+250

If light travels faster than sound then how come you hear the light switch click before the light comes on, amirite?

usernamehelps avatar
6 28
The voters have decided that usernamehelp is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

That would be electricity youre talking about, not light. Yes there is a light but it illuminates immediately when the circuit completes and the current allows it to

@anything_chocolate That would be electricity youre talking about, not light. Yes there is a light but it illuminates immediately when...

for the record electricity travels too fast for us to detect the difference it makes, the lag is from the time it takes for the bulb to begin emitting light.

Saigots avatar Saigot No Way +6Reply
@Pfft, just let te post be funny.

I do let funny posts be funny even if they're wrong. This one isn't funny.

@Pfft, just let te post be funny.

It wasnt intended to be funny, just someone retarded whom thinks they're smart, as it always is the case. Because the dumb people are always full of confidence.

@Anthropomorphicfries Huh? speak english sweetie Anddddd you're *

What's not to understand? The switch has to click first before the electricity can flow. Simple. Oh, and btw, I'M BUZZWALD JUNEBERRY DAMN IT!!!lol

This is either a bad joke or a stupid question.

@763453

not even that. electricity travels at the speed of light. if you were to actually measure it accurately, you probably would see the light before you heard the switch

@not even that. electricity travels at the speed of light. if you were to actually measure it accurately, you...

No, no, no, no! Listen! you hear the click of the switch first because it has to make contact before it can send electricity to the device. Once the contact is made, the juice flows. The switch has a head start. Trust me, I'm an electrician. Sheesh!

Electricity isn't instant nor is your eyes' perception of light

I know most of the time the light just takes a long time to turn on because of bad wiring. I agree with Truuninja.

ctiscoolers avatar ctiscooler Yeah You Are +1Reply

I can't believe everyone is taking this seriously... people are too easy to troll. You people would probably think this was being serious too; http://memebase.com/2010/10/28/...avel/#comments

Rene_Magrittes avatar Rene_Magritte Yeah You Are +1Reply

Electricity isn't just this instant thing.

yeah i think the light comes on first but your brain cant distinguish between such a tiny time gap, it'l be like a microsecond.

This post should end with 'you are now going to try it, amirite?'

I think I died a little today!

That would be because you're closer to the lightswitch, dumbshit. The difference is only perceptible from farther away.

Infallible logic.

Rene_Magrittes avatar Rene_Magritte Yeah You Are -2Reply