+441

It's a good thing Ancient Greek names aren't popular anymore... "Poseidon! Come inside before you catch a cold!" or "Don't you pull that crap with me, Medusa!" amirite?

campykelseys avatar
6 24
The voters have decided that campykelsey is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

That really wouldn't sound weird if they were still popular.

are you kidding? i wish my name was Apollo, Achilles, Hercules, or Olympus hahah. intimidation.

some of those names are better than most of the names celebs give their kids

@Evan17 some of those names are better than most of the names celebs give their kids

I can’t imagine that a parent chose to say this for the rest of their lives, “Hey Banjo! Dinners ready!”

AadisehEmilias avatar AadisehEmilia Yeah You Are +1Reply

Imagine how much more popular nicknames would get...

It's a good thing 21st century names aren't popular anymore... "John! Come inside before you catch a cold!" or "Don't you pull that crap with me, Casey!"

that could be what it's like in a couple centuries.

Tuckers avatar Tucker Yeah You Are +6Reply

What about names like Aphrodite and Athena? There's nothing wrong with having names like that.

I'd love it if people still had ancient names... "Xerxes, you're driving like 15 miles over the speed limit!" "Atilla, you need to chill the fuck out."

BreakfastFans avatar BreakfastFan Yeah You Are +5Reply

"Poseidon" and "Medusa" are actually very pretty names.

There’s gonna be a kid called “Tide Pod [insert last name]”

that would be fucking awesome,i'm thinking of naming my child medusa

For the most part, yes... but the name "Zeus" is pretty badass.

I've actually heard about this actress named Amaryllis. I mean, wtf?

They were such cool names... xD

What about Helen, Penelope, and Jason? (to name a few...)

I still love this post though. <3

My whole Greek side of my family still has very Greek names. Like my dads name is Xenofon.

Let's try to think up ancient greek names we didn't learn from Percy Jackson....

@Let's try to think up ancient greek names we didn't learn from Percy Jackson....

sorry but i didn't learn them from percy jackson. those just happened to be the first to come to mind.

campykelseys avatar campykelsey Yeah You Are 0Reply