+430

Everyone bitching about the president: Shut the hell up. He tried to do what he thought was best for his country and you just sit there on your ass and complain. His situation was crap going in but at least he is trying to fix it and you elected him! If you cant vote then its not your problem yet any way so shut up. If you want something to change, get up and do something. amirite?

guitarguys avatar Politics
11 92
The voters have decided that guitarguy is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

First of all just because you can't vote doesn't make it not your problem. If i could vote I would. The decisions the president makes will change my life whether i like it or not. And you need to stop your bitching about bitching.

It's not our problem yet? Of course it isn't, because everyone knows you aren't an American affected by the government until you're 18.

@785629

I know! It's like just because we aren't old enough to vote, we aren't old enough to have an opinion either! And even if Bush wasn't a great president, Obama is way worse, so I don't know why people here always bring up Bush.

@_RUMBLEROAR_ I know! It's like just because we aren't old enough to vote, we aren't old enough to have an opinion either! And...

"And even if Bush wasn't a great president, Obama is way worse, so I don't know why people here always bring up Bush."

That is why your opinion is void

@_RUMBLEROAR_ Excuse me? http://blog.heritage.org/?p=4210 This is why your opinion is void.

The shadow of the recession will be apparent for the next decade. The economy has to get worse before it can get better. It cannot be fixed in a matter of months or even a matter of years. Slowly, our situation will improve. Both the national and global economy have already shown minor signs of recovery. I only wish people would realize how slow this process will take. You can disagree with his policies, but Obama is doing everything in his power to reverse the course of our failing nation.

@DanielJames The shadow of the recession will be apparent for the next decade. The economy has to get worse before it can get...

You know, everyone says that, and it makes me wonder, how will it get better when he keeps spending us into oblivion? What exactly was the difference between Bush's frivolous spending and Obama's right now? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I would honestly like someone to explain that to me.

@_RUMBLEROAR_ You know, everyone says that, and it makes me wonder, how will it get better when he keeps spending us into...

To put it simply: Bush's spending put America into an economic hole; Obama's spending is trying to dig us out of the economic hole.

Bush did not focus his spending on fixing the economy until late into his second term. He simply spent money on his policies, which turned into economic failures. Meanwhile, the focus of Obama's spending is on fixing the economy.

Hopefully that makes sense.

@_RUMBLEROAR_ But what is the difference between the spending? Is it what they were spending on?

Bush spent the majority of his budget on defense and wars, while doing very little to save the housing bubble/economy. The majority of Obama's spending is being spent to revive the economy he inherited, through such programs as his stimulus package and his investments in jobs and education.

@DanielJames "And even if Bush wasn't a great president, Obama is way worse, so I don't know why people here always bring up...

Why is his opinion void? He believes that, you see it otherwise. It's not fair to simply dismiss his opinion because you disagree.

@Why is his opinion void? He believes that, you see it otherwise. It's not fair to simply dismiss his opinion...

If you read the whole thing, he said my opinion was void, and I meant his opinion on my opinion being void is void, wow, that was one confusing sentence

@785629

We have to deal with it more than the current adults do. We'll be paying for all of these bailouts and reforms. We will be the broke ones.
If the economy is increasing now, it'll decrease once all of these so-called "it will work!" bailouts from the past 3-5 years have to get paid for.

It's because he's black, isn't it? Bastards.

He won the election, but that doesn't mean everybody in the country voted for him, and just because somebody can't vote doesn't mean they shouldn't be concerned. What this guy does is going to affect our entire country's population. Saying that you don't have to be worry just because you're young is ignorant.

Plus, a big part of democracy is the idea of there being more than one opinion. In telling anyone critical of the president to shut up, you should also be telling anyone relentlessly singing his praises (such as you) to shut up, too, to be completely fair.

Alas, if only someone would defend President Bush like this...But will that ever happen? Nope. I do think President Obama has done the best he could, but I believe that of every president.

@779633

Not even himself..

@779633

...I wonder why...

@779633

Bush was pretty bad, but it wasn't all his fault. He was set up for disaster.

@DanielJames How exactly was Bush set up for disaster?

Clinton's loan policy started the recession.
People couldn't pay back their loans, which they got because of his policy.

@Clinton's loan policy started the recession. People couldn't pay back their loans, which they got because of his policy.

While Clinton's loan policy may have had an affect on the economy, Bush's tax cuts, two unnecessary and prolonged wars, the housing bubble, unemployment, etc. had a much greater impact...leading to the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression.

