+311

In a perfect world, people don't know what it's like to cry from sadness, amirite?

Nacklefoodles avatar
4 16
The voters have decided that Nacklefoodle is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Too much sunshine makes a desert. Mayte.

In a perfect world you would know what it's like but not actually have to experience it.

If you're never sad, you're never happy.

Rajs avatar Raj No Way +5Reply
@Raj If you're never sad, you're never happy.

My thoughts exactly. Happiness wouldn't mean the same if you didn't know what it was like to be sad

@NARNIA My thoughts exactly. Happiness wouldn't mean the same if you didn't know what it was like to be sad

If you haven't been to, let's say, Disney world, you would want to go. If you have been to some crappy place, close to hell, you would still want to go to Disney world as much as you did before, amirite?

I mean it doesn't work that way with sadness. Maybe if you haven't ever had food then it would taste better than it would had you just eaten, but if you've just had a kitten die you would be just as happy receiving 3000 dollars as you would if nothing bad had happened.

Nacklefoodles avatar Nacklefoodle Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Nacklefoodle If you haven't been to, let's say, Disney world, you would want to go. If you have been to some crappy place, close...

Not really my point. I mean like, If nothing bad every happened, and everyone was like this :D all the time. It would just become a common thing. It wouldn't mean the same. But because there is sadness, happiness can be appreciated a whole lot more.

A hobo is never in debt, but he likes having money doesn't he?

@Nacklefoodle A hobo is never in debt, but he likes having money doesn't he?

Being in debt doesn't directly correlate to having money; a hobo rarely has money therefore he likes having money. He knows and experiences what it is like to be without money. Also, chances are, he wasn't always homeless.
It's all relative. If we took away sadness as WE experience it, then people would still experience "sadness" because some of their experiences would be less positive than others. If you got rid of all the "ugly people" in a place, there would still be ugly people because your standards rise.

Rajs avatar Raj No Way +3Reply
@Raj Being in debt doesn't directly correlate to having money; a hobo rarely has money therefore he likes having money...

Sure, there still might be things they would call "sad", but they wouldn't be sad enough to make them cry, would they? "Oh I only have 3 super awesome talents and my bestfriend has 4, crycrycry "?

All I'm saying is, there wouldn't be extreme sadness that we see now, maybe the people would be tougher or the crime rate would be lower, I dunno, just the maximum sadness in the world wouldn't be enough to cause anyone cry.

@Nacklefoodle Sure, there still might be things they would call "sad", but they wouldn't be sad enough to make them cry, would...

I think there would be, though. After time. If you're a little kid, you get sad because your toy broke, because that's the saddest thing that's ever happened to you.
It reminds me of A Wrinkle in Time, where they visit this world where no one is ever in pain, no one's ever sad, and everyone has horrible and bland lives. Nothing means anything to them anymore.

Rajs avatar Raj No Way +1Reply
@Raj I think there would be, though. After time. If you're a little kid, you get sad because your toy broke, because...

I don't know, I think if I'd never had toys broken I would still be pretty damn happy about getting a million dollars as I would be with every single of my toys broken.

Nacklefoodles avatar Nacklefoodle Yeah You Are -1Reply

You have to have the bad stuff for good things to even exist. Bad stuff can make you stronger, make you learn. It's good to some degree.

It depends on what your idea of a perfect world is.

This kind of seemed depressing to me.

This might sound weird but you sound like my science teacher. She always says "in a perfect world, _"