+184

Red Ribbon Week in public schools must be really awkward for those kids who do drugs and drink alchohol, amirite?

danceismyforevers avatar
1 20
The voters have decided that danceismyforever is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I don't know what red ribbon week is.

@Brettward95 I don't know what red ribbon week is.

From the comments it seems like it's about drinking and drugs, which makes no sense since the red ribbon is the symbol for HIV/AIDS awareness.

It's really just a big joke to the drinkers and smokers. Not awkward at all, haha.

we only did that in elementary school....i would hope elementary schoolers wouldn't be drinking and doing drugs d smilie

We really don't give half a fuck, to be honest.

I have no clue what that is.. I'm guessing from the context though, that it's about saying no to drugs and alcohol.

Most of them actually find it fun.
Every anti drug message is a chance to deface something so that it has a pro drug message. (in my experience, anyway)

@EarthwormJim Most of them actually find it fun. Every anti drug message is a chance to deface something so that it has a pro...

Negative votes but you're absolutely right. Every pothead in my school loves the above the influence symbol.

At high school it's a fat joke, we just had an anti-alcohol thing before junior prom.... really poor timing.

@Denizen At high school it's a fat joke, we just had an anti-alcohol thing before junior prom.... really poor timing.

How is that poor timing? My school does the same thing before prom, to scare kids from driving drunk.

@rilara How is that poor timing? My school does the same thing before prom, to scare kids from driving drunk.

I don't know. I thought it was poor timing cuz like 1/5th of the class did E and almost everyone got hammered.

We stopped having Red Ribbon Week after Elementary school...
We didn't even get proper sex ed.

Clearly, I have a great school system.

@saxybandgeek We never had it at all.. and our sex ed consisted of showing us pictures of genital warts..

We were supposed to have sex ed as part of our 8th grade Family Consumer Science class, but we never "got to it."

We had it in elementary school, and they tried to keep it alive in middle school, but it's kind of a joke

goodtimes avatar goodtime Yeah You Are 0Reply

yeah, its just kinda like whatev

Half of them are probably too high or wasted to know what's going on.

@savvie Half of them are probably too high or wasted to know what's going on.

Yes, because teenagers who drink alcohol are wasted all the time.