@DanielJames While Clinton's loan policy may have had an affect on the economy, Bush's tax cuts, two unnecessary and prolonged...

effect**
And Clinton's policy had a HUUUUUUUUUGE effect on the economy. HUGE.
I'm not saying Bush didn't. He definitely did, but he's not the only one to blame.
And Obama increased unemployment, and many people are cutting education funds but increasing welfare [which doesn't make sense IMO]
We've just had a crappy few presidents.

@effect** And Clinton's policy had a HUUUUUUUUUGE effect on the economy. HUGE. I'm not saying Bush didn't. He...

Thank you for correcting me. As a self-professed Grammar Nazi, I am ashamed. Also, I never said that Bush deserves 100% of the blame. The problems date back all the way to Bush Sr. However, the majority of the blame is on Bush.

I agree that people should give Obama a break. People wanted immediate solutions to our issues, but two years isn't enough time for everything to be resolved. If only reform was that easy.

Then tell everyone else who is STILL complaining about BUSH

Woo! Another post where people can show how little they know about Amurrrican government and politics!

um, yah... I voted for McCain

Word.

I'm assuming you mean the American president then?

I'd like to see some of you assholes try to run a country. It's not a very eas job.

if people can't vote yet, it's still affecting them... So it's still their problem.

@Batman if people can't vote yet, it's still affecting them... So it's still their problem.

Not really cus chances are they live with their parents and dont have to pay for shit.

@Not really cus chances are they live with their parents and dont have to pay for shit.

Their parents have to pay for 'that shit' which then effects them.

@Their parents have to pay for 'that shit' which then effects them.

(cough.): Okay so if it affects them paying for things you really need then yeah it affects you, but if they cant pay for your flashy new phone or some fancy jeans then get over it.
My dad lost his job when a democratic governor was elected and it did affect us, so in this recent election my dad voted republican. But just cus of that it doesnt mean I voted republican (I actually voted libertarian, so it was neither) I am just saying that you can have your own opinion so long as YOU formed it, from your own readings/findings rather than just what your parents think. My biggest issue is rich kids that automatically side with their parents cus their parents dont want to pay a wee bit more on their taxes, these kids dont realize that they are not going to be rich when they move out on their own. I'm not rich so I dont care as much about things that I dont need.

I'm from canada :D

@I'm from canada :D

im jealous xD

@im jealous xD

Everyones jealous of Canadians :D

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I most definitely agree that PEOPLE have to make personal changes too or we will get nowhere. Bitching isnt gonna help, being proactive is. You can have a opinion and NOT bitch.

We are currently spending billions of dollars a year to keep NON-VIOLENT marijuana offenders in jail. If they Legalized (regulated and taxed) marijuana. We would SAVE a shitload of money + the 10 billion dollars generated by selling it. We could use industrial hemp to make fuel, paper, clothing, and food (non-psychoactive).Lets work on achieving this.

Ah, don't you love the smell of not being able to have an opinion in the morning?
I agree with what you seem to be trying to say- he's only human and is trying his best. But it's not our problem if we are underage and can't vote? Not true at al. You think politics does not effect children and teenagers?
And how do you know people just sit on their asses and complain? Most everyone is out there working long hours all day to feed themselves and their family. So what everyone isn't involved in politics, that means we can't have an opinion or complain about anything?
Too much complaining is annoying, but complaining is better than being complacent and just shutting up, which apperently we are supposed to do if we don't like something. Nice...

No matter who the president is, LIFE IS NOT EASY. It may be easy now if you are living at home but seriously having a different president wont magically make it easier. So here is my advice: 1)Do well in school, if not be very creative and maybe you will get lucky. 2) get a good job 3)Stay positive no matter what shit comes your way. 4) DONT GET PREGNANT UNLESS YOU ARE READY FOR THAT SHIT, IF YOU HAVE SEX GO ON THE PILL! 5) most important, no matter what ENJOY LIFE, have fun go on adventures STOP FUCKING WORRYING about the future 6)all you need to care about is NOW because time doesnt exist, the future doesnt exist yet. NOW does.

yeah their parents are probably paying their way through the world for right now but eventually that'll change unless they die before their parents and what happens today effects the future so... They still need to be concerned with the affairs of the world.

@Batman yeah their parents are probably paying their way through the world for right now but eventually that'll change...

Yes they can still be concerned and politically aware so long as they formed their own opinions based on their own findings and readings rather than just what their parents think. If they are worried about their future then what they should be doing is preparing themselves for it, as long as you are prepared to face a challenge (cus that basically what life is in general) then everything's gonna be okay.

