+1,347

Ok class todays math equasion is: 1+1= ? Ok jimmy let's see what you have written down. "2". DAMN IT JIMMY I TOLD YOU TO SHOW YOUR WORK!! amirite?

ilovewednesdayss avatar Education
156 44
The voters have decided that ilovewednesdays is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Or.... "Okay class we're going to take a practice quiz, before taking the actual test that's going to be 99 % of your final grade!" Practice quiz: 1+1. Teacher: "Any questions? ...Okay good here's your actual test" Actual test: If you derivate the integral of square root of pi multiplied by x divided by y which is also multiplied by the derivative of x / 2y squared, then at what time would the train arrive? Explain your answer!

I hate teachers that won't give you credit if you don't show work

HopeImrites avatar HopeImrite Yeah You Are +36Reply

Jeez guys, they were one letter off. It's a pretty common mistake to mix up -sion and -tion.

You need English class first, it's "Equation".

Good post though.

@You need English class first, it's "Equation". Good post though.

oh hahahah. I knew that was wrong. lol Thanks

My grade nine math exam: 100% correct, but I got 99% because I didn't show ENOUGH work on ONE question :(

@ilovewednesdays Seriously if you get it right on the test, it shouldn't matter.

I know right! I know it's still a really good score, but what a stupid thing to lose marks on! >:(

@ilovewednesdays I feel your pain.. Down with the corporations.

it wasn't that hard but my teachers a bitch when it came to grading. I lost 15 points on a test once because it said round to the nearest 10th and the answer was 16. I put 16, she said i had to write 16.0 for any credit.

Pedo_Cats avatar Pedo_Cat Yeah You Are +22Reply
@Amish_Allosaurus You should stab her in the heart... Rught now.

lulz. too late, i'm in 10th grade now and my c average for the year cannot change. :(

Pedo_Cats avatar Pedo_Cat Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Pedo_Cat lulz. too late, i'm in 10th grade now and my c average for the year cannot change. :(

Haha, I've failed a test for "not explaining well enough" how I got the answer.... I couldn't explain well enough, because I started puking half way through the test. The TA told me I would have gotten a high B or an A- if I had finished, but instead I got an F. Oh and on the next test in the same class, I got a 0 on a perfect test, because I put my name IN THE WRONG FUCKING PLACE!!!!111!!11!

@AppAwesome Gosh, since when did papers have fucking-places?

It's ridiculous.... Like it pisses me off so bad, I got a B in the class, because I ended up having one 0 for a lab test and the 54, but I had an A on everything else. Like half the class was repeating the class, because it was soo hard and I was doing so well.

Now to answer your question, at the beginning of the year, they had told us to put it in the TOP LEFT HAND CORNER. We submit it online so I just saved the file as my name. See the way we took this exam is we are divided into small groups and take the test on a computer in front of the TA. So he can monitor us. So in a class of 15, 5 would take the test at a time in one room.

@AppAwesome You are just begging for my pity... Why?

Oh I didn't mean too, it just pisses me off thinking about it.... Ha, sorry about that. I feel awkward now

you must have been in an easy math class if you got 100 on the exam lol. I got a 57 on my Geometry final exam.

Pedo_Cats avatar Pedo_Cat Yeah You Are -12Reply

Equasion ...

@Equasion ...

You know how english teachers usually aren't good at math and math teachers aren't the best at spelling and grammar? same thing.. to a certain degree

Rosss avatar Ross Yeah You Are +11Reply

The teachers automatically assume we copied off of someone else if we don't show work.

TakeMeOrLeaveMeKTs avatar TakeMeOrLeaveMeKT Yeah You Are +17Reply

Sometimes I feel like becoming a math teacher so I can give kids a break for a year. Not like super easy work, but none of this "Read the book,show your work, figure it out yourself I'm not helping you" crap.

I once lost 5 points because the answer was 89 miles and i put 89

Big fucking deal if it's spelled wrong. Who honestly cares? It's a funny post, and it's true. Deal with it.

story of my life.

Pedo_Cats avatar Pedo_Cat Yeah You Are +7Reply

OK, class. Today's math equation is 1 + 1= ?. OK, Jimmy, let's see what you've written down. "2". DAMN IT, JIMMY! I TOLD YOU TO SHOW YOUR WORK!

*right

OMG my teacher always dose that she'll be like "2 to the 2nd power" on the hw and when I put down "4" she'll be like you did not show your work so you get 65 on that homework. FUCK YOU!

OK,class. Today's English lesson is on spelling, Now who can tell me how to spell EQUATION?

How did this get homepaged? I can't agree of disagree with it; it's just a joke. And the grammar is atrocious.

@How did this get homepaged? I can't agree of disagree with it; it's just a joke. And the grammar is atrocious.

Your word choice is atrocious. You can't even tell the difference between "of" and "or."

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are +22Reply