-349

Parents should be legally responsible for their children's crimes until they reach the age of 18, amirite?

0 28
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

"You're child bought a gun using his gun using money from his job and killed someone you have no connection to whatsoever, because his friends who you never met encouraged him. You are going to trial first thing next week."

"What?"

Lazynezs avatar Lazynez No Way +24Reply
@Nacklefoodle What the fuck, who taught you English, a chair?

The graffiti on the chairs at my school is more grammatically correct than Anon.

What are the issues with my comment? :o

EDIT: "Your child bought a gun using his own money from his own job and killed someone that you have no connection to whatsoever. This occurred due to his friends, who you have never met, encouraging him. You will be going to trial first thing next week."

"What?"

Is that better?

@Lazynez "You're child bought a gun using his gun using money from his job and killed someone you have no connection to...

why does the child bring a gun to school? because he has problems, why does he have problems? because the parents arent treating them right

@why does the child bring a gun to school? because he has problems, why does he have problems? because the parents...

Not always. Not everything is linked to the parents. People say children get everything served to them on a silver platter, and then you link their actual issues to their parents. My parents treat me right, and I have thought of killing people at my school. It is usually due to hormones that makes rage more heated and makes teenagers kill. The parents could be the sweetest things you've every seen, but that doesn't always reflect on the child. The parents could be the most hardcore people you've ever seen, but the child could be an angel. The child brings a gun to school so he can kill the source of his problems. If the parents weren't treating them right, then the child would shoot the parents.

Lazynezs avatar Lazynez No Way +15Reply
@Lazynez Not always. Not everything is linked to the parents. People say children get everything served to them on a silver...

its not just about the role model of a parent... if your parents are so great but uve thought about killing me you obviously have some issues that ur dumbass parents cant see...

@its not just about the role model of a parent... if your parents are so great but uve thought about killing me you...

Or that you don't want to show them. I have a lot of things in my head, and great parents, but I don't go out and tell them these things. Some kids (kids being minors) do not like to be open, and they do not want to worry anyone.

Lazynezs avatar Lazynez No Way +10Reply
@wonder who raised you to be such a secretive bitch

Why thank you for the insult. I appreciate it.

I am secretive because my parents have enough problems to deal with as it is, and I don't want them to worry about my petty little issues that will magically disappear as soon as I build a bridge and get over it.

Lazynezs avatar Lazynez No Way +16Reply

So every kid who decides they hate their parents can go kill someone and their parents get sent to prison for it? brilliant. the kids will love it.

What the hell every happened to personal responsibility? Teenagers know the difference between right and wrong and if they choose to ignore that then that's their own fault. It's not the parents fault that their kid decided to steal something or do drugs. There are other influences in a person's life too such as teachers and peers, everyone in your life affects how you turn out not just your parents. Besides if you do something illegal you should be punished for it according to the law, punishing a kid's parents because the kid did something illegal is not justice it's just plain stupid.

Reds avatar Red No Way +20Reply

If the parents get punished instead of the child, then what is the incentive for the child to stop?

Thumpers avatar Thumper No Way +19Reply

Maybe to the age of 6... or 8, but not 18

@AppAwesome I'd say to the age of 12

12 is a bit high. Come on, give them credit. When i comes down to it, 12 year olds are smart.

What about kids with no parents?

Normally, I'd agree that parents should be held responsible for their child's actions but as a person gets older, they acquire more responsibility which relieves the parents of some of their responsibility towards their offspring. At a certain age (well before 18) a teenager's responsibility for themselves surpasses the parent's responsibility for the teenager.

And just like everybody above argued, you can't just blame the parent if their child grows up to be a criminal. Outer influences are also a factor that can determine a person's personality when they get older.

I think this is interesting. I mean, a vast majority of the time, the child's problems are caused by the parents/dysfunctional family (at least from my experience), but in a case like that, I think it would be best for the child to suffer the consequences because s/he is clearly going to need to learn to live without a proper family life. However, the parents should not get off 100% free.

SHUT UP

Idiot. That's what Juvie is for.

What if they kill their parents?