+1,351

Thank you, soldiers, for keeping everyone safe, we owe you this post, amirite?

pokerface111s avatar Politics
16 99
The voters have decided that pokerface111 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Pro soldiers, but anti war.

Treeleafs avatar Treeleaf Yeah You Are +30Reply
@Treeleaf Pro soldiers, but anti war.

Exactly. No one has to support the war, or any war for that matter. Don't hate the solders that are fighting the war, hate the politicians that got them into that war.

vitaminbs avatar vitaminb Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Sgt_Fink You're acting like soldiers have no choice.

They do have a choice. They don't have to fight for you, they could just let the other countries come and take over our government, but guess what? They don't! and you are so ungrateful.

An amirite post is hardly a medal of honour.

I read "thank you soldiers" and was thinking plleeeeeeaase dont be a sarcastic post

My brother is in the Marines and I don't want him to be deployed. I've asked him several times why he does it and every time he tells me he wants to be out there. He says he's doing it for me and everyone else, fighting for our freedoms. He WANTS to do it. He's my biggest hero and I wish that everyone could see what those soldiers are doing for us everyday instead of saying how stupid it is. There will always be war because people will never have the same opinions. And it makes me proud to say that I am related to someone who is willing to stand up for all of us, even if no one is backing him up.

whooaaa_babys avatar whooaaa_baby Yeah You Are +10Reply
@whooaaa_baby My brother is in the Marines and I don't want him to be deployed. I've asked him several times why he does it and...

No, there will always be war because humans don't know how to sort things out without resorting to violence.

Chromanas avatar Chromana Yeah You Are 0Reply

i think we owe them a lot more than a post

For all of you who believe all the propoganda that fox news feeds you;

State your opinion to a Navy SEAL or a Green Beret, not people on this site; we're all civilians here. If you're really going to talk crap about them, might as well say it to them, not regular civilians.

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are +2Reply
@777914

Isn't an American "trained soldier" supposed to defend the U.S. Constitution? So if I were to openly disagree with what the soldiers are doing and express my opinion on any other "taboo" subject, wouldn't that soldier have to defend my right to do so even if he is against what I'm saying?

And to all the people saying "Pro soldiers, but anti war," hahahahaha. Good one! That's a lot like saying pro nuclear weapons, but anti violence.

really yall up there are arguing?
cant you just get along for the day?
i mean really..its the day to celebrate everyone who fights for freedom..
and you idiots are arguing about it
just get along okay?

I wouldn't say you owe them a post. Maybe money, maybe your life, but not an amirite post.

@Amish_Allosaurus We owe them more than we can imagine.

i kinda disagree with that. maybe for the veterans from WW1 and WW2 but i dont really see what the soldiers are doing for us now. the only reason the soldiers are in Iraq now is because of 911 and not even really for that reason. its just because Bush wanted the oil, so technically americans started this war.

@rosinbackrider i kinda disagree with that. maybe for the veterans from WW1 and WW2 but i dont really see what the soldiers are...

The reason America is in Iraq is NOT because of 9/11 that's why they're in Afghanistan. They are in Iraq because they were looking for weapons of mass distruction (which wern't there) and to overthrow Saddam Hussain. Just so you know : )

@rosinbackrider well why are they still there then?

Well probably because they can't just go in overthrow the government and just leave : / they'd be leaving the place even worse than when they went there.

@SpearmintMilk The reason America is in Iraq is NOT because of 9/11 that's why they're in Afghanistan. They are in Iraq because...

But didn't Bush say they had all the means to make WMDs? I'm not 100% sure, but I think he said something like that.

@Amish_Allosaurus But didn't Bush say they had all the means to make WMDs? I'm not 100% sure, but I think he said something like that.

Iraq really didn't, not that could actually be a threat anyway. In his autobiography George Bush even said that the biggest regret of his presidency was the intelligence failure in Iraq. And Senate Intelligence Committee found in 2008 that his administration "misrepresented the intelligence and the threat from Iraq".

