+548

Icarus didn't lose his wings because the sun melted the wax holding them on, he just ran out of Red Bull, amirite?

armtheangelss avatar Jokes & Humour
18 9
The voters have decided that armtheangels is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Greek Mythology gives you WIINGS!

idk502023s avatar idk502023 Yeah You Are +7Reply

For those of you not fluent in Greek mythology, Icarus is a young boy whose father is Daedalus, a master craftsman. During Icarus's time king Minos is torturing the citizens of Crete. Daedalus builds Icarus a pair of wings in order for them to escape and he warns his sun not to fly too close to the sun or the wax holding his wings together will melt. Icarus in the excitement of being able to fly disobeys his father and loses his wings.

mouse4216s avatar mouse4216 Yeah You Are +4Reply

This is the best one I have read today!!!!! :D

crazysnitch13s avatar crazysnitch13 Yeah You Are +1Reply

WIN! especially if it's original

Saigots avatar Saigot Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Saigot WIN! especially if it's original

It is. I just did a project on Icarus, pencil in one hand and Red Bull in the other. Just kinda clicked and formed this post.

armtheangelss avatar armtheangels Yeah You Are +2Reply

We talked about this story in my literature class today.
I wish I mentioned something like this!

I remember this from the Percy Jackson series; Battle of the Labyrinth, I believe.

win for greek mythology :)

ladygagamonsters avatar ladygagamonster Yeah You Are -1Reply