+1,956

Whoever said that nothing rhymes with orange clearly doesn't know the correct pronunciation of 'nothing,' amirite?

Baconnoisseurs avatar
258 36
The voters have decided that Baconnoisseur is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Lol! But...Door Hinge. Just saying

@adam Lol! But...Door Hinge. Just saying

That's not one word, that's two words. There's also an 'h' sound, which isn't in the word orange at all.

RosesAndNerdss avatar RosesAndNerds Yeah You Are 0Reply
@RosesAndNerds That's not one word, that's two words. There's also an 'h' sound, which isn't in the word orange at all.

All true. The "h" sound doesn't void its status as rhyme, but the fact that it's two words does.

@wobbuffet All true. The "h" sound doesn't void its status as rhyme, but the fact that it's two words does.

Yeah, I'll admit my 'h' argument made no sense, but it also doesn't make sense when people say that door hinge is a word that rhymes with it. The fact is that no one word rhymes with orange is the point I was trying to make.

RosesAndNerdss avatar RosesAndNerds Yeah You Are +1Reply

Orange and Door Hinge do not rhyme. I don't even know how this was started.

Stepharoos avatar Stepharoo Yeah You Are -20Reply
@Stepharoo Orange and Door Hinge do not rhyme. I don't even know how this was started.

it was said on Drake and Josh, an it took a mind of its own i guess......

@it was said on Drake and Josh, an it took a mind of its own i guess......

lol i hope you weren't implying that that show was where it was first used.

I feel like an idiot. It took me a minute to get that.

hahaahha at first i was like nothorange whattt? hhaahaa

Wow, that took me awhile but I got it.

Im an idiot. Explain?

@greatrande Im an idiot. Explain?

People say that nothing rhymes with the word orange. What we really mean when we say that is that not a word in the world rhymes with the word orange, but when stating that we're saying "nothing" rhymes with it. Meaning that orange rhymes with nothing. As in the word nothing sounds like 'orange'. Does that make sense? Sorry, I'm a horrible explainer! xD

Moonshoes170s avatar Moonshoes170 Yeah You Are +25Reply
@greatrande Haha thanks so much! God im slow. And you were infact good at explaining XD

Haha, thank you! And don't worry, I do stuff like that ALL the time. Then I'm always afraid to comment and ask the point of the post because people usually say something along the lines of "ono smilie"...ha.

Moonshoes170s avatar Moonshoes170 Yeah You Are +9Reply

I love your username. :D Killers fan?

@I love your username. :D Killers fan?

You know it! It's worth having as a username just to find the other Killers fans on here.

Baconnoisseurs avatar Baconnoisseur Yeah You Are +4Reply
@WhatWhatintheButt Make that five :)

Okay, I officially declare this post the Killers Amirite Fan Club Post! Haha, first meeting is now in session.

Baconnoisseurs avatar Baconnoisseur Yeah You Are +1Reply

Beer binge

Ooo, quite clever! :O

Moonshoes170s avatar Moonshoes170 Yeah You Are -1Reply

Lozenge

@780703

Syringe? Well if you pronounce it 'Soringe' then i guess you're right. But i dont think most people do...

@780703

YES, I KNEW IT! I made a post about this before I registered and it got NW'd a lot :(

Applescruffs avatar Applescruff Yeah You Are +1Reply