+645

“I support (Political Party), and so did my father, and my grandfather.” “Oh, so it’s a genetic problem, then?” Amirite?

Simons avatar Politics
14 10
The voters have decided that Simon is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@681379

Good for you.

Adrias avatar Adria Yeah You Are +4Reply
@681379

Same here. Must be the common sense infection or something, I heard that's been spreading.

PirateQueens avatar PirateQueen Yeah You Are 0Reply
@681379

So if your family was liberal you wouldn't be thinking for yourself?

But I also don't like it when people make the assumption that all you do is follow your family, when sometimes you may actually agree with them...

Thanks for not using a specific party :D
It's one thing if their family supported it, they researched it, and they agreed, and it's another thing if they blindly accepted it.
It happens on both sides.

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Katffro Thanks for not using a specific party :D It's one thing if their family supported it, they researched it, and they...

Ha, yeah. i stole it from an old Mad magazine, and they actually used "Republican party" but I changed it, as it does happen on both the far-left and far-right, and not just to American politics, either.

And I agree with you, when I was first able to vote, my mother told me I'd better vote for the party my father was, as he earned the money for our family, and the election's outcome would effect his job. I talked to him, and it turns out he was intended to vote for the same party I was going to to; but there was a big difference in my mind in voting for them because I supported their policies, and voting for them simply because my father did.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are +2Reply

I know this topic is 8 years old, but ...

YES ... there IS a genetic component.

They were just talking about this on NPR the other day.
Here's a link to an article about it:
https://www.scientificamerican....eft-and-right/

republicans....