+553

How to make teenagers of today have better grammar and spelling? Add spellchecker and thesaurus to facebook. amirite?

Iwannafingeryous avatar Internet & Apps
2 14
The voters have decided that Iwannafingeryou is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Then a lot of people's last names would be red underlined... even some people's first names. But hopefully that'd stop people from tlkn lyke dis orrrrr talkinnnn lykeee disss .

Um, last time I checked, there was already spellchecker on both posts and comments...

There's a spell check on Firefox, which most teenagers use. They'll either turn it off or ignore it.

Stepharoos avatar Stepharoo Yeah You Are +4Reply

On Mac systems, there’s spellcheck on everything. Thank God, because I’d be in the line of fire of multiple grammar nazis if it weren’t for that.

LaurenZies avatar LaurenZie Yeah You Are +1Reply

Or better yet, facebook should make it so you can`t post something unless it`s grammatically correct with everything spelled correctly.

@Or better yet, facebook should make it so you can`t post something unless it`s grammatically correct with...

But what if what they're going to post HAS to be grammatically incorrect, is in a different language OR isn't in their dictionary?

So I was laughing at this post because I thought you had typed "spellirg" instead of "spelling" and then I realized that there was a smudge on my screen. But once I got past that I saw your point.

or just download Google Chrome and have spell check on everything ...

That would help, but some of us are still too stupid to correct the words as needed.

If you're only worried about spelling and grammar then what good will a thesaurus do? That would be useful if we wanted to expand teenagers' vocabularies though.

Firefox, or iPod touch autocorrect.