than MLIA. We shouldn't give that site so much credit.

Well, Sure. It obviously wasn't created by MLIA, (and also wasn't my focus point in the previous comment) but you can't deny that it is highly used on that website and that many of those members eventually trasfer over here. So, yup, still sounds like MLIA to me.

@jaimiee16 Well, Sure. It obviously wasn't created by MLIA, (and also wasn't my focus point in the previous comment) but you...

You should probably spend less time on MLIA, because I don't associate that phrase with that site in any kind of way. But I guess it's all perspective. :P

@SalientK You should probably spend less time on MLIA, because I don't associate that phrase with that site in any kind of...

even though I have moved on from MLIA almost a year ago, sure :p The cliches still haven't worn off!

He just had a great publicist. Knew how to put a positive spin on anything!

Do you know how the indians came to get the land? they slaughtered the mexicans. they werent peaceful nature lovers. and columbus was attacked by the natives before he even knew they were there. i say liberals because most liberals who diss columbus are the same ones who feel we owe the native americans for stealing their land.

@xiofang Do you know how the indians came to get the land? they slaughtered the mexicans. they werent peaceful nature...

Well of course, the Natives are only human. That means they're territorial and have political boundaries, just as any other country. If someone invaded your home with guns, you might be a little offended as well.

@SalientK Well of course, the Natives are only human. That means they're territorial and have political boundaries, just as...

did u not hear wat i said. the "native" americans is an innacurate phrase because they came from asia to northamerica and killed the aztecs that lived there. guns are a more humane death than spears and sacrifice.

@SalientK So we did them I favor by killing them with guns . . . I see.

are u just a friggin retarded hippy? life involves killing its in our nature it will never go away. they attacked columbus so he killed them. who cares

i think i saw this on twitter.

@662831

Well you can't really say he had poor navigational skills when they didn't even have accurate maps back then.

I had this post O_o

Oh god you really are just a little kid listening to the liberal preachers. dont talk about stuff you know nothing about ok?

@xiofang Oh god you really are just a little kid listening to the liberal preachers. dont talk about stuff you know...

Hmm I'm struggling to see what this has to do with liberals... and btw most little kids are still told that Columbus was a good boy who set out to prove everyone wrong and unite the world. Which I guess he technically did unite the world, but he could have done it without killing everyone.

ali_ds avatar ali_d Yeah You Are +4Reply

he kinda discovered america, dumbass...

@he kinda discovered america, dumbass...

yeah but there were already people there.

jasmineee123s avatar jasmineee123 Yeah You Are +25Reply
@jasmineee123 yeah but there were already people there.

For better or worse, he started the revolution that was colonization and turned Europe's attention toward the Americas which of course was pivotal in developing the American society we live in today.

CapedCrusaders avatar CapedCrusader Yeah You Are +11Reply
@CapedCrusader For better or worse, he started the revolution that was colonization and turned Europe's attention toward the...

yeah, that's a good point
@662482 (Phil_The_Minion): that's a good point too

i would post a follow up, but i can't for some reason... so, yeah christopher columbus did have a huuge part in that stuff, it was just exaggerated for the sake of the post

jasmineee123s avatar jasmineee123 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@jasmineee123 yeah, that's a good point @662482 (Phil_The_Minion): that's a good point too i would post a follow up, but i...

I'm not a Christopher Columbus fan by any means, but I think he's one of those historical figures where the hate has gone too far. He sucks, but not THAT much. Settle down children. (This is in general, not in response to your post).

CapedCrusaders avatar CapedCrusader Yeah You Are 0Reply

YeH, and if he haddn't come here, the Indians would still be living like cavemen. (note: I am part native American.)

@662876

He's dead now. It's silly to start conflicts over events that happend long ago and involved no one alive today. Why should the hate survive when the people didn't? Wars have been fought over things like this.

@662876

Nope... I'm not saying what he did was right, but I would rather him have come here, and killed some Indians, and helped set up this great nation, than for me to be here right now, hunting for deer, wearing moccosans.

@663867

Well, I'm happy with how it turned out.

actually, native americans and vikings 'discovered' america wayyyyy before columbus. in fact, columbus only discovered islands in the Carribean area. Nothing except Puerto Rico is part of America there.

how about you stop calling people dumbass? it makes you look like a prick.

rowannes avatar rowanne Yeah You Are +10Reply
@rowanne actually, native americans and vikings 'discovered' america wayyyyy before columbus. in fact, columbus only...

The Chinese invented the printing press long before Gutenberg. Why does Gutenberg get credit? Because he popularized it and his invention has more of an impact than those before him. Remind you of anyone?

CapedCrusaders avatar CapedCrusader Yeah You Are +3Reply
@CapedCrusader The Chinese invented the printing press long before Gutenberg. Why does Gutenberg get credit? Because he...

Actually Gutemberg got the credit for the printing press because he made a cost-efficient model. The Chinese model was waaay too expensive.

But you do have a point. After all, all Gutenberg did was join together lots of already-existing inventions.

Leif Ericson 'discovered' it 500 years before Columbus. But there were still people there before him

ali_ds avatar ali_d Yeah You Are +3Reply
@ali_d Leif Ericson 'discovered' it 500 years before Columbus. But there were still people there before him

That is why we should have Leif Ericson day. :D Spongebob's got it right...

Anonymous