29 89

Animals kill each other over terroritory or over females (who they havent even mated with yet). And yes it is a huge sign we've evolved past animals if we have feelings and can adapt our world to make it safer and more conveinent for us (aka that green stuff that buys us houses and whatnot)

If you think we're so dumb go kill yourself. Humans are the smartest mammals on this planet and im kinda sick of trew huggers and idiots walking around like "we're dumb even though we can do complex math in our heads and can invent technology. But no that duck over there is just as smart or smarter than us"

UM NO BITCH NOW GO FUCK OFF YOU WORHTLESS PIECE OF OXYGEN. YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE CALLED A HUMAN BEING IF YOU THINK SUCH STUPID SHIT AS THIS.

@665392

for real. thank you lol

Lindss avatar Linds Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Animals kill each other over terroritory or over females (who they havent even mated with yet). And yes it is a...

I do agree, but for the most part we have so many useless things. I mean it does make our lives easier, but some of our advances can also be considered setbacks, because they can hurt us in a different way.

I'm not saying animals are smarter than we are, because I don't think so. I am just saying that technology doesn't always make something better.

Na mean?

haha we're not quite oxygen ;) I think we're actually carbon-based.
But I agree. We are smarter. We created technology. Yes, some of it IS useless, but obviously we're smarter. Who is ruling the world right now? We're the most powerful. We manipulated our environment [for both better and worse].
We're also more civilized and logical. Are two lions able to work out territorial issues, or at least try to, before fighting? Humans reason. We CAN reason.
So.

@Katffro haha we're not quite oxygen ;) I think we're actually carbon-based. But I agree. We are smarter. We created...

You and every other human being on earth are compromised mainly of Oxygen (65%) and then 2nd most of Carbon (18%). I thought it was Carbon too but my biology teacher taught us otherwise. If you think about the human body is 70% water and water by mass is comprised 8/9 of oxygen so it makes sense. So he/she insult piece of oxygen does make some sense, even though personally i think piece of shit or waste of oxygen would make more sense.

@Linds We CAN reason...but do we always? No.

that still doesn't defeat her point. The sole capability of reason and creating logically coherent thoughts is what separates human's intelligence from that of an animals. Even if not every human reasons her argument is still valid.

@mouse4216 that still doesn't defeat her point. The sole capability of reason and creating logically coherent thoughts is what...

Animals are capable of thought, just because they rely on instinct for certain things doesn't mean they dont have their own thought processes. I think the fact that we are capable of reason and rarely use it makes us unintelligent.

Lindss avatar Linds Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Linds Animals are capable of thought, just because they rely on instinct for certain things doesn't mean they dont have...

I don't know about you but everyday i use reason and just about everybody i meet on a daily bases uses reason. I didn't say animals couldn't think i only stated that humans can create logically coherent thoughts. All things are relative it doesn't make sense to say humans, as a species, are unintelligent. If we were so unintelligent we couldn't even conclude that we are unintelligent. Humans measure their intelligence compared to other animals. Humans as a species are more intelligent than animals, that's not to say some incredible intelligent individual animals are not smarter than the most unintelligent human.

@mouse4216 I don't know about you but everyday i use reason and just about everybody i meet on a daily bases uses reason. I...

Read my comment at the bottom. It's not that I dont think that some humans are capable of thinking and coming up with something intelligent. I just think as a whole the human race is stupid, we act before we think for the most part. we take for granted what really matters and put emphasis on the unimportant things in our world. We look down on other creatures because we have this extreme sense of superiority. I think society has a few things to learn.

@Linds Read my comment at the bottom. It's not that I dont think that some humans are capable of thinking and coming up...

What is instinct? Is it "[acting] before we think" as you said humans do? What do you think animals do? You think they say, "I think this watering hole is bigger than that one over there, so I will drink from this one to balance it out"? NO! They don't think!

@Tangletalon What is instinct? Is it "[acting] before we think" as you said humans do? What do you think animals do? You think...

They do think. If you have pets you know that animals think and for the most part you can tell what they're thinking. When I say we act before we think im not talking about instint, I'm talking about the fact that we speak and act before we even begin to think about the consequences or repercussions of that action.
They only thing that puts us above other animals is technology. Our ability to create it and use it is what sets us as the highest on the food chain.

