+444

do people visualize themselves in the singer's place/emotions when listening to a song, or do they imagine they're being sung to? amirite?

lovelys avatar Music
2 20
The voters have decided that lovely is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

i'm not sure how you can be right or wrong

@715003

fake microphoning it out. i like it. xD
I don't pretend that i'm performing...but i do always assume the identity of the artist. i think i sometimes pretend i'm in a music video, though xD

lovelys avatar lovely Yeah You Are +1Reply
@715176

hehe i totally understand that xD i sing like a diva demon in my car xD good stuff. all the cool kids do that, riiiight? :P

lovelys avatar lovely Yeah You Are 0Reply

sometimes I pretend I'm singing to people(whether one person or an arena), or watching what inspired the song. Other times I pretend I'm being sung to. It just depends.

riris avatar riri Yeah You Are +8Reply
@riri sometimes I pretend I'm singing to people(whether one person or an arena), or watching what inspired the song...

Yeah, it depends on the song for me too. But usually, I like to take the artists' pov

I pretend tom cruise is riding a mustang horse backwards through a flaming loop while juggling knives and sword swallowing then he back flips off the horse and round house kicks Obama in the face, oh yeah he's singing too

i picture myself performing the song/singing it to someone...but mainly, pictures/peoples/places/memories just pop up in my head that remind me of that song

How am I supposed to answer this when you're asking two questions...?

@SillyBanana How am I supposed to answer this when you're asking two questions...?

meaning...amirite for even asking the first question? have others wondered about this? is it a legit/intriguing/acceptable question to ask? etc. :P

None of the above...

Usually when I listen to a song I create a music video for it and sometimes I pretend I'm singing it at a show.

i just imagine it from a third-person point of view..

Haha I either imagine I'm the singer, imagine I'm performing it, or imagine I'm being sung too. It's so fun. ^.^

I feel whatever emotions are coming from the song.

ItsATrap: I do the music video thing too :)

I usually just make a cooler, hotter version of me (usually not human looking. I can't imagine a picture-perfect human version of me) singing or being part of a music video.

i usually think of myself in the music video.

It depends. Whenever "Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars, someone's singing it to me. :)
I'm the one singing "You Belong with Me" though.

I am usually the one performing it to others, but if the song is really emotional or if I can think of a music video for it in my head then I pretend I'm in the video.