-253

America: When you set your Facebook language to English (UK) you automatically feel smarter, amirite?
Rest of the world: When you set your Facebook language to English (US) you subsequently feel your IQ drop, amirite?

Hullabaloos avatar Jokes & Humour
6 25
The voters have decided that Hullabaloo is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Basically the question here is "are you from America, or another country that thinks it's hilarious to make fun of Americans and say they're all stupid and fat?"

smiles97s avatar smiles97 No Way +31Reply

Setting your language to English(Pirate) makes you feel awesome, amirite?

Bossmans avatar Bossman No Way +27Reply

You're forgetting which country created facebook.

Just curious, but why do most other countries hate America? I must admit some Americans are total assholes but not all of us are.

@Just curious, but why do most other countries hate America? I must admit some Americans are total assholes but not...

I don't know, America just has less culture than Europe. There, people who never finished school still know about the art and history of their country, but here, since we don't have much art or history, they're just uneducated, and most people consider them trashy.

@Smooth_Criminal America doesn't have history? Idiot statement

Pardon me. It does, but it has a lot less than European countries do. We've been a country for less than 300 years.

Hey, I may be against discrimination of Americans, but we really, DON'T have that much history. We're only like, a couple hundred years old.

@I don't know, America just has less culture than Europe. There, people who never finished school still know about...

I guess it's easy to learn a lot about the history of your country when it's smaller than many US States.
I spent 5 years in Europe and wasn't overly impressed about peoples knowledge of anything outside their own area.

That makes sense, but it's not exactly fair to assume everyone is like that. Europe is very nice also.

It's not just the U.S. that uses English (U.S.).

Doesn't really make much of a difference to me honestly. The differences aren't super noticeable.

No. I felt cheated. I was expecting more of a change with the UK.

'center' is spelled differently. Thats about it.

Lissaas avatar Lissaa No Way +9Reply
@Lissaa 'center' is spelled differently. Thats about it.

It also uses a 24 hour "military time" clock instead of a 12 hour clock.

@John_Smith It also uses a 24 hour "military time" clock instead of a 12 hour clock.

That part makes sense. Specially when you look at the train schedules.

It also uses metrics which is actually systematic. It's not randomly like let's put 12 inches in a foot and 3 feet in a yard. Metrics is just like 10,100,1000, etc. Systematic.

My town center is called Newton Centre. It drives me crazy.

This is not only offensive but it also aaaaactually makes no sense. Do enlighten me on what is so unintelligent about the English (US) language that isn't evident in the English (UK) language?

craazys avatar craazy No Way +8Reply

i changed it for a while and didn't noticed the blindest bit of difference, in what the words were or in my IQ.

Americans: when you set your facebook language to English (UK) the only difference is that it switched to military time, amirite?
Rest of the world: when you set your facebook language to English (US) the only difference is that it switched to 12-hour time, amirite?

It's almost impossible to make any sort of joke about Americans or an American stereotype, because there's so many Americans on here. But insult or make a joke about any other country and that's fine.

Europe hasn't been impressive since the Roman empire.

For the average IQ to drop below moron levels, you probably have to come from South Africa.