+272

According to logic I can survive in the world without a college degree, but according to my high school I'll be doomed to a life as either a prostitute or a bag lady if I don't have my college and future career picked out already, amirite?

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar Education
3 5
The voters have decided that FlyingGuineaPig is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

That's the one thing I hated most about high school. "High school is about preparing you for college." Yeah? Well what if I don't wanna go? What if I'm satisfied working a blue collared job for the rest of my life?

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +6Reply
@StickCaveman That's the one thing I hated most about high school. "High school is about preparing you for college." Yeah? Well...

Yeah, they really aren't good for preparing you for life. Not sure they really did a great job for college either, for that matter.

_pi_s avatar _pi_ Yeah You Are +3Reply
@_pi_ Yeah, they really aren't good for preparing you for life. Not sure they really did a great job for college either...

My school switched around our senior schedule so that it felt more like a college schedule. I mean besides the fact that not everyone will go to college, what's the fun in experiencing college if you already know what to expect?

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are 0Reply

You can survive, but since there's a growing disparity between the rich and the poor it'd be better for survival to give yourself another advantage.

Sqwanchos avatar Sqwancho Yeah You Are +3Reply

http://amirite.net/690235

I know this is self promoting, but I thought it was relative :>