+280

People in Denmark were shown to be the happiest people on Earth, and they just happen to tolerate gays (among others), pay their fair share of taxes, and have a generally liberal attitude. Hmm... amirite?

ClaireTheBozos avatar
13 37
The voters have decided that ClaireTheBozo is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

The Danes also helped Jews in the holocaust and less the two percent of the Danish Jewish population was murdered. They're pretty awsome

Well us here in the Suthern United States of America think ya'll is crazy. Ya'll ain't takin my hard earned money for health care for the Mexicans! I'd rather buy another hummer for my collection. Liberal hippies....

Luffys avatar Luffy Yeah You Are +16Reply
@Luffy Well us here in the Suthern United States of America think ya'll is crazy. Ya'll ain't takin my hard earned money...

please learn how to spell southern and PLEASE stop making the rest of america look stupid -_-

DaAce96s avatar DaAce96 Yeah You Are -11Reply
@DaAce96 please learn how to spell southern and PLEASE stop making the rest of america look stupid -_-

Such little faith in humanity. I thought it was obvious that this is a joke. You know, poking fun at some of the conservatives in the south for their ignorance in this matter.

Luffys avatar Luffy Yeah You Are +9Reply

We also have the youth that drinks the most in Europe.

iufenis avatar iufeni Yeah You Are +12Reply

I'm Danish, liberal, and I love this post. xD

SlayerOfStupiditys avatar SlayerOfStupidity Yeah You Are +12Reply

And we have free health care.

AnnaCoveys avatar AnnaCovey Yeah You Are +11Reply
@AnnaCovey And we have free health care.

Holland, Michigan is the second happiest. There's a church on like every street corner. haha :)

@ClaireTheBozo Is that Lower Michigan? Like Mitten-Michigan.

Yeah, its the mitten part pretty low on the pinky side.

@Mads Yeah, its the mitten part pretty low on the pinky side.

Ahh I see. I was just thinking, if you were talking about Upper Michigan... xD

ClaireTheBozos avatar ClaireTheBozo Yeah You Are 0Reply

I hate to be the negative one, but just because the result of a survey said we (I'm danish myself) were the happiest country doesn't mean we should assume it must be true, we can't be sure how accurate that survey is. But I do agree with the general message of the post so I'll vote it up. y smilie

Rene_Magrittes avatar Rene_Magritte Yeah You Are +9Reply
@Rene_Magritte I hate to be the negative one, but just because the result of a survey said we (I'm danish myself) were the...

I agree, it is hard to be sure it is accurate. It is weird trying to measure happiness in a survey, but being Danish myself, I don't think we have much to complain about.

AnnaCoveys avatar AnnaCovey Yeah You Are +4Reply
@AnnaCovey I agree, it is hard to be sure it is accurate. It is weird trying to measure happiness in a survey, but being...

And if not the happiest, it is at least the safest country. Happiness is hard to measure but safety is a lot easier. We have low crime rates, low amount of corruption in law enforcement and politics, no extreme weather, not many dangerous animals, good relations with other countries etc. So no we don't have much to complain about. h smilie

Rene_Magrittes avatar Rene_Magritte Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Rene_Magritte And if not the happiest, it is at least the safest country. Happiness is hard to measure but safety is a lot...

Exactly. And as I said, free health care and low pollution, so it is pretty fine here.

AnnaCoveys avatar AnnaCovey Yeah You Are +3Reply

I agree it's difficult to measure happiness per se, but I guess depression is probably a statistic, and I'm guessing that the percent of depressed people in Denmark is lower than the percent in America. I was talking about this with a friend before I posted it and she said "Well yeah, if you haven't noticed that conservatives with the anti-immigration, anti-taxes, anti-poorpeopleingeneral laws tend to harbor a lot of hate, don't they?"

@ClaireTheBozo I agree it's difficult to measure happiness per se, but I guess depression is probably a statistic, and I'm...

And what if we're cheating? Maybe it's not real happiness, we're just popping a lot of prozacs? XD

Rene_Magrittes avatar Rene_Magritte Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Rene_Magritte And what if we're cheating? Maybe it's not real happiness, we're just popping a lot of prozacs? XD

ahahahaha. :O I still like Denmark anyway, maybe i'll just pop some pills too ;D

That's it, I'm moving to Denmark XD

Applescruffs avatar Applescruff Yeah You Are +9Reply

Denmark rocks!<3
-I don't know if we're the happiest country, but it does'nt matter, what matters is that we're awesome !<3 (-;

@Denmark rocks!<3 -I don't know if we're the happiest country, but it does'nt matter, what matters is that we're...

hehe. I live in America, and I usually end up (if the subject comes up) apologizing to foreigners about how arrogant some of our citizens are, but I do like it here. Just I think Scandanavia fits me a lot better :D

ClaireTheBozos avatar ClaireTheBozo Yeah You Are +4Reply

Someone get me out of Louisiana for God's sake :(

Before the survey was made, I never really considered Danes to be especially happy. But after I heard about it, it opened up my eyes for all the privileges we actually have. And I do believe we are happy people. Whether or not we're happier than others I don't know. And I honestly don't think it should matter.

sallynators avatar sallynator Yeah You Are +4Reply

Scandinavia is amazing. I love living in socialist hell <3

(Luffy): sigh I'm tired of people assuming the entire southern population is ignorant and conservative. I'm neither of those things, and know very few people who are. I'm aware it was a joke. I just wanted to set the record straight.

@(Luffy): sigh I'm tired of people assuming the entire southern population is ignorant and conservative. I'm...

I'm not luffy, but it's cool I understand. I just moved to Lexington, KY, and it's a lot more sophisticated than my old town in Upper Michigan, which is about as north as you can get in America other than Alaska. Don't get me wrong, I love the U.P., but even here in Kentucky people are a lot smarter (:
I've heard if you venture into Eastern Kentucky, though....

(ClaireTheBozo): haha it's okay :) I just feel the need to speak up for the South because more often than not they get a bad rep. I've never been to Kentucky but I'm sure it's beautiful there. Thanks for the reply. And as for Eastern Kentucky, well I have no idea how it is there haha but that made me laugh.

@(ClaireTheBozo): haha it's okay :) I just feel the need to speak up for the South because more often than not they...

Have you ever seen The Dukes of Hazard? Yeah, Hazard is in Eastern Kentucky. xD

ClaireTheBozos avatar ClaireTheBozo Yeah You Are +1Reply

And the USSR claimed to liberate the people and give them everything they needed.

Troggys avatar Troggy No Way -6Reply
@Troggy And the USSR claimed to liberate the people and give them everything they needed.

That is irrelevant, it's not the same situation. It wasn't the Danes themselves that said they were the happiest country, it was the result of a survey made by the United States National Science Foundation.