+319

The most frustrating thing about the Pokemon series/Gameboy Game is that in the show Pikachu knows as many moves that Ash wants but in the game everyone only gets four... Amirite?

CashKillfrenzys avatar
5 13
The voters have decided that CashKillfrenzy is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

For me, the most annoying thing about the show was when Pikachu used thundershock on ground-type Pokemon and ko'd them.

@Courage_Wolf For me, the most annoying thing about the show was when Pikachu used thundershock on ground-type Pokemon and ko'd them.

Haven't you learned by now that Pikachu instantly becomes a pokegod or a worthless rat whenever the writers need him to be one or the other?

MrRites avatar MrRite Yeah You Are +1Reply
@MrRite Haven't you learned by now that Pikachu instantly becomes a pokegod or a worthless rat whenever the writers need...

Yeah, he'll be one-shotting incredibly powerful second evolution Pokemon one second, and the next he's getting ko'd by an elekid.

@Courage_Wolf Yeah, he'll be one-shotting incredibly powerful second evolution Pokemon one second, and the next he's getting ko'd...

Yeah, wasn't it Pikachu that finished off a Dragonite? Yeah, he switches between that YEARS ago and then getting one shot by A SNIVY! A SNIVY HAVING ITS FIRST BATTLE! FUCK YOU, POKEMON WRITERS! FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!

MrRites avatar MrRite Yeah You Are 0Reply

In the show Pikachu pretty much only uses thundershock when battling.

@Stwentytwo (NO!!!): and quick attack

Amazing how one of the most useless attacks in the game (past level 10-15) is one of the most epic attacks in the show. Honestly, I'm kinda surprised that Splash isn't regarded as the ultimate in water attacks in the anime.

MrRites avatar MrRite Yeah You Are +5Reply

Don't forget the combo moves like agility plus a thundershock, double team plus anything, etc. totally not fair

Actually, Pikachu does only know four moves at one time. Currently (as far as I've checked) he knows Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, Quick Attack and Volt Tackle. He doesn't use any others.

@gamerxchick Actually, Pikachu does only know four moves at one time. Currently (as far as I've checked) he knows Thunderbolt...

Exactly what I was going to say.
What frustrates me even MORE is the fact that Ash has had countless battles against legendaries and trainers, yet he still gets pwned by little kids when it's like their first day of battling.
Evolve your goddamn pokemon. Pikachu should be unstoppable by now. Stick with the same team so you don't fail as much.
Gawd.

@Exactly what I was going to say. What frustrates me even MORE is the fact that Ash has had countless battles...

But... if he stuck with the same team all the time, there'd be no room to market the new pokemon toys in the main character's team!!!!!1

Expand "pikachu" to "all pokemon" and yeah. Though, I guess it kinda works in your favor, too, otherwise every trainer'd have a pokemon that "somehow" knows a move to OHKO every one of your pokemon.