+390

It is sexist that there are more women teachers than males, especially in younger ages, why is it believed that any man who wants to teach a younger grade is a pedophile? Men can care for children too, amirite?

Llorts avatar
2 11
The voters have decided that Llort is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I don't think it's necessarily sexist, either. More women choose to teach elementary education than men. As the children get older, the sexes even out, and in high school, I often saw more male teachers than female.
Women also are more nurturing than men are toward young children. It's a maternal instinct. This makes them better suited to teacher younger grades, especially kindergarden.

It's not necessarily sexist. I think men just don't want to teach. I bet they could land a teaching job if they wanted to but they really don't.

I'm suspicious of this username, but definitely a true post.

My school has wayyyy more guy teachers than girl teachers. But it's probably just an exception. Or maybe you are speaking about elementary and junior high schools and not high schools.

You kinda fail at your supposedly 'highly controversial' troll posts. Sorry, I had to say it.

Many years ago it was a rule that only women could teach kids in grade school and males could only teach high school. It just kind of stuck like that, its not sexist at all.

jens avatar jen No Way 0Reply

I have 6 classes, 4/6 of those classes I have male teachers .

@I have 6 classes, 4/6 of those classes I have male teachers .

Im in middle school btw. In elementary , there wasnt that much guy teachers.

and pedobear didnt post this?

Montanas avatar Montana Yeah You Are 0Reply

I don't think that there are that many more female teachers than male teachers.

This is true; another interesting fact is that, while most teachers are women, most school board members, principals, and "higher-ups" in the school system are male. Hmm.