+192

It's rather odd that in the Pokémon video game world, every country seems to have left every town's law enforcement and national defense up to a single 10 year old who had just started training animals for a living earlier that week, amirite?

MrRites avatar
7 4
The voters have decided that MrRite is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

There are the policemen/women in GSC

@Uzumaki_Naruto There are the policemen/women in GSC

Yes, there are police in many of the games, but the fact remains that they never do anything of real importance. They just stand around whenever you see them, some of them ATTACK you (with one single growlithe, great defense there) and they're nowhere to be found at the most crucial of times. Where were they in R/B/Y when Silph Tower was being taken over? Where were they in G/S/C when Team Rocket had clearly returned etc. In the end, whenever it's time to save the country, or in some cases the entire damn world, it's ALWAYS left up to one ten year old who had just started training pokemon not but a week or so earlier. You never even get the ever classic scenario where just after the hero lays the final beatdown on the villain, the police rush in just behind to clean up.

MrRites avatar MrRite Yeah You Are 0Reply
@MrRite Yes, there are police in many of the games, but the fact remains that they never do anything of real importance...

I admit they are useless. One thing that strikes me as strange is the complete lack of adult males, excepting older "gentlemen" and the elderly. There's also Lt. Surge, which hints at some sort of war going on somewhere with all the adult men gone. Maybe that explains the lowered police force? There are actually quite a number of theories. I would link but I'm too lazy to find the page again.

@Uzumaki_Naruto I admit they are useless. One thing that strikes me as strange is the complete lack of adult males, excepting older...

There are plenty of adult males. Cooltrainers, hikers, bikers, scientists, bird keepers, blackbelts, cyclists and so on.

MrRites avatar MrRite Yeah You Are +1Reply