Think about it.

SillyBananas avatar SillyBanana Yeah You Are 0Reply

Considering what bush got us into, Obama is doing a hell of a job.
He passed the health care bill, so at least he's TRYING.

@bubblybundle2727 Considering what bush got us into, Obama is doing a hell of a job. He passed the health care bill, so at least he's...

And how is the health care bill supposed to get us out of recession? As far as I can tell, it's basically forcing insurance companies to insure everyone. Anyone who knows how insurance works can tell you that that will push prices higher. When people are spending their money on insurance bills and not consumer goods, we aren't going to even break the surface of this recession.

@And how is the health care bill supposed to get us out of recession? As far as I can tell, it's basically forcing...

(Proud American): Do you even know what it is? Healthcare would be payed for through taxes, meaning YOU wont have to pay for insurance directly-you probly dont know cus your probly under your parents insurance still (the healthcare bill would allow you to be under your rents till your 25 btw) . Yes taxes may be a bit higher but it would be paying for insurance. Just wait till you are not covered by your parents anymore, and you get injured or sick-then you have to pull 5000 out of you ass for the hospital. If they regulated and taxed marijuana that would generate over 10 billion in tax revenue each year and that would be a consumer good many would be happy to buy.

@788532

aha yeah, I knew it was something like that, 25 seemed rounder to me I guess.

@(Proud American): Do you even know what it is? Healthcare would be payed for through taxes, meaning YOU wont have...

Ah, so you're one of those people that believe that Obama is going to get money out of nowhere to pay for everyone's healthcare? I know you mentioned taxes, but there's a problem with that - they don't generate the funds necessary to pay for every sick person in America. We're already in a major deficit, complements of several presidents, (including your beloved Obama), and adding another bill onto the already overwhelming list of things our government isn't going to help the economy, including YOU. Or are you one of those people that live off of welfare? Also, regarding the marijuana, do you think that the entire legislative body will agree to include that? It's hard enough getting a state to do it, let alone a country. So for your idealist agenda, you have failed.

@Ah, so you're one of those people that believe that Obama is going to get money out of nowhere to pay for...

(Proud American): Just for the record I do not worship Obama, and no I do not live off welfare. I dont believe he is going to pull money out of his ass either. Its kinda lame to assume shit like that about people, like every person for the health care bill is some poor lazy fuck that wants to live straight off of the government. I just think its a bit messed up that more people die a year from not having health insurance than people die a year from cigarettes. It's worked for Canada, and its working for Australia-where you can basically chose to have private insurance but if you dont you are covered. Some people have legitimate disabilities and can not have a good job, not everyone it a lazy bastard like you think. You would feel dandy if you saw someone you love refuse to go to the hospital because they can not afford it. I agree it can probly be re-written and tweaked, maybe we are not ready for it but I just think it would be better for us, at least I'm compassionate.

(Proud American): Also regarding marijuana: Of coarse it wont happen instantly on a national level. California will probly go first, or perhaps another western state. Although prop 19 did not pass, it will definitely be back in 2012. Not enough people went out to vote for it, but the fact that it was there made a big difference. But If one state does do it, and it works out well, the dominoes shall fall. Also, the least they can do is decriminalize it.

We try do something but what can we do? and i definitely did NOT vote him in. and why cant we say anything about obama but you got to say a whole crapload of stuff about bush?

@sarahf We try do something but what can we do? and i definitely did NOT vote him in. and why cant we say anything about...

Write a god damn letter if you cant vote.
Basically if people dont spend money on shit our economy wont get better as fast.

Some really popular girls whos parents are republicans (I'm from Texas...nuff said) were whispering during one of his speeches we were playing in class and were saying stuff like "oh he's so stupid, he's not even CHRISTIAN, he's Muslim or something. He doesn't even know what he's saying! He's black, so he's real stupid"
and I'm like
"actually he IS christian, by choice, and he got his law degree and went to Harvard. I'm sure he's very stupid"
they shut up after that.

StephanieIsMes avatar StephanieIsMe Yeah You Are 0Reply
@StephanieIsMe Some really popular girls whos parents are republicans (I'm from Texas...nuff said) were whispering during one of...

OMG that makes me so mad when people automatically side with their parents. Like, you are not gonna be living with them forever-who cares if the parents have to pay a teeny weeny bit more on their taxes (cus they are rich),the offspring wont be so rich on your own and would probly get a break. dumb bitches

@OMG that makes me so mad when people automatically side with their parents. Like, you are not gonna be living with...

