+183

When you see the band N.E.R.D. you're not sure if you pronounce it "Nerd" or "N-E-R-D", amirite?

tdubbs avatar
1 5
The voters have decided that tdubb is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'm not gonna lie the only reason I posted this is to see if someone would comment and help me out with how to pronounce it.

tdubbs avatar tdubb Yeah You Are +9Reply
@tdubb I'm not gonna lie the only reason I posted this is to see if someone would comment and help me out with how to...

Back when NERD first started, Pharrell and Chad described the group, saying, “NERD is a basic belief. People’s energies are made of their souls. When you die, that energy may disperse but it isn’t destroyed.” And that is the lesson in all of this. This group of talented and successful artists shunned a dependence on their past and concentrated on their present, knowing that whatever they put out into the world would always be out in the world. They created NOTHING. And Nothing Ever Really Dies.

SkylarOctaviouss avatar SkylarOctavious Yeah You Are -2Reply

whats even more confusing is NOFX. apparently its pronounced "no-eff-ex" but i always thought it was n-o-f-x.