I have the means to kill my flatmates. Does this mean I should be locked up? You're only guilty of doing something if you actually do it.

i totally agree, they're not keeping anybody safe they're just causing violence it's so stupid how people think it's heroic or w/e

@rosinbackrider agreed. it takes like what, 5 seconds to write a post?

What I'm saying is, in this scenario, an amirite post is entirely irrelevant and worthless.

@rosinbackrider thats what i was saying too

Exactly. And 100 times nothing is nothing, which is why I find this very unfitting.

I dunno man, i heard it's pretty hot down there

Sgt_Finks avatar Sgt_Fink Yeah You Are 0Reply

AHA just a post. more like my life.

it is veterans day not soldiers day the difference is one served in the military and one serves in the military so one the post is probaly directed the wrong way and 2 i doubt they give a shit about a post

@stepdom it is veterans day not soldiers day the difference is one served in the military and one serves in the military so...

Veterans Day is for all military personal, whether they're retired or still actively serving. I thought it was just retired military that were considered vets but my dad, who happens to be a Lieutenant-Colonel, corrected me today.

I owe my gratitude...I don't owe them a vote on an internet post.

@767055

It's not a token of anything. You are not showing gratitude by clicking a link on a website. Be a man and go shake a soldier's hand.

@wobbuffet It's not a token of anything. You are not showing gratitude by clicking a link on a website. Be a man and go shake...

You are also not showing gratitude by opposing the attempt someone had in showing their appreciation. Not everyone has a solider they can just go up to and shake hands with, this may be the only way they can say thank you. At least they are.

@You are also not showing gratitude by opposing the attempt someone had in showing their appreciation. Not everyone...

They're not saying thank you to anyone. They're pretending they're good people by clicking a link on a website in the confines of a computer in their house.

@767486

I haven't done anything. And you haven't either, if all you've done is vote on this post.
@767486 (BonslyGuy): I can agree that it's the thought that counts. However, you have still not explained why I owe anyone a vote on a post on the internet.

@769547

Ad hominem and non sequitir. I don't think it's a big deal, but, up until now, I was under the impression you were just as interested in this discussion as I was. If you want to stop, that's fine, but I'm taking your non-response as forfeit.

@wobbuffet I haven't done anything. And you haven't either, if all you've done is vote on this post. @767486 (BonslyGuy): I...

You don't owe them a vote. Are you really that stupid that you don't understand the point of this post? The OP meant that we owe them our thanks for putting their lives on the line us.

Anyone who NW's this post is a sick disgusting pig who should be waterboarded then hanged.

Amish_Allosauruss avatar Amish_Allosaurus Yeah You Are -12Reply
@Amish_Allosaurus No. ^

Oh no, are you going to declare war on me? I heard it solves a lot of problems.

@Sgt_Fink Oh no, are you going to declare war on me? I heard it solves a lot of problems.

I'm just saying whether or not you agree with the war, those people are out fighting for your county. If you disrespect soldiers I would think of you on the same level as Osama Bin Laden and all the other terrorists.

@Amish_Allosaurus I'm just saying whether or not you agree with the war, those people are out fighting for your county. If you...

Very good point. I think war is stupid, and soldiers are wasting their time, and therefor, I'm on the same level as Osama Bin Laden.

Sgt_Finks avatar Sgt_Fink Yeah You Are -4Reply
@Sgt_Fink Very good point. I think war is stupid, and soldiers are wasting their time, and therefor, I'm on the same level as...

I didn't say that. I don't care if you think the war is a waste of time. If you disrespect soldier I'm gonna get mad.

@Amish_Allosaurus I didn't say that. I don't care if you think the war is a waste of time. If you disrespect soldier I'm gonna get mad.

Oh sorry, I shall give those gun humping murderers my respect. WHOO VETERNZ DAI 2010 FUCK YAHH!!!1

Sgt_Finks avatar Sgt_Fink Yeah You Are -8Reply
@Sgt_Fink Oh sorry, I shall give those gun humping murderers my respect. WHOO VETERNZ DAI 2010 FUCK YAHH!!!1

You sir,are the most idiotic,horrible person I have ever had the displeasure of listening to,it is because of those "gun humping murderers" that you can even put such a thing on,or even use,the internet without being hanged or shot by a communist goverment.You should just be lucky that you aren't living in a straw hut somewhere being forced to kill your baby daughters like in certain places on this planet.I certainly hope you did not have any relatives who were in the military,because they would be rolling over in their graves at this point.Now please gtfo!

