-101

In Britain we have Guy Fawkes night, where we celebrate the failed murder of the king. In a hundred years, maybe America will have a Bin Laden night, where they celebrate the failed murder of the American Dream, amirite?

Bear_Shebas avatar
3 18
The voters have decided that Bear_Sheba is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Why is this down-voted so much?

Khana_Hatakes avatar Khana_Hatake Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Khana_Hatake Why is this down-voted so much?

Possibly because a lot of people lost loved ones on 9/11. I don't really know anything about British history, but did a lot of people die during the "failed murder of the king"? If not, then the two events don't seem comparable.

@srm27520 Possibly because a lot of people lost loved ones on 9/11. I don't really know anything about British history, but...

During the period of Catholicism, hundreds of thousands were imprisoned as heretics, burned at the stake etc.

Bear_Shebas avatar Bear_Sheba Yeah You Are +2Reply

The American dream IS dying. It's pretty damned hard/impossible to be in a dual-earning relationship, own a house, have happy kids and live comfortably in these economic times. Bin Laden caused a war that sent our spending and deficit thru the roof, greatly adding to our financial woes as a country and leading to the downfall of the American dream....bye-bye middle class :(

When I first read this, I thought it was saying we failed at murdering Bin Laden, who is the American Dream.

WOW. so wrong. haha

What the hell... Guy Fawkes didn't try and murder the King, I don't live or have ever been to England and I know this. And how was Bin Laden killing the American Dream exactally?

@SpearmintMilk What the hell... Guy Fawkes didn't try and murder the King, I don't live or have ever been to England and I know...

Bin Laden, among lots of others, don't like America and what we stand for. What do we stand for? The American Dream. By taking down the Twin Towers he thought it'd be a big hit on capitalism (a big part of the Dream), the first step to bringing it all down.

I guess because most of the people on this site are from the USA is the reason this got down-voted so much.

@Kaitlyn I guess because most of the people on this site are from the USA is the reason this got down-voted so much.

Any mention of 9/11 gets voted down I think. It was a shitty post, but I wasn't expecting this sort of flaming. Oh well

Bear_Shebas avatar Bear_Sheba Yeah You Are +1Reply

Lol all these people that dumb down this must be butt hurt amerifags

hate to point out the obvious here but it was a failed atempt to blow up parliament.

@At_home_in_AOTEAROA hate to point out the obvious here but it was a failed atempt to blow up parliament.

The purpose of the 9/11 attacks was not to destroy the Trade Centers, there was a political goal that was not achieved, I know its a stretch, but the point is that we should celebrate the failure of Al Qaeda

Bear_Shebas avatar Bear_Sheba Yeah You Are 0Reply

Yes, the plan was to blow up the houses of parliament but the point was, not just to see the pretty lights, but to murder King James I in order to hopefully install a monarch who had Catholic sympathies.
So yes, it was a failed attempt to blow up parliament but, at the same time, it was a failed attempt to murder the king.

lol americans win

i live in england, and since when did we celebrate guy fawkes night? O_o

@i live in england, and since when did we celebrate guy fawkes night? O_o

Where the hell do you live?! Everywhere I've ever been in England (and especially around where I live) they have bonfires and firework displays around November 5th..

We do celebrate guy Fawkes night! And it was because the guy was trying to blow up the houses of parliament not a king.