+228

It's interesting that no one ever thinks of what might happen if a vampire is bit by a human and not the other way round as usual. amirite?

Food & Drink
2 17

You'd have to be pretty badass to bite a vampire

ASWCCs avatar ASWCC Yeah You Are +10Reply

The vampire would get mad and bite the human.
And then you're back to square one.

the human would probably turn into a vampire. Vampirism is usually considered to be transferred through saliva (biting) , so it stands to reason that other fluids like blood also contain the disease. The question is whether it would survive ingestion and whether vampires actually have any blood of there own.

@Saigot the human would probably turn into a vampire. Vampirism is usually considered to be transferred through saliva...

That depends on the book/movie. In some they're depicted as dry, rotting corpses who use their limited magical powers to plant a beautiful image of themselves in the minds of everyone who sees them, while in others they're living breathing people who have just lost the ability to produce certain ingredients in their blood and so need to get them from other sources, kind of like diabetics. While sinking your teeth into a rotting corpse probably wouldn't do much besides give you a wicked case of halitosis, biting one of the living, breathing, diabetic-like vampires could possibly transfer whatever virus caused it to you. Although I think it would probably move slower or not take effect at all and simply make you a carrier if it wasn't introduced directly into the blood stream.

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +5Reply
@ASWCC Are you talking about a specific movie?

No, I'm mostly just remembering all the different stories I've read about vampires.

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1540088

I think you mean Mortal Instruments. Vampires haven't come up that much in Inferal Devices if I remember right, but it's been a while since I read Clockwork Angel so I could be wrong.

@1540504

Oh yeah, that's right! I forgot about that. Like I said, it's been a long time, probably a year, and I've read many other things since then. I guess I need to read it again before Clockwork Prince comes out.

@1540763

There will be 6 total for MI and 3 for ID.

Vampire Diaries: you're healed.

duh they get healed/some of the powers of the vampire for a short amount of time and it could be used as a drug...true blood anyone??

That'd be disgusting, it would just be like biting a dead person....