+248

Two things you wish you could multi-task: Reading and listening to music, amirite?

WoahElles avatar
7 50
The voters have decided that WoahElle is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I can do that....

@Kaycee I can do that....

I do it all the time, i find it hard to read if i'm NOT listening to music

@DarthJader I do it all the time, i find it hard to read if i'm NOT listening to music

I find the silence to be loud. Like, the sounds of the pipes in my building, or people outside, it's more distracting than a little music (I generally listen to instrumental stuff when reading/studying, no lyrics to distract).

@DarthJader I do too, it's so pretty

I also love the ones with lyrics so I can burst into song!

@twisted_memories I also love the ones with lyrics so I can burst into song!

I KNOW :D the lyrics are awesome haha I love disney songs :D

@DarthJader I KNOW :D the lyrics are awesome haha I love disney songs :D

Also (quite unrelated lol) Dr. Horrible is sooo fun to sing!

@DarthJader :D yeah let's sing!

I'll mumble My Eyes because I'm in class lol

@twisted_memories I'll mumble My Eyes because I'm in class lol

lol i'm in class too so i'll mumble.. .something lol

WoahElles avatar WoahElle Yeah You Are +2Reply
@WoahElle And concentrate?

Yea, I do it all the time. It just takes time to yet use to it.

@Kaycee Yea, I do it all the time. It just takes time to yet use to it.

I will NEVER be able to do that. I re-read paragraph's 2-4 times before I go to the next page. FML

@WoahElle I will NEVER be able to do that. I re-read paragraph's 2-4 times before I go to the next page. FML

Try listening to something without lyrics? The music drowns out the annoying sounds of the world around me and provides a nice rhythm.

@twisted_memories Try listening to something without lyrics? The music drowns out the annoying sounds of the world around me and...

That's exactly what I do. It has to be a book you want to read, though. If it's schoolwork, then close the book and crank up the music. :)

@StarGazer That's exactly what I do. It has to be a book you want to read, though. If it's schoolwork, then close the book...

I just decide whatever it is, I'm going to enjoy doing. It sometimes works for school books lol.

@twisted_memories I just decide whatever it is, I'm going to enjoy doing. It sometimes works for school books lol.

It also helps me if I don't listen to the music really loudly. Like, if you keep the volume at a medium level, or just don't play a distracting song.

I often listen to music while doing my homework, and it actually helps me concentrate by blocking out sounds around me.

@StarGazer It also helps me if I don't listen to the music really loudly. Like, if you keep the volume at a medium level, or...

Yeah, my music is generally really low. Sets a good mood lol. I also enjoy candles for studying haha.

Just don't have the music blasting in your ears, that just makes it really hard

I always read while I'm listening to music...

i listen to disturbed and metallica andI can concentrate on my book

I tend to listen to classical music or just plain instrumental music when I'm reading. It's very relaxing. I can't listen to music that has lyrics though.

Yeah, me too. And now I'm not sure which way to vote :(

im doing it right now... lol

Elena_Roger_s avatar Elena_Roger_ Yeah You Are -1Reply

I do it all the tine

I can, but it's usually either music without lyrics, or quiet enough that it's more in the background.

I love reading to the Mirror's Edge soundtrack :3