-13

Guys: If a girl hits you first, you should be allowed to hit them back without looking like a jerk, amirite?

Kianglos avatar
8 39
The voters have decided that Kianglo is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I like how most of the people who voted 'No Way' are girls. This post is addressed to guys ladies, so they're the ones who should be voting.

Well, you can't hit anyone back no matter what gender without looking like a jerk. But if someone attacked you, that's a different story.

Sex should not be a factor. If it's in self defense, absolutely.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are +17Reply

Oh but women are equal, why should they get special treatment? I'm a feminist.

Catbaaneds avatar Catbaaned Yeah You Are +16Reply
@Catbaaned Oh but women are equal, why should they get special treatment? I'm a feminist.

I think it's more of how women are typically physically weaker than men, not that they should not be hit just because they are a woman.

Catbaaneds avatar Catbaaned Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Catbaaned Then why are people upset that women and men have separate sports leagues?

Because some women are as strong as men. Not letting them even have the chance to prove it isn't fair.

@So women are only equal when it benefits them? okay.

No, when did I say all women aren't equal? If some strong woman hits you, go ahead and hit her back. But if some weakass girl hits you and you hardly feel it, I don't think it's fair that a guy can hit her back when he's physically stronger than her.

There's no constant rule. It really depends on the circumstances.

"All girls want to be treated equal until the women and children are released out of a hostage situation first." I think this goes along with this pretty well, too.
If I hit a guy, I should be damn ready to get hit back. I don't want any special treatment.

shelbybuckffss avatar shelbybuckffs Yeah You Are +10Reply

If it's in self-defense? Yes, hit them. But if you're just doing it because "she did it first" or "to get back at them", grow up and stop continuing fights - in the long run, letting fights just end is gonna get you in less trouble (and probably hit less, because she'll probably do the same and hit you back AGAIN, escalating the squabble needlessly). This should be the case regardless of the gender of the instigator AND the reciever.

You'd only look like a jerk if you hit her way harder than she hit you and hurt her (this is assuming you meant playfully hit and not self defense), but you'd look like a jerk if you did that to another guy too.

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +7Reply

Yes you should! I'm taking this as a friendly hit, and you playfully hit back. Everyone else is assuming you mean like full on attack or something.

foreveralones avatar foreveralone Yeah You Are +5Reply
@foreveralone Yes you should! I'm taking this as a friendly hit, and you playfully hit back. Everyone else is assuming you mean...

This. I'm a girl and will playfully hit my guy friends all the time, and try to convince them they're allowed to hit me back. I'm not super strong, but I'm also not made of glass.

Since when do guys look like a jerk for this? If I playfully hit a guy, and he playfully hits me back, no one would care. If I start attacking a guy, and he defends himself, no one would care.

I wouldn't hit a girl unless i was in serious danger. Defend myself yes. Maybe even push them a little. But hit? I dunno about that.

Honestly where I live we don't get all "SHE'S A WOMAN HOW DARE YOU HIT HER EVEN IF SHE HIT YOU FIRST!!" It's really laughable when people say shit like that.
Everyone hates people who do.

Runys avatar Runy Yeah You Are +2Reply

I think it comes as an issue of shilvary. I personally would never hit a girl. When I was very young I hit my older sister angerly. I was probably 7 then my dad took me to the side and told me to never hit a girl. I asked why and he replied because it is the right thing to do. It was never an issue of equality. It was an issue of RESPECT towards women.

It really depends. An example: I once slapped an ex boyfriend because he told me I was a stupid fucking whore who would end up a loser like everyone else in my family. His response was to put me in a choke hold until I was forced to either punch him in the face or black out. This is not the appropriate reaction. I, personally, think he should have just been like "OK, I deserved that. You can't just say that to a person because they caught you cheating on them, Ima let it go."

Another example: This kid Shane got punched in the face by a girl, of equal or slightly greater size, for a some ridiculous reason. Something about milk or some other food thing I think. Or maybe a pencil. So he punched her right back. That's perfectly fine.

As for play fighting: Guys are naturally stronger than girls, but I expect most guys would have the sense not to go full on beast mode on a girl (or any person), so yes. It is OK to hit back.

I'm a girl and I voted.

People don't realize just how detrimental it can be for a male to be abused. It is JUST as bad as a woman being abused.

@twisted_memories I'm a girl and I voted. People don't realize just how detrimental it can be for a male to be abused. It is JUST as...

Right. A girl can hit her boyfriend all she wants, but if he does a single thing to her it's suddenly "horrible". It's sickening.

Kianglos avatar Kianglo Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Kianglo Right. A girl can hit her boyfriend all she wants, but if he does a single thing to her it's suddenly "horrible"...

It's truly awful. Tyra actually did a show on it. The men were acting just like an abused woman, very quiet and subdued. The women were just like abusive males, saying that they wouldn't hit their boyfriend if he didn't deserve it and that they loved them and stuff. It was sickening. I've got a friend who was in an abusive relationship. In hindsight, I wish I'd beat that bitch down.

If women want equal rights they should just learn to take a hit...

StanleyBVBs avatar StanleyBVB Yeah You Are 0Reply
@StanleyBVB If women want equal rights they should just learn to take a hit...

Because that's how it works. If you want to be equal, just deal with what's being dished out!

Unless shes trying to kill you then no

Alright, jerk .

So if they tapped you lightly, you'd punch them in the face?

Some guys over-react.