Tell me about it. I mean, yes you can afford your UGG boots and expensive jeans, iPhones, shirts, everything NOW, but what happens when you don't make enough money to maintain that lifestyle because you didn't try hard enough academically? I mean, y'all aren't THAT special

StephanieIsMes avatar StephanieIsMe Yeah You Are +2Reply
@StephanieIsMe Tell me about it. I mean, yes you can afford your UGG boots and expensive jeans, iPhones, shirts, everything NOW...

I side with my parents! But that is because I have been brainwashed my entire life. Yes, by my parents, but still.

Tangletalons avatar Tangletalon Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Tangletalon I side with my parents! But that is because I have been brainwashed my entire life. Yes, by my parents, but still.

nah I mean I side with my parents (democrats), but I don't make uneducated claims against a person, you know? I guess it is because that's the way I grew up, but I try to make my own decisions based on information and fact, you know?

Obama has thus far capitalized on few of the campaign promises he made. Many people on this thread have said it is a process and can't be changed in a matter of 2 year. why was his campaign slogan "change" then? if he couldn't change it why did he run under that word?

Also, for those of you bashing Bush, feel free to bash your congress, as it was democratic for most of Bush's time in office.

Bush couldn't change the Clinton loan mandate, which stated fannie may and freddy mac needed to make loans to people who were unqualified. these toxic loans began trickling down to town banks (this is why the government bailed out the banks, if they hadn't we would all be screwed)

What I'm saying is obama isn't as good as he said he would be. "getmo" is open, the war is waging, the economy is still in shambles, taxes went up, and the health care bill didn't get passed. great job.

OP plays guitar, enough said about his druggie liberal retarded agenda.

tl;dr nuff said.

Fact: Obama has proven to be an incompetent president.

@Where did this 'fact' come from?

Uh, where do ANY facts come from?

@ItsPreeGood Uh, where do ANY facts come from?

The internet. Where on the internet did this "fact" come from?

Tangletalons avatar Tangletalon Yeah You Are +1Reply

I think Obama got too overwhelmed by what he had to do versus what he thought he had to do. He is not doing anyhting to help this country. Trying to be a socialist in a democratic country is not the answer America needs to fix our problems

@bookfreak I think Obama got too overwhelmed by what he had to do versus what he thought he had to do. He is not doing...

Just because a country is socialist, dosn't mean it's not democratic -face desk face desk face desk-. And you can't say he is trying to turn America into a socialist country until the day that he proposes banning all private run enterprise.

@SpearmintMilk Just because a country is socialist, dosn't mean it's not democratic -face desk face desk face desk-. And you can't...

I am aware that you can have a socialist democratic country. I am arguing the fact that America was built on Capitalism and the ability to go from nothing to something with one idea. Obama, while not proposing outright to ban all private enterprises, is doing a hell of alot against it, which then is only making our debt bigger, faster. He needs to promote the small businesses which he is NOT doing (when he is promoting his socialist ideals) if America is to get back on its feet.

@bookfreak I am aware that you can have a socialist democratic country. I am arguing the fact that America was built on...

"Trying to be a socialist in a democratic country is not the answer" You should have said "Trying to be a socialist in a capitalist country is not the answer"

Obama is trying to help small buisness the republican party kept trying to block the small buisness bill, but two of them went against the party and helped it pass.
http://www.usfinancialpost.com/...ericans/85963/
Anyway I'm not even American, I just find your politics intresting.

@SpearmintMilk "Trying to be a socialist in a democratic country is not the answer" You should have said "Trying to be a socialist...

yeah you are right I messed up what I was trying to say, and thank you for the article. I am mad because the only information on politics I can find nowadays is online, and I haven't had alot of time to catch up since summer, because we don't have tv (so no Fox News=[) but thanks again=]

@bookfreak yeah you are right I messed up what I was trying to say, and thank you for the article. I am mad because the only...

That's ok, but it does annoy me when people make uneducated claims againt Obama (or really any other person). It's ok if you don't like him, but make sure you have a valid reason not just what someone else told you, do research and form your own opinons. If you want information on politics don't rely on one source, especially Fox News beacause they are very bias.

MAYBE you should stop talking BECAUSE your sad and have nothing better to do than complain about other people complaining and cuss.
AND the president is having PRAISES sung about him in schools and the schools wont have a mention of Christianity without suspending the kid who is doing good and living life praising the LORD!
So, I can't vote yet, but I still am knocked off by Obama

I agree with this, but this is too much of a rant to make it on the homepage so it's not really going to do much of anything.