+205

The shortest verse in the Bible is 'Jesus wept.' The only thing wrong with it is the past tense. amirite?

Andys avatar
3 11
The voters have decided that Andy is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

i know this is a dumb comment, but has anyone else heard a song where the only lyrics are "jesus wept"? it's not a heavy metal song, it's like a slow almost beatle-ish sound. really pretty. i heard it in a movie or something, and now i can't find it. ;_;

ClaireTheBozos avatar ClaireTheBozo Yeah You Are +1Reply

What's wrong with it?

@What's wrong with it?

The implied joke is that Jesus is still weeping.

@duckshirt The implied joke is that Jesus is still weeping.

I still don't get it... Sorry, but could you explain it more thoroughly.

@WRHTHETHIRD I still don't get it... Sorry, but could you explain it more thoroughly.

He would still be weeping because of all the bad things happening in the world, many of them by people claiming to follow him. But there are also a lot of good things going on in the world for him to be happy about... it would be extremely cynical to think he's weeping more than anything else.

Wow... I'm being really slow today... I still don't get it, but whatever.

Mine says 'Jesus gave way to tears'.

My goodness there aren't too many bright people on amirite!! My goodness I just used "my goodness"

... The fact that it's wept instead of weeped? That doesn't make it wrong.

The latter is usually used in the United States, while the former is usually used... everywhere else.