I've never said this to anyone but I hope you drop dead right now. I mean that, If I had one wish, I would wish that you died right now.

I'm a conservative, but man, you should have been aborted. Go blow yourself up, for someone who's so anti war, you're being pretty violent. I bet you're nothing but a 12 year old virgin sitting in your moms basement, ranting because you have no friends in the world.

_RUMBLEROAR_s avatar _RUMBLEROAR_ Yeah You Are -3Reply
@_RUMBLEROAR_ I'm a conservative, but man, you should have been aborted. Go blow yourself up, for someone who's so anti war...

You're saying that 12 year olds shouldn't be virgins...? " I bet you're nothing but a 12 year old virgin "

Amish_Allosauruss avatar Amish_Allosaurus Yeah You Are +10Reply

So you call me violent, yet you tell me to blow myself up. Yeah. You're an idiot.

12 year old virgin isn't much of an insult btw.

Oh and thanks for the food, us trolls love it

@Sgt_Fink So you call me violent, yet you tell me to blow myself up. Yeah. You're an idiot. 12 year old virgin isn't much...

I was merely emphasizing on your inexperience in the world, and yeah, I never said I wasn't violent because I'm definitely violent when it comes to defending the good soldiers of this nation, so thank you, but I don't think I'm the idiot here. If you want to reduce the military and make sure we can't defend ourselves, go ahead, plan out your own demise, that's fine by me, I'll just move to the country that will take over you when that happens.

_RUMBLEROAR_s avatar _RUMBLEROAR_ Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Amish_Allosaurus Anyone who NW's this post is a sick disgusting pig who should be waterboarded then hanged.

you sound just as bad as hitler. "i dont like jews! anyone who is a jew should be sent to concentration camps and tortured until they die!"

ugh americans

danilols avatar danilol No Way -17Reply
@danilol ugh americans

You do realize that it is veterans day here in America and that is why the person was so kind in honoring the people giving up their lives for us? But you're right, we should all have such an insulting attitude like yours. Forgive us.

@You do realize that it is veterans day here in America and that is why the person was so kind in honoring the...

it's remembrance day here in canada but i don't support it and they aren't giving their lives for you ugh im sorry but im sick of people saying they're like ~fighting for us~ or whatever like no it's not heroic it's not cool it's dumb it's just killing people that's my opinion

danilols avatar danilol No Way -12Reply
@danilol it's remembrance day here in canada but i don't support it and they aren't giving their lives for you ugh im sorry...

You're right, my family members just decided to risk their lives because they thought it was "cool" They ARE doing it for you. I don't support he war either but I sure as hell will support the people who are possibly giving up their lives so I can go to Church without being scared of being murdered, or that I can speak freely. Unless you are willing to figure out world peace or go out there and risk your life, shut up.

@You're right, my family members just decided to risk their lives because they thought it was "cool" They ARE doing...

i hate how americans jump to the conclusion that just because of 9/11 or w/e people are out to get you and are gonna start killing u like come ON
it's making people hate america even more than they already do so that was like the worst idea ever

@danilol i hate how americans jump to the conclusion that just because of 9/11 or w/e people are out to get you and are...

DID I EVER MENTION 9/11? NO. Did I ever say that everyone was out to get us?? NO. I even said they were doing it for YOU, not just AMERICANS. My point was that you have absolutely no right to EVER say what they are doing is stupid when they are doing it for YOU and for the freedoms that YOU have and when you have never risked your life to do that for someone else.

