+602

How did the idea of earrings and piercings come about? Was it like, "Hey, your ear skin looks very plain and boring. Can I poke it with this shiny metal piece?" "OK!" "And if that looks good can I poke this metal thing in you lips, tongue, eyebrows, maybe your nipples, and anything else I can poke?" "Ok, sounds like a great idea!" amirite?

disrites avatar
8 7
The voters have decided that disrite is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Because it started with regular piercings, and people just experimented. Like, how do you think the Madison piercing came about?
Piercings are such beautiful things. :)

@MrsxBillxKaulitz Because it started with regular piercings, and people just experimented. Like, how do you think the Madison...

i never said they were ugly, i just wondered where people got the idea to stick a piece of metal through their chest, like the madison. who came up with the idea behind that haha. it looks dangerous and painful to me haha.

disrites avatar disrite Yeah You Are 0Reply
@disrite i never said they were ugly, i just wondered where people got the idea to stick a piece of metal through their...

I wasn't saying you called them ugly haha.
Madison's are scary. O_o I just wouldn't do that. People just started experimenting. Whoever was the first to try the Madison, prince Albert, and nape are fucking crazy, though.

Piercings as well as tattoos have been around for thousands of years, mainly a tribal thing. Tribes did gauging and whatnot too

Respect to Gods/ Religious purposes.

There is a church of body modification.

@Respect to Gods/ Religious purposes. There is a church of body modification.

(.-.): true, but still, like the idea of gauges and what not. and nipples. besides the church of body modification, what church says pierce your nipples and you clit and what not? that idea had to come from somewhere.