+199

"We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain just to stop eating meat." Yeah, that supermarket is intense, I didn't think I'd ever get that chicken, amirite?

killingfirefliess avatar
10 7
The voters have decided that killingfireflies is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1736255

Well I sure get handed "meat is murder" type paraphernalia pretty often

The phrase refers to the human races rise in the food chain, from being the hunted to the hunter over thousands and thousands of years after the evolution of our species; the 'we' is not supposed to represent us, the modern humans, but the the species as a whole, which mostly consists of dead ancestors that were lower in the food chain.

I get what you're saying. However, have you been in a store with a Super Saturday Sale on some kind of meat? We had hot dogs for 99 cents (ball park brand) and hamburger for $1.80 lb and there were customers practically rioting because the store ran out.

Market Basket on Christmas eve...

MaryKateBurnetts avatar MaryKateBurnett Yeah You Are +1Reply