Lindss avatar Linds Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Linds They do think. If you have pets you know that animals think and for the most part you can tell what they're...

Animals "...act before [they] even begin to thing about the consequences or repercussions of that action". Animals think very basic thoughts. Only a human can say, "I would, but I have three days until the party and I don't want to wear my best dress until then."

@Tangletalon Animals "...act before [they] even begin to thing about the consequences or repercussions of that action". Animals...

Im sorry but by watching the way my dog acts, it is easy to tell that he understands the consequences of his actions.
And when I say humans dont think about consequences of their actions Im not talking about something as trivial as deciding when to wear a dress.

Lindss avatar Linds Yeah You Are 0Reply

lol dude i was just bored

plus, there's no such thing as "deserving", i mean judging by my post i didn't even ask for this and i wouldn't, if i had the choice

You said that "Animals kill each other over terroritory or over females (who they havent even mated with yet)." (That's verbatim.) Well, humans definitely kill each other over territory and females. Just look at any example of colonization. There has always been death involved over land. Also, humans definitely kill each other over females that they haven't mated yet. Some people with boyfriends/girlfriends don't have sex right away, you know. That means they actually get overly obsessive/protective over females that they haven't mated.

@You said that "Animals kill each other over terroritory or over females (who they havent even mated with yet)."...

(J.): So humans do things from the animal times as well as being smart. No animal invented gunpowder because they weren't smart enough. Just because humans kill over land doesn't mean they aren't smart.

@Tangletalon (J.): So humans do things from the animal times as well as being smart. No animal invented gunpowder because they...

animals have no need for gunpowder. If they needed to have weapons other than the ones they evolved into having, like their claws and teeth, I'm sure they could find a way to make them. Sea otters will use tools for example.

Sofies avatar Sofie Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Sofie animals have no need for gunpowder. If they needed to have weapons other than the ones they evolved into having...

And humans were smart enough to need it. It is a horrible concept, but humans are the only ones smart enough to go to war enough to require gunpowder.

@Tangletalon And humans were smart enough to need it. It is a horrible concept, but humans are the only ones smart enough to go...

I'm sorry but I'm not sure I understand your logic. How is going to war enough times to require gunpowder a smart thing? That's one of the things that I find to be the most unintelligent thing that we do.

Lindss avatar Linds Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Linds I'm sorry but I'm not sure I understand your logic. How is going to war enough times to require gunpowder a smart...

It's not the number of times, it's the scale of the war. And you need to be smart to orginize the army, give them orders, etc. etc. "War" is a concept that only smart people can understand, and by "smart people" I mean "human beings". Animals fight all the time, but they don't have the power to take control over so many animals.

@Tangletalon It's not the number of times, it's the scale of the war. And you need to be smart to orginize the army, give them...

I'm sorry but I dont consider war to smart in any way. Yeah a single person can be smart enough to manipulate people into thinking that fighting and killing for peace is a good idea, but that doesn't mean war itself is smart. Animals may not take control of other animals, but they do claim territory in the same way we do.

Lindss avatar Linds Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Linds I'm sorry but I dont consider war to smart in any way. Yeah a single person can be smart enough to manipulate...

This is my point: Animals would go to war if they could. They fight over territory all the time. They aren't smart enough to organize such a large scale attack. They fight just as viciously, if not more so, as humans. They just don't have numbers.

This post is going to be very controversial.

nowayitsjessis avatar nowayitsjessi Yeah You Are +5Reply
@nowayitsjessi This post is going to be very controversial.

I can just see that one girl who was on here last week saying that Humans are too smart to be animals reading this...

Prosopagnosias avatar Prosopagnosia Yeah You Are +4Reply
@nowayitsjessi Haha. The one about "HUMANS AND BUGS ARE NOT ANIMALS"?