@DID I EVER MENTION 9/11? NO. Did I ever say that everyone was out to get us?? NO. I even said they were doing it...

americans aren't doing anything for me nobody is and i didn't ask them to
there is no glory in violence and i don't agree with it under any circumstances

@767039

perhaps it would be better because nobody would hate us so much

@danilol perhaps it would be better because nobody would hate us so much

According to you, people hate America, remember? You're in Canada so you don't have to worry

@According to you, people hate America, remember? You're in Canada so you don't have to worry

(uhhhwhat?): exactly so maybe america should just be more peaceful like canada and they wouldn't have to worry either see what i'm sayin

@That was sarcasm.

i'm not being sarcastic if america didn't start wars maybe other countries wouldn't hate them as much it makes sense

@danilol i'm not being sarcastic if america didn't start wars maybe other countries wouldn't hate them as much it makes sense

If WE didn't start wars?? Honey, do you know anything about history? The Vietnam war started because the FRENCH asked us to help them. Where do many Canadians come from? FRANCE. How did WWII start? Partially because France and Britain declared war on Germany. How did WWI start? Because of Russia invaded Austria after Franz Ferdinand was assassinated.

@If WE didn't start wars?? Honey, do you know anything about history? The Vietnam war started because the FRENCH...

i'm talking about the war america started because of 9/11 duhhh of course i know about history i'm majoring in it

@danilol i'm talking about the war america started because of 9/11 duhhh of course i know about history i'm majoring in it

So then why did you say warS? Other countries have started wars, so if you're going to hate America for it, you better hate other countries for it. If you are already old enough to be majoring in something, why do you talk like you're ten?

@So then why did you say warS? Other countries have started wars, so if you're going to hate America for it, you...

i'm not talking about just america i'm talking about every country including my own!! i don't approve of violence

@danilol americans aren't doing anything for me nobody is and i didn't ask them to there is no glory in violence and i don't...

I also hate the war, I hate violence just as much as the next person. If there was a better way to solve things I would be the first to approve it, but there isn't. And those people out there who are doing the only thing they know how to do to stand up for us deserve a load of respect for it. When did I ever say we were doing anything for you? And there are A LOT of people doing things for you, obviously you have had your head stuck up your butt a little too long to notice.

@I also hate the war, I hate violence just as much as the next person. If there was a better way to solve things I...

i used to be exactly like you, thinking it was important and brave and all that to be in wars and ~~protect ur country~~ or whatever but this year i took a step back and really thought about things and i realized how stupid and unnecessary it all is. humans are so strange and do the silliest things i realized. somebody is probably looking at us from above right now and thinking what in the world are they doing killing their own kind like that, how strange

Just because you hate Americans, doesn't mean everyone else does. I have traveled all over the world and every person that I have met loved to talk to me about my life in America, just as excited as I was to learn about theirs in their country. Americans are not out to get everyone either, like come ON

@danilol ugh americans

Wow, you're from Canada and you're criticizing our military? You do realize we're the only reason you haven't been taken over, right? It's only because you share our borders that you are able to live your ignorant, far-left lifestyle, instead of being held under oppression by the Russians. Do you think you're tiny militant army could protect you? Please, with how small and underdeveloped your military is it couldn't protect you from a food fight (no offense to Canadian soldiers, I'm merely speaking of the role of the government and their failure of protection) So stop being ungrateful, and learn some history, thank you.

_RUMBLEROAR_s avatar _RUMBLEROAR_ Yeah You Are +2Reply
@_RUMBLEROAR_ Wow, you're from Canada and you're criticizing our military? You do realize we're the only reason you haven't been...

PROTECTION PROTECTION PROTECTION omg why are you and so many other americans so paranoid goodness me eat some ice cubes and chill out

@danilol PROTECTION PROTECTION PROTECTION omg why are you and so many other americans so paranoid goodness me eat some ice...

Why are we paranoid??? Could it possibly be the millions of people who would love to destroy us? The recent terror attacks where bombs were mailed on airplanes that were set to go off as it flew over america? Yeah, we have a right to be paranoid.

@_RUMBLEROAR_ Why are we paranoid??? Could it possibly be the millions of people who would love to destroy us? The recent terror...

and u think bombing other people will make them like you more?? i dont understand that logic