+416

People spend billions of dollars on cancer, AIDS, and other diseases. Why not just spend a couple thousand to find us teenagers a cure for acne quick, it would be helpful, amirite?

YesItsWess avatar
7 22
The voters have decided that YesItsWes is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yes. Because acne is deadlier than AIDS.

Wow, this is easily one of the most immoral, inhumane posts I've ever read on amirite. Congratulations.

There's already plenty of medicine for severe acne that works quite well.

Mikes avatar Mike No Way +14Reply

I would rather have acne than AIDS.

Acne will eventually go away. AIDS is kinda permanent...

AyAmRights avatar AyAmRight Yeah You Are +9Reply

because we're not dying from acne

Acne can't kill people.

I agree with everyone else...acne is not nearly as deadly as AIDS and cancer...

it's called washing your face.

I can't believe people YYA'd this!

But if they had a cure for acne, that worked, and was affordable, every teenager that had money would go out and buy it. Thus making enough money to help fund for finding cures to AIDS, Cancer, Ect.

My grandmother recently died from acne and the poor kids in Africa are having grand outbursts of zits, leaving them hiding away and in severe embarrassment every single day of their existence. Don't forget about the black heads that are affecting noses EVERYWHERE. It's a pandemic I tell you.

Vacas avatar Vaca No Way +2Reply

I don't understand why u americans don't have a cure for acne yet?
In south africa we use these pills called roacutan. Dries out your skin completely & after that - goodbye acne forever!

Yeah, that was really stupid. It would still take a long time to cure acne completely, and if they did that would mean quite a few less researchers would be working on helping with cancer. You're basically asking them to solve a problem which could be fixed with some cream at your local pharmacy.

Maybe because people aren't DYING from acne?
Seriously, for most people acne is just a part of growing up and will go away in due time.

Yeah,
because acne is SO much worse than a disease that might kill you.

Lets forget about cancer research. Whiny teens and their little zits that cause HUGE EMBARRASSMENT (which is obv. worse than death) need the money more.

@yeahhbuddy Yeah, because acne is SO much worse than a disease that might kill you. Lets forget about cancer research. Whiny...

I don't think the point is to drop cancer research, I'm thinking its more along the lines of: Our technology and medical procedures are so far advanced that you would think that it would be possible to find an acne cure. Of course, your idea is TOTALLY the first thing that comes to mind. Yeah. Give it rest, will ya?

KathrynCasellos avatar KathrynCasello Yeah You Are +1Reply
@KathrynCasello I don't think the point is to drop cancer research, I'm thinking its more along the lines of: Our technology and...

Did you not read the post?

I'm saying that acne goes away with time and will not kill you, so why take some money that could go to much more important causes and give it for acne research?
That few thousand dollars more is a little closer to finding a cure, don't you think?

As some people said, the point is not "give 5 million dollars from aids and cancer research to acne" but it's more like "We have lots of medical research, acne can't be difficult to cure, spend a few thousand on it and get it done"

YesItsWess avatar YesItsWes Yeah You Are 0Reply

couple thousand dollars LOL, already millions of dollars are going into dermatology related industries, and also, nobody cares about your stupid pizza face, i hope you stay that way forever and get cancer on your face.