Yeah, I can just imagine it now... "YU ALLL R SOO STOOPED! HUMENS ARETE SMARTST SPECES EVR! OK YA KNO WUT? IM NT TAKING TO YU NO MORE OK? YUR ALL JUST A BUNCH OF IDOITS!!!1!!!1111!!1!!!1"

Prosopagnosias avatar Prosopagnosia Yeah You Are +3Reply

We are smart, but stupid in many ways. We cannot have the foresight of the oncoming environmental problems going on in our own planet and rather keep busy with economic bullshit.

We also are ignorant on the intellectuality of many other species. If public would take the time to learn more about Biology and the adaptive nature, along with the specific functions of the Animal Kingdom and how we adapt to IT rather than IT adapting to US, we would be a little more respectful. But NO. We won't.

We're going downhill. We're getting too cocky about this whole "We're awesome" ideology screwed into peoples brains.

rockerman1080s avatar rockerman1080 Yeah You Are +4Reply
@rockerman1080 We are smart, but stupid in many ways. We cannot have the foresight of the oncoming environmental problems going on...

Adding to that: Ever heard the saying "Whatever goes up must come down" ?

Yeah. It's true. Historically AND Scientifically. Our overpopulation and poor environmental choices make us logically BOUND to plunge down.

rockerman1080s avatar rockerman1080 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@rockerman1080 yeah, i'm betting 30-40 more years :P

I don't even want to think about how much longer we might have. It's scary thinking that my future children might have to walk around wearing gas masks.

Prosopagnosias avatar Prosopagnosia Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Prosopagnosia I don't even want to think about how much longer we might have. It's scary thinking that my future children might...

Yes, it is a scary thought, me being a teenager I am afraid that I won't be able to do what I want to do because, well maybe it won't exist anymore. Maybe before i'm even through studies our circumstances would become so severe that our job choices will be ridiculously limited and who knows what else, travelling freedom deprived, etc...

Seriously, the only way to stop that future is to change our mindset. And we ARE doing it. But still too slowly. I applaud everyone making an effort to change the world's environmental standing, and I personally am trying to help as much as possible. One step can go a long way.

rockerman1080s avatar rockerman1080 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@rockerman1080 Yes, it is a scary thought, me being a teenager I am afraid that I won't be able to do what I want to do because...

I fear this newcoming of great technology. I wish I had lived in a time like the mid 1900's, so by now, I would already be doing whatever it is I wanted to, and I'd have a nice family and everything.

I hate how blind people are. Maybe when the sky's no longer blue from pollution and a ton of other crap we've produced, then we'll realize what we've trapped ourselves into. But by then, it'll most likely be too late. Then who knows what? We're no where near discovering an alternative planet, and if there was one, then how far away will it be? And how many people could come along?

I just wish we would throw out the truth to people and tell them that if we don't pull ourselves together, then we'll only shorten our expiration date.

Prosopagnosias avatar Prosopagnosia Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Prosopagnosia I fear this newcoming of great technology. I wish I had lived in a time like the mid 1900's, so by now, I would...

Very true. We do throw out the truth to people, it's just that its PEOPLE. Like EVERYONE. It's near impossible to get everyone to listen for a cause. But this cause is the most important because our future literally depends on it. So the only way to change is to keep telling and keep spreading the word over and over... and I don't think we are saying enough.

@rockerman1080 Very true. We do throw out the truth to people, it's just that its PEOPLE. Like EVERYONE. It's near impossible to...

So true. We're always trying to convince people of our inevitable future, but the problem is that NO ONE wants to believe that the human race is well... damned pretty much. I don't mean to Hell or anything, but if we don't get any better, then we might as well say we live in Hell.

I feel so sorry for the generation of teenagers and children who won't have as bright of a future as their parents did. I'm only fifteen, and I'm scared out of my wits of how much more damage we could do in a few years time.

yah just stare into a panda's eyes...he's got to be deep in thought...

Other animals kill each other over territory and supremacy, mates, food and a ton of other stuff.
And I don't get the "Aren't we the ones who suffer obesity and hunger even though we have no limits to what we eat?" part.

@fangirl12 Other animals kill each other over territory and supremacy, mates, food and a ton of other stuff. And I don't get...

lol wow i just posted this in the morning after a weird dream and now 22 NEW COMMENTS AND HOMEPAGED once i got home from school. chill out guys.

that part means that we can have absolutely anything we want to eat in the entire world, because of such power, and there are still people who die of hunger and people who die of too much food. wouldn't a smart species be too smart to have those problems?

@lol wow i just posted this in the morning after a weird dream and now 22 NEW COMMENTS AND HOMEPAGED once i got home...

A kid in school can be smart, maybe the smartest in the class. Doesn't mean they can solve ALL of the problems, it just means they prevail.

@Katffro A kid in school can be smart, maybe the smartest in the class. Doesn't mean they can solve ALL of the problems, it...

but no one thinks FEW humans are smart, they think the species is smart as a whole. besides, wouldn't they help each other if they were smart enough to solve the problems themselves?

"No limits to what we eat." Wait...what? I'm pretty sure there are many limitations the human digestive system possesses.

And lol@meaningless feelings. Who needs that shit anyway.

@SillyBanana "No limits to what we eat." Wait...what? I'm pretty sure there are many limitations the human digestive system...

lol i meant limits as in catching/picking/growing, all food that we would ever want can be ours, healthy or not.

@lol i meant limits as in catching/picking/growing, all food that we would ever want can be ours, healthy or not.

There are limits, however. Geographical limitations are probably the biggest ones. Not everyone can go plow the corn fields. There's also territorial issues, which might I add, we share in common with most animals.

@SillyBanana There are limits, however. Geographical limitations are probably the biggest ones. Not everyone can go plow the...

uuughh i'm not into details, you know. i just made the post because it was nagging at my head, i don't really care that much about how stupid humans are.

i was actually talking about the species as a whole. like how man can get anything he want and enslave any other animal species and put it in cages, not A man, not SOME man, but MAN, as in HUMAN, as in HUMAN SPECIES.

@uuughh i'm not into details, you know. i just made the post because it was nagging at my head, i don't really care...

Using caps to emphasize your points just makes you look like a jerk.

All I'm doing is refuting your points because although I believe some of the context is true, the extent of which it is, I think, is a bit exaggerated.

@SillyBanana Using caps to emphasize your points just makes you look like a jerk. All I'm doing is refuting your points because...

yeah, im angry because of all these negative comments you guys made while i was at school. dont home page me if it's such a bad idea, jeez.

i was just explaining that i did not at all mean every single individual that makes up the human species! so stop using those examples to counter my post.

sure, it's exaggerated. of course it is. no one says anything literally these days, so it's best not to assume they'd done it

@yeah, im angry because of all these negative comments you guys made while i was at school. dont home page me if...

Things aren't always homepage'd because everyone agrees with it. Furthermore, there ARE people who agreed and THEY homepage'd it (most likely). Don't tell me not to counter your post. I have every right to disagree with it and defend my place in doing so, as well as provide points to back it up. All I hear from you right now is "I can't think of a come back, so I'll just get angry at the fact you even disagreed."

You're pulling stuff from your ass now.

@SillyBanana Things aren't always homepage'd because everyone agrees with it. Furthermore, there ARE people who agreed and THEY...

psht, i was explaining how you guys are arguing my post without understand what exactly i meant; humans as a whole.

i don't even want this post now, and i CANT think of a comeback if your arguments aren't on topic

@psht, i was explaining how you guys are arguing my post without understand what exactly i meant; humans as a...

They are on topic.
Point blank: you're generalizing too much. Society as a "whole." Don't make a post if you don't want to have people converse about it and even get "off topic."

Yeah, OP, you stupid "trew hugger idiot" you =P

Personally, I think the human race as a whole is pretty unintelligent but not for the reasons the OP listed.
People in general do a lot of things that I find astounding.
Honestly for the most part i really hate people, and until we figure out how to get our shit together i'll back up anybody who thinks we are a stupid race.

@oh i had plenty more reasons, it just turned out there's a limit.....

yeah I hate that but its there for good reason, I don't want to read a post that's three pages long haha.
But it's crazy, we destroy our planet, people litter even though there are garbage cans on every freaking street corner, don't even get me started on our legal system (It's ridiculous how things that cause pain and suffering like alcohol and cigarettes are legal when something as harmless as gay marriage is illegal, and how people who bully someone into suicide cant be charged for involuntary manslaughter etc I could go on and on), we kill each other in the name of peace, we perform cruel tests on creatures that we perceive to be lesser than us just so we can have more material shit we dont need( you dont really want to get me started on animal cruelty either but people do it because for some reason they think we are the only ones with feelings, we're a selfish society that only cares about the good of ourselves rather than doing for the good of others...

Lindss avatar Linds Yeah You Are 0Reply

Yeah.... Animals have there own problems....

like eating and rolling in other thing's shit...at least we dont do that.....

@665373

And therefore we are stupid? And if there weren't any predators, bunnies would destroy the ecosystem. Humans would almost destroy the ecosystem, notice, and try to rebuild the ecosystem. Are bunnies "better" than humans because they have things that are stronger than them?

@668972

But that's just because there bunnies and therefore better than everything. Had I picked a better example, the answer would be "no".

The reason humans consider themselves the best species is because we're at the top of the food chain, plain and simple. In the grand scheme of things, that's all that really matters.

But besides you being gay, you're also wrong. The first post is right. Animals kill over trivial things all the time, humans have evolved and created governments, unbelievable invetions, and grew to understand sciences and math. I have yet to see any other species performing open heart surgery to save a childs life. Tell me humans are dumb. Srsly. SURE, we're not as civilized as we could be, but we are the smartest species on earth.

/cough.
So what about sheep? They think, "I'm thirsty!" And then they think, "hey look there's water." Then the thought kinda ends there...

Nope, I believe you're the stupid one here.

@MikePullam Nope, I believe you're the stupid one here.

yep. because torture and depression and obesity and terrorism and abortion are how smart animals are SUPPOSED to act, they don't need to stop any of this because it's all right!

animals kill each other all the time because of jelousey, they just dont have all the other things to kill each other over, if they did they would

Other animals will kill each other for no reason all the time. Also, not every country's currency is green.

This is my new favorite post(:

x4everxlove101s avatar x4everxlove101 Yeah You Are 0Reply

ur gay

Humans have lost their baser instincts, if most people were lost in a wide spanse of woods most would not know what was edible or not. Animals instinctivly know what plants they can and can not eat. Most humans do not co-exsist well with animals nor other humans. It has been proven the the average human intelligance has gone down since the time of well the caveman.

Dolphins are sex-crazed maniacs. Look it up. They are also almost as smart as humans. Humans aren't stupid, smartness is stupid, assuming you assume that "smart" animals like humans and dolphins are stupid. Think about that. "Smartness is stupid." That is just so stupid I can't believe it. Obviously then, we are smart.

I hate everything about your pos, I mean would you rather have no humans at all... It is so annoying when people think the human race is so horrible and we need to be more like nature and stuff. We are extremely smart and advanced.

Mitchhps avatar Mitchhp Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Mitchhp I hate everything about your pos, I mean would you rather have no humans at all... It is so annoying when people...

Yes I would rather have no humans at all. What good have humans done? Literally? Anything at all? They've destroyed the ozone layer. They've killed off a lot of species. They've killed forests and other ecosystems (just for money). They've caused agony and death to millions of their own. Sure, they've made inventions. But that only helps themselves. It's like praising a president for learning calculus -- it doesn't help anyone but him.

Nacklefoodles avatar Nacklefoodle Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Nacklefoodle Yes I would rather have no humans at all. What good have humans done? Literally? Anything at all? They've destroyed...

I wrote that a long time ago. Now I agree with you purely out of the fact that all humans are awful and annoying. We need another plauge.

@Nacklefoodle Then you should agree with the post.

Lolo you cared that much to check. I was on the app, chill...

@Mitchhp Lolo you cared that much to check. I was on the app, chill...

wary smilie Yeah... To look at the colour of your comment, that's so much work. I saw that it's red, that means I cared 500%.

If we're that stupid, natural selection will weed us out eventually.

i completely agree. people who don't recognize the pure stupidity of human behavior are just in denial.

rowannes avatar rowanne Yeah You Are -2Reply
Anonymous