+379

Yes we know some teens only have sex for the wrong reasons, but that doesn't give others the right to make judgements and sweeping statements about all of us, amirite?

jessicarachels avatar
6 26
The voters have decided that jessicarachel is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

So what you're saying is that stereotypes aren't always true?
Who knew.

@1002641

why should we have to wait to be in a fully commited relationsip? human beings (and apparently dolphins) have sex for pleasure

@1003343

thats stupid. there is a difference between having sex when your not in a long term commited relationship and being a slut who put out to everyone followinhg her pure animal instinct with no self control. why should you try to ignore what your instincts are anyway

@1003391

I'm in high school and I've been in a loving committed relationship for a while now. It was my decision to lose my virginity and I fail to see how this choice makes me an "animal" with no self control.

@1003966

Hmm. I guess I can understand that. I disagree, but I don't wish to engage in a debate with the great polarthebear.

@1003966

Im not really understanding why we should have to control our instincts. i mean i understand not having sex with a shit load of people, but i dont think having sex with one or two or three people before your in the engagment zone means you cave into animal like urges

@1003391

lol no comeback?

@1003343

btw: saying if you submit to pure animal instinct means you have no self control does not answer why you should be in a relationship. sex out side of relationship =/= no self controll

See, you've made assumptions about my life without knowing the facts, thank you for proving me point.

jessicarachels avatar jessicarachel Yeah You Are +12Reply

Why is it that abstinence is no longer the standard? People act like it's impossible.

Life is short, why set restrictions to when you can participate in sexual activities? Some teens can in fact use protection properly. Also, who get's to set these "right" reasons?

sex is awesome

Girls, it's all about the teasing and not about the pleasing!

JennaGees avatar JennaGee Yeah You Are +6Reply

What do you mean having sex for the wrong reasons?

@1002575

That's not just teens who do it, though. Hell, I've heard old folks' homes are nothing but hooking up.

Agreed!

And having sex outside of marriage or whatever does not indicate lack of self control. If one was actually trying not to engage in sex and failed, that would be the case. But some people are confident in their choice to have sex (be it with a partner or not) and never felt it necessary to fight the urge to begin with.

It's these little moral issues that people get all caught up on. It's their life, let them do what they want with it. Everyone has different values and it's great if you have yours, but when you start looking down on others who don't share the same principles, it's evident that the only one with a problem is you.

If you're living off of your parents, how dare you engage in an act that could potentially cause you to have a baby and put all that extra work on your parents when THEY never agreed to it? Not to mention the embarrassment of a teenage pregnancy.
(And if you're a male, how dare you do that to your significant other and her parents?!)

Abstinence: 100% effective

Get a job and move out, THEN have a baby.