+359

High schools often have "Sit with Someone New!" or "Make a New Friend!" type days, but in reality no one actually participates. amirite?

Taters avatar Education
3 6
The voters have decided that Tater is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Usually the ones who DO participate act like they're being so nice and you ought to be grateful, but it's usually like "Um, who the hell are you and why are you treating me like a charity case?"

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +7Reply

They should give you this opportunity in class... instead of having dumb assigned seats next to the same person the whole semester and by assigning people for you to work with, instead of leaving it up to you guys. Everyone knows you'll choose the same person (your friend)

@KickAss They should give you this opportunity in class... instead of having dumb assigned seats next to the same person the...

i always hope teachers assign groups because i am too nervous to talk to the cute guys so i always hope my teacher will put me with them hahahaha

@wmstephaniefh i always hope teachers assign groups because i am too nervous to talk to the cute guys so i always hope my teacher...

Yeah I liked it when the teacher assigned group members, because I was usually friends with everyone and everyone wanted me to be their partner or group member. Things were easier if the teacher chose, so no one of my friends would be mad at me. That and I could pretend to be uninterested in a girl, when the teacher assigned me to a hot one.

...dude. in middle school they MADE us do that. we walked in and got tags in lunch and i was in the first lunch period and didn't know what was going on. that was the worst experience of my life.

They did that in my elementry school. They made us sit at tables with people who shared our birthday month. Nobody talked, we just sat there awkwardly. If you had a friend who had the same birthday month as you, you clung to them for dear life and didn't talk to anybody else. So much for